Movies I Want To See

Garry

Working where I am, it is more pot-luck if I get to see a new release movie on the big screen and that generally happens when I am back home and visiting in Chiang Mai.

I've missed these two below, but I'm looking forward to seeing them on Blu-Ray HD when they are released on DVD

The Expendables & Predators

Anybody else have a current wish list?

I don't have a wish list. I just search for new stuff on the torrents and download whatever grabs my interest.

I admire your effort to broaden the scope of topics on the forum, however. I wish more people would volunteer subjects or hobbies they are interested in and offer to get together with others who might be interested in the same thing. You never know until you try.

We can do so much more than ask questions of questionable merit, sometimes, receive answers and then disappear without so much as a thank you. Think outside the box. Make a contribution. :)

• Like 2

I don't have a wish list. I just search for new stuff on the torrents and download whatever grabs my interest.

I admire your effort to broaden the scope of topics on the forum, however. I wish more people would volunteer subjects or hobbies they are interested in and offer to get together with others who might be interested in the same thing. You never know until you try.

We can do so much more than ask questions of questionable merit, sometimes, receive answers and then disappear without so much as a thank you. Think outside the box. Make a contribution. :)

For some, watching movies can be akin to a hobby but I get your point

B)

Edited by scorpio1945

The lady near the bus station will give you the price of 100 baht per movie if you buy ten or more. The wife recently coordinated that deal for me. I went ahead and paid her the thousand baht for ten right then. I couldn't find ten that I wanted at that time, so the lady said just stop in from time to time and keep getting the movies until I reached ten. I did and she always remembered how many I had left to choose to get to ten.

If you are a new customer to her shop. make sure she knows you live here and will be coming in again. The policies are a bit different for tourists in that shop.

Edited by kandahar

As they are in most Asian shops.

I've noticed her starting price is 200B but definitely negotiable, I think my neighbour, who knows her well, gets the 100B price, (I think there's two sisters there).

I usually pay 150B but I only get one or two on rare occasions, my needs in that field are mostly satisfied in a nearby country.

• Like 1

I've got an excellent Pacino movie I hadn't seen before, Carlito's Way.

I'll drop it in if you want it.

Thanks for the offer Scea but have seen it a few times.

Sean Penn was great in that as well.

However, when you get a copy of Namtan Daeng......you know

where I live :)

As they are in most Asian shops.

I've noticed her starting price is 200B but definitely negotiable, I think my neighbour, who knows her well, gets the 100B price, (I think there's two sisters there).

I usually pay 150B but I only get one or two on rare occasions, my needs in that field are mostly satisfied in a nearby country.

I started off paying 150 baht as well but after buying quite a few from her I now pay 100baht, she'll tell me if the quality is 100% or not and if I buy one that is bad she will happily exchange it. I've heard her quote 200baht to tourists as well and they'll happily pay it, her dvd's look the real deal and come in a quality case too.

Not bought any for a while though, used to get 1-2 every week but since my little girl arrived 3 months ago the only TV I watch now is the news, the early premiership game on a Sat night and Twist the Throttle

:violin:

The lady near the bus station will give you the price of 100 baht per movie if you buy ten or more. The wife recently coordinated that deal for me. I went ahead and paid her the thousand baht for ten right then. I couldn't find ten that I wanted at that time, so the lady said just stop in from time to time and keep getting the movies until I reached ten. I did and she always remembered how many I had left to choose to get to ten.

If you are a new customer to her shop. make sure she knows you live here and will be coming in again. The policies are a bit different for tourists in that shop.

New or old busstation?

The old one, the shop could be classed as in the lane leading to the Night Market.

I've been there on the odd occasion when shopping with my family and bought movies at good prices. Didn't even have to ask for the good price which was nice for a change.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched "The Man Who Would Be King".

Excellent under rated film about a couple of farang guys who arrive in places far and take over the country.

A member of the fair sex breaks the friendship and ruins the idyllic lifestyle. (Sounds familiar doesn't it?)

Sean Connery and Michael Caine in their prime.

Well worth watching out for.

Just watched "The Man Who Would Be King".

Excellent under rated film about a couple of farang guys who arrive in places far and take over the country.

A member of the fair sex breaks the friendship and ruins the idyllic lifestyle. (Sounds familiar doesn't it?)

Sean Connery and Michael Caine in their prime.

Well worth watching out for.

A classic. I have seen it over five times at least.

Almost as good as The Searchers?

You're talking seriously good movies now. B)

Edit: I watched "The Born Losers" last night. Definitely not a seriously good movie, some fairly ordinary acting but it defined a genre of biker movies to come.

Edited by sceadugenga

Watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night as a part of my project to educate my fiancee on classic movies. Still a great movie after all these years.

Previous entries in my education program. Harvey, Rear Window, It's a Wonderful Life, A Clockwork Orange, All That Jazz, Beatlejuice, Bonnie and Clyde, Cat Ballou, Groundhog Day, To Kill A Mockingbird and Fantasia.

Next up, I hope, is The Man Who Would Be King. Thanks Scea for the reminder.:)

Watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night as a part of my project to educate my fiancee on classic movies. Still a great movie after all these years.

Previous entries in my education program. Harvey, Rear Window, It's a Wonderful Life, A Clockwork Orange, All That Jazz, Beatlejuice, Bonnie and Clyde, Cat Ballou, Groundhog Day, To Kill A Mockingbird and Fantasia.

What no Deer Hunter .:huh:

What no Deer Hunter .:huh:

Great movie but she may not like and understand that one. She does not movies that are too real.B)

Butch and Sundance is a great movie.

I'm into obscure Aussie movies at the moment. Watched "Sunday Too Far Away" last week, "The Odd Angry Shot" yesterday.

Both are worth downloading, I doubt you'll find them on DVD.

Got "Age of Consent" to watch next.

Two Hands and Rabbit-Proof Fence are two of my favourite Aussie movies, not that obscure but still great.

Butch and Sundance is a great movie.

I'm into obscure Aussie movies at the moment. Watched "Sunday Too Far Away" last week, "The Odd Angry Shot" yesterday.

Both are worth downloading, I doubt you'll find them on DVD.

Got "Age of Consent" to watch next.

Two Hands and Rabbit-Proof Fence are two of my favourite Aussie movies, not that obscure but still great.

Thanks both. I am always looking for good foreign? movies I may have missed. May have to find subtitles though.