Blues Factory

Explorer

When did you last visit?

The club now plays more blues than it ever did before, the musicians are more talented and have more blues history than before.

The only blues player before was Greg who was OK but IMO he was holding the place back :D the rest of the band were russian rock musicians.

Pop, etc is now forbidden in the blues factory and I guarantee that you will not here any pop songs apart from Ladies Night and a bit of rock pop.

On Blues Machine sets it is 90% blues with maybe a bit of motown & RnB. Thats it.

:D

Two weeks ago, just before I left for the Faeroes, and on the strength of the 5 visits over the previous couple of weeks to that, I stand by what I said.

I'm not bitching, I still enjoy the Blues Factory, I jsut seem to remember a blue-er time :o

Freddie

When did you last visit?

The club now plays more blues than it ever did before, the musicians are more talented and have more blues history than before.

The only blues player before was Greg who was OK but IMO he was holding the place back :D the rest of the band were russian rock musicians.

Pop, etc is now forbidden in the blues factory and I guarantee that you will not here any pop songs apart from Ladies Night and a bit of rock pop.

On Blues Machine sets it is 90% blues with maybe a bit of motown & RnB. Thats it.

:D

Two weeks ago, just before I left for the Faeroes, and on the strength of the 5 visits over the previous couple of weeks to that, I stand by what I said.

I'm not bitching, I still enjoy the Blues Factory, I jsut seem to remember a blue-er time :o

Freddie

Can you remember what days of the week you were there? Mon? Tues?

Mon is ladies night where i've told the band to play more of a variety, wed is lams night so he plays what he wants, the other nights are blues. :D

Can you remember what days of the week you were there? Mon? Tues?

Mon is ladies night where i've told the band to play more of a variety, wed is lams night so he plays what he wants, the other nights are blues. :o

Still have the cute Phillippino girl with the huge lungs singing ? (lungs I said, not breasts !)

Still giving away lots of goodies on ladies night ? The last time I went there with some friends, our tickets were up in the 300 series. The girl that won the chain had #33 or something. She must have been sitting there all night.

Anything happening on Saturday nights ? If anyone shows up for the TV party at the FLB, we'll probably head over to the Blues afterwards (so we can cage free drinks from the proprietor !)

• 3 weeks later...
Is the volume at a decent level yet dave?

I might pop in on Friday night and give an opinion. I will be the angry falang with a bad attitude.

Have been to the BF many times and we like it a lot, but what we don't like so much is the accoustics. A few times I had to leave with a headache, and that was unfortunate as the music was superb.

Guy