Work Permit For Girlfriend

I have an opportunity to work in Thailand, We are from Australia and are both 32 years of age, we have been living together for three years:wub:. Is it possible for her to get a visa as well or how do we go about the whole thing?

Your expertise help would be very much appreciated!!! :signthaivisa:

Culinary regards,

ChefTillDeath

Unless you are married she doesn't count as a dependent of you and would need her own reason to stay in Thailand, such as studying (Thai language).

She could apply for a multiple non-O visa based on visiting you when you are in Thailand, at the Thai consulate in Perth. They will be closing in October, than that option will no longer be available.

Unless you are married she doesn't count as a dependent of you and would need her own reason to stay in Thailand, such as studying (Thai language).

She could apply for a multiple non-O visa based on visiting you when you are in Thailand, at the Thai consulate in Perth. They will be closing in October, than that option will no longer be available.

Thanx Mario! :jap:

If she is studying Thai, how would we go about this, we are looking at moving to Chiang Mai, do I just contact a language school there, and would it be costly? Also in regards to a non-O visa, how long does this allow for her to stay?

Cheers!

90 days or if multi entry one year of 90 day stays.

Education to study Thai I believe runs about 30,000 baht per year plus 1,900 baht every 3 months for extensions of stay.

Hi Lopburi3!

If we were to do this, is it acceptable by the authority's to live together in CM, whilst we are both on a different visas??

Thank you!!!:D

Education to study Thai I believe runs about 30,000 baht per year plus 1,900 baht every 3 months for extensions of stay.

Hi Lopburi3!

If we were to do this, is it acceptable by the authority's to live together in CM, whilst we are both on a different visas??

No problems.

Hi Lopburi3!

No problems.

Thank you all for your advice, I think an Education Visa would be an easy way to go and also give her an interest while we are there.

I am sure I will have many questions for you all in weeks to come, at the moment we are exploring all the possibilities.

:thumbsup: Thank you!

It doesn't have to be Thai language, any study will do, as long as the course is recognised by the education department. Always check with the course if they can help her with the extension of stay, for most language schools that is no problem.

"Education to study Thai I believe runs about 30,000 baht per year plus 1,900 baht every 3 months for extensions of stay."

If she studies at a university, like CMU, can't she get an extension good for one year?

Yes, if it is a real university study, not a language course offered by Chiang Mai University. The costs for a university study will be higher of course.