Girl Friend Or Her Dad

drum

i decided to trade our old car for a new car,has the g/f needs a reliable motor for work and visiting relatives,so we went to the local dealership brought a new car 3 weeks later the dealership phoned collect your car tomorrow,next morning having breakfast I'm thinking she dose not look to happy about collecting the new car and why has she not cleared her things out, (wait for it) darling my dad wants our old car,sure he can have it for the same cost has the dealership offered us for it,bt 27000, can you pay the extra money my dad not here now,no tell your dad to meet us at Honda and bring the money i don't have bt 27k on me,but he away on business will pay you back soon,anyway i paid, her brother came to our house to take the old car to her dads house,i ask why has your dad not come to collect it and say hello and things,,he has no truck now sold it a few months back said have problem with truck,,he only brought it 12 months ago strange,still not received the money every excuse not to pay, now I'm not sure if the dad thinks #### him I'm not paying him back,or if my g/f said dad I'm having a new car you can have the old one for free,i cant work out who is telling the truth,the g/f is a forthright person, and the dad and family from what i can gather are honest hard working,so whats going on,

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very generous of you but at 27,000b it doesn't sound like it was a top quality trade in anyway so instead you score points with the GF and the family. Tell her you'll take it out in trade and be creative if you get my drift. :P

In Thailand, family comes first. The sooner you realize that the better. Sounds like your girlfriend was under pressure from family to scam you. and, in Thailand, that is not considered wrong. Live and learn. Luckily, 27,000 baht is not a huge loss and a fairly cheap lesson. What doesn't kill or maim us makes us stronger and wiser.

• Like 2

I don`t know what sort of nick your girlfriend is in, but if she is in reasonable condition, the body work still looks good and not had too many previous owners, why don`t you trade her in for a new car?

The car would be much cheaper in the long run and a better ride if you don`t flog it too hard.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I don`t know what sort of nick your girlfriend is in, but if she is in reasonable condition, the body work still looks good and not had too many previous owners, why don`t you trade her in for a new car?

The car would be much cheaper in the long run and a better ride if you don`t flog it too hard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me of some e-mails I received with pictures of hot cars and hot babes. It was a choice of which to choose.. one or the other. In either case the results are the same... crash and burn.

In Thailand, family comes first. The sooner you realize that the better. Sounds like your girlfriend was under pressure from family to scam you. and, in Thailand, that is not considered wrong. Live and learn. Luckily, 27,000 baht is not a huge loss and a fairly cheap lesson. What doesn't kill or maim us makes us stronger and wiser.

what a crock of BS... the G/F knows very dam_n well that if she scams her BF that is wrong... asking for a temporary loan for a car and not paying back is wrong and they probably know that very dam_n well some people here talk like thai people are like monkeys or from another planet...

like i said... bad sign ! if my girl pulls a stunt like this she better be looking for a new place.. either ask for the money and be honest or dont how can u trust someone who tricks her own BF blink.gif

• Like 1

what a crock of BS... the G/F knows very dam_n well that if she scams her BF that is wrong... asking for a temporary loan for a car and not paying back is wrong and they probably know that very dam_n well some people here talk like thai people are like monkeys or from another planet...

like i said... bad sign ! if my girl pulls a stunt like this she better be looking for a new place.. either ask for the money and be honest or dont how can u trust someone who tricks her own BF blink.gif

No, it is NOT BS. It is the Thai way of thinking. The girlfriend was caught between helping her family and hoping the OP would go along with it. She was hoping that everything would work out, but had no idea how it would. As I've said many times, it is a Buddhist way of thinking. Poor Thais have no concept of time or payment. They live in the now and don't consider the future. Buddha is supposed to take care of that.

• Like 2

When you want to trade the new one in a while give me a yell . . . .jap.gif

Nail on the head ..mate.....and for the OP, just tell your g/f and family you know a ki gong when you see one(even if you dont, obviousilllly!!!), get all the kit you want to keep for yourself out and then hit her with, i want it back or YOU go....lesson learned....

mate, if you have to air your dirty laundry on a puplic forum I think you have a problem. if you do not trust your girlfriend then may I sugest that you finish with her? how do you think she would feel if she was to stumble across this post?

How would you feel?

I always say, If you feel it aint right, then it aint right.

• Like 2

it was actually 270.000 bt trade in price,not 27000, well i suppose i am washing laundry in public, i just find it difficult to understand how women Thai women go down this road of deceit for what ever reason, my g/f wants for nothing educated good job committed to the company she works for, her family are not poor farmers they run successful business's rent out several properties so i think its not about the money for her family, after almost 6 years together she nows only to well i will not stand for any under handedness in any shape or form, its why i washing my laundry here maybe somebody can help me and others to understand why these acts of deceit go on,( that is somebody who is wise in the ways of thai family and not just a one line joker)

i hate to admit it to my self, the more i think about it the more i think the g/f has made a bad error of judgment in only trying to help out her family in some way,or even boasting,I'm having a new car ,you can have my old car,

it was actually 270.000 bt trade in price,not 27000, well i suppose i am washing laundry in public, i just find it difficult to understand how women Thai women go down this road of deceit for what ever reason, my g/f wants for nothing educated good job committed to the company she works for, her family are not poor farmers they run successful business's rent out several properties so i think its not about the money for her family, after almost 6 years together she nows only to well i will not stand for any under handedness in any shape or form, its why i washing my laundry here maybe somebody can help me and others to understand why these acts of deceit go on,( that is somebody who is wise in the ways of thai family and not just a one line joker)

i hate to admit it to my self, the more i think about it the more i think the g/f has made a bad error of judgment in only trying to help out her family in some way,or even boasting,I'm having a new car ,you can have my old car,

If I may point out you errors in thinking.

1) Thai lady only thinks of today, today she can get a 270,000bht car for nothing, tomorrow you might leave, but if you lease she still has 270,000bht (5 years wages)

2) I must assume the car was in her name (as you haven't mentioned all the paperwork) so it was already her car, to do with what she will.

3) Thai lady think what most important to me? answer a) parents, B) children, c) pets, d) village, e) former Thai bfs, f) foreign bf (or something like that)

If you think the relationship is worth 270k you stay with her, if you think it isn't, you leave.

The Thai ladies always assume that tomorrow you will leave, this is what they learn from prior experience and all their friends, I don't think you can ever change this. My concern for you now is ........ whose name is the new car in?

And finally (to make you feel better a little story about my MIL I found out this week)

In the village a few years back my mother in law was given some land (by her husband). Neither of them could read or write so they got their daughter (not my wife) to fill in all the paperwork for them, whose name did she put down as the new owner .... her own of course, stole the land from her own mother.

As Mulder says "Trust No One"

Edited by sarahsbloke

You can now look forward to paying for the insurance-policy & tax, on your old car, as a bonus-gift ! :)

Seriously, just accept it & move-on, the OP ought to have seen this coming, you are expected to 'help' your 'new' family, and show how generous you are. Or consider whether it's time to 'trade-in' your girlfriend too, for a new model ? B)

• Like 1

maybe he should give his girlfriend to HIS father.

You spend 27k on a car for the GFs dad? It's family for crying out loud, why are you being so cheap?

I tell you what; call her old man, first apologize and then tell him you're buying him some decent wheels next week.

Edited by Forethat

I reckon the trouble is that you did not explain your plans adequately to your girlfriend, and did not listen to any hints she might have been making along the way.

Presumably her father could not put his hands on quarter of a million at the drop of a hat, and had not had time to plan how he was going to find that sort of money - presumably he had never had a chance to comment on whether he could afford that or not...it sounds like a piece of poor planning and inadequate communication all round, but quite possibly a perfectly honest mistake, that no-one will admit to because it would result in loss of face.

I am going through a similar thing with my dear old mother at the moment...

SC