Tony'S House Of Sausage Rip

DavidOxon

Poor location

on main road near traffic lights .

No parking

Two of the main reasons that you would not pick those premises in the uk .

plus the building work would finish you off completely

A lot of businesses in Chiang Mai pick really poor locations for some reason....locations they would never give a second look back home. Do you think there is a certain way of thinking, i.e. "I'm providing a farang service, so they will come to me wherever I am?"

Perhaps the poor locations mean cheaper rents.....but what's the good of that if you have to close down?

Poor location

No parking

A lot of businesses in Chiang Mai pick really poor locations for some reason....locations they would never give a second look back home. Do you think there is a certain way of thinking, i.e. "I'm providing a farang service, so they will come to me wherever I am?"

Perhaps the poor locations mean cheaper rents.....but what's the good of that if you have to close down?

I agree with that no point whatsoever.A lot of stress, and money wasted

I'm sorry - it wasn't just the location... The menu was appallingly basic (with weird - not imaginative, weird options) and didn't include a single breakfast meal option that either me or the mate I went for breakfast with fancied eating. That's got to be odd for somewhere with giant signs proclaiming All Day Breakfast!

We walked in, sat down, looked at the menu for a few minutes and left - embarrassed (for them) to find nothing we wanted to eat! They really never had a chance with that menu. I was wondering how long they planned to lose money for before closing. With a decent menu they had a genuine chance - not much competition this side of town!

The farang half of the equation was there but never even asked us what was wrong, why we were leaving, etc.

The people with that business had as much chance of success as me offering a pussy polishing service in Chiang Mai (and I like cats :ph34r:)

I'm sorry - it wasn't just the location... The menu was appallingly basic (with weird - not imaginative, weird options) and didn't include a single breakfast meal option that either me or the mate I went for breakfast with fancied eating. That's got to be odd for somewhere with giant signs proclaiming All Day Breakfast!

We walked in, sat down, looked at the menu for a few minutes and left - embarrassed (for them) to find nothing we wanted to eat! They really never had a chance with that menu. I was wondering how long they planned to lose money for before closing. With a decent menu they had a genuine chance - not much competition this side of town!

The farang half of the equation was there but never even asked us what was wrong, why we were leaving, etc.

The people with that business had as much chance of success as me offering a pussy polishing service in Chiang Mai (and I like cats :ph34r:)

Did you think of asking the "farang half of the equation" for what you wanted or explained what YOU thought was wrong with the menu? There may have been reasons why he did not realize/notice/understand etc that you preferred a pussy polishing service!

I take it that pussy polishing was not on the menu.

Did you think of asking the "farang half of the equation" for what you wanted or explained what YOU thought was wrong with the menu?

Do you really go around from business to business offering people advice on what they should be doing better? I only went to Tony's for breakfast, not to offer business advice... Not my job!

We have used 'Tonys', but the problem we allways found was that they either didnt have the sausages we wanted, or not enough. We tend to buy a few kilos and keep them in the freezer. They allways seemed to be running on too low stock and on many occasions we would leave without buying any.

Iain

Did you think of asking the "farang half of the equation" for what you wanted or explained what YOU thought was wrong with the menu? There may have been reasons why he did not realize/notice/understand etc that you preferred a pussy polishing service!

I take it that pussy polishing was not on the menu.

Why is it you think it is down to the customer to point out where the menu is wrong. If a friend was opening a restaurant I would give his menu the once over and offer my opinion. As a customer in a place I don't know I wouldn't dream of it. If the Farang part hasn't taken the time to look at his own menu and try to see it from a customers point of view or run it by some friends for their point of view then he deserves to fail. Sorry if that comes across as harsh but there are far too many mediocre places these days with the Farang part not giving a toss about things business wise.

Edited by H2oDunc

Poor location

No parking

Similar comments, location was just not going to hack it and unfortunately that has happened.

Tuskers, never been there so cannot comment. Seems to have satisfied clientele according to posts I have read.

Edited by sbk
off topic edited out

If anyone knows "Tony" and if he is getting out of the business, I wouldn't mind buying some his equipment

There's a sign up outside about a fridge for sale.

His missus is up the duff

which might be a contributing factor

David

His missus is up the duff.....

How do you explain in American English what up the duff means ? I can guess at about three main ideas, all of them quite entertaining.

And as far as offering advice or opinions to shop owners on their products n services.... I think it's a case by case thing, and also up to what kind of day I'm having. I've deff been in a place or two where it's like they don't care, and so I don't care either - let them enjoy their sinking ship. Then other places which are popular CM haunts for food and goods that seem to have owners willing and more-than-ready to learn from input and cater to their local clientele - they're stars. I give them support. That includes telling them when they blow it and need to do better next time. And how they take that input is also likely to determine my future patronage when I do take the time to suggest my own humble opinion. When I used to work in restaurants, as a manager I tried to make every customer's day and leave them satisfied with their experience. That kind of touch breeds loyalty.

If anyone knows "Tony" and if he is getting out of the business, I wouldn't mind buying some his equipment

youre the guy in the next bed aren't you?

sorry sir, the bad news is you've been in an accident and we had to amputate your legs. the good news is the guy in the next bed wants to buy your slippers.

youre the guy in the next bed aren't you?

sorry sir, the bad news is you've been in an accident and we had to amputate your legs. the good news is the guy in the next bed wants to buy your slippers.

The slippers would not be of any use to you any more ,so i think the same goes for the equipment .good business.

Edited by fcgprg