Blues Factory

Explorer

This goes out to Dave of Blues Factory

First thing first - I am not in anyway doing a promotion of this place (as i have never been there yet) but just thought i share it.

Colleague of mine was in Melbourne for a tourism exhibition awhile ago brought back a side-table magazine promoting Pataya, Thailand as the next tourism exhibition venue. This was on the second page of the magazine that was being distributed there and i believe was published in Singapore. Anyway, visual as below

gallery_10485_138_846746.jpg

Explorer :o

This goes out to Dave of Blues Factory

First thing first - I am not in anyway doing a promotion of this place (as i have never been there yet) but just thought i share it.

Colleague of mine was in Melbourne for a tourism exhibition awhile ago brought back a side-table magazine promoting Pataya, Thailand as the next tourism exhibition venue. This was on the second page of the magazine that was being distributed there and i believe was published in Singapore. Anyway, visual as below

gallery_10485_138_846746.jpg

Explorer  :o

Dave...Worldwide fame....you must be doing it right :D

• 1 month later...

I was there last week and only caught the last song of the first band but the Thai band were the best I have heard in Thailand and would give a lot of Filipino/Western blues / rock bands a run for their money. Voodoo Chili just for fun! My Thai girlfriend was gob smacked and she's use to listening to us playing in HK! Keep up the great club!

Lam is great, was there a couple of weekends ago and Dave himself spent a considerable amount of time chewing the fat with me and my TV mate. Then he left us with a couple of rounds on the table.

I found myself calling out to Lam the first names of a few or my favourite artists, he (Lam) then proceeded to play a song from each.

I only wish Dave would update the decor, however it does fit into the whole (area) scene I guess.

Its definitely a must go in Pattaya where good quality entertainment venues are hard to find.

The funniest sights are when Mr Newbie Fat and Fiftyish Falang and friends turn up with their fresh out of the GOGO bar slappers.

The Philipino singer gives them heaps,and its a great laugh.

See lots of Local Expats with their girlfriends sitting quietly enjoying the music.

All in all its a nice place to cruise for a few hours.

reccomend those blues bar shooters too!!!

IM- you walk down the alley often??? :o

Like I said, I'm a good girl :D so no alleys for me.

I have to say that the Blues Factory was excellent when i was there. Wqas supposed to meet a couple of Thaivisa members there. But for reasons i wont discuss here. it didnt happen. :D:D:o I'll be down there thsi season for 2 games.. So i'll give you a shout Dave. Then you can shout me a few beers. :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
Even more positive press:

from "The Australian" online news, it's the first to be mentioned in an overall review of Pattaya:

"Best addresses: The Blues Factory, just off Walking Street, pumps out excellent live blues and R&B nightly with no cover charge. "

:o

When it first opened, the Blues factory was great, greg and the band pumped out real blues, you could hear Stevie Ray vaughn, Santana, etc most of the night. Sadly it should really now be called the "Rock and perennial favourites factory".

While I really enjoy Lam morrison (been listening to him for 25 years), and even enjoy a decent filipino band now and then, The original flavour has gone, and it was original, the only place in Pattaya to hear great live Blues-rock. Now the music can be heard anywhere.

Freddie

When it first opened, the Blues factory was great, greg and the band pumped out real blues, you could hear Stevie Ray vaughn, Santana, etc most of the night. Sadly it should really now be called the "Rock and perennial favourites factory".

While I really enjoy Lam morrison (been listening to him for 25 years), and even enjoy a decent filipino band now and then, The original flavour has gone, and it was original, the only place in Pattaya to hear great live Blues-rock. Now the music can be heard anywhere.

Freddie

Hehehe, no free beer for Freddie ! (of course, Dave would actually have to be in the Blues Factory once in awhile for that to happen any ways !)

I'll try again 2 or 3 times when I get back (6 days, 5 hours and 52 minutes from now, depending on traffic, but who's counting ?)

I recently had a couple acquaintences from work tell me they were going to Thailand and Pattaya. Based on what everyone has said about your place Dave, which has been all good things, I recommended to these guys to go check it out and they said they would. Glad to push people in the direction of a good establishment. :o

Freddie

Hehehe, no free beer for Freddie ! (of course, Dave would actually have to be in the Blues Factory once in awhile for that to happen any ways !)

I'll try again 2 or 3 times when I get back (6 days, 5 hours and 52 minutes from now, depending on traffic, but who's counting ?)

I normally have mon or tues off (sometimes both) otherwise I'm in there everynight from 830 -9pm till around midnight then i pop in and out of the other bars then back to the B factory. :o (sometimes in the office, ask staff for me)

Even more positive press:

from "The Australian" online news, it's the first to be mentioned in an overall review of Pattaya:

"Best addresses: The Blues Factory, just off Walking Street, pumps out excellent live blues and R&B nightly with no cover charge. "

:o

Freddie

When did you last visit?

The club now plays more blues than it ever did before, the musicians are more talented and have more blues history than before.

The only blues player before was Greg who was OK but IMO he was holding the place back :D the rest of the band were russian rock musicians.

Pop, etc is now forbidden in the blues factory and I guarantee that you will not here any pop songs apart from Ladies Night and a bit of rock pop.

On Blues Machine sets it is 90% blues with maybe a bit of motown & RnB. Thats it.

:D