Nationwide ,,, Changes

elliss

from 1 november 2010 .

there will be new charges,

non U.K. atm cash withdrawal £1.00 plus commision @ 2 per cent, for each withdrawal.

if you have a nationwide cash card , you cannot use it abroad .

swift and chaps transfer incresing from £20.00 to £25.00..

booh -- baah ... oh my buddah.

I assume we are talking about Nationwide BS in the UK. I have heard that they are charging 2% on withdrawals from a ATM abroad but did not know that you will not be able to use your Nationwide debit card abroad at a ATM. I rely on using my Nationwide BS debit card in Thailand as my pension is paid monthly into my UK bank account . Are you sure l cannot use the debit card which is a visa as well abroad from 1 November 2010. If you have any information please PM me as l have seen nothing on their website

Many thanks

I assume we are talking about Nationwide BS in the UK. I have heard that they are charging 2% on withdrawals from a ATM abroad but did not know that you will not be able to use your Nationwide debit card abroad at a ATM. I rely on using my Nationwide BS debit card in Thailand as my pension is paid monthly into my UK bank account . Are you sure l cannot use the debit card which is a visa as well abroad from 1 November 2010. If you have any information please PM me as l have seen nothing on their website

Many thanks

nationwide building society

if you have a flexi account card /debit card you can still use abroad,no problems .

your cash withdrawals in thailand , will incurr a new charge .

the cash card , allows you only to withdraw cash to the balance ,

you have in that account , you are not allowed you to be overdrawn .

p.s. IMO. nationwide is the best ,

fck ,, the banks

Here is the link to the info about the new cash card being issued to replace the current cash card.

Here.

Somewhat bizarrely the cash card + as it is called can not be used for cash withdrawals abroad but can be used like a debit card to buy goods or sevices abroad.

For those in the UK who can apply for one of the new pre-paid card like FairFX or CaxtonFX these can now work out better deals than the Nationwide but really depend on your circumstances and how you use them. You simply top them up online.