Frenchman Tried For Sexual Assault On 10 Thai Children

webfact

Frenchman tried for raping 10 Thai children

PARIS, September 6, 2010 (AFP) -- A 61-year-old Frenchman appeared in a Paris court Monday charged with raping or sexually assaulting ten Thai girls aged between six and 11.

Jean-Claude Chamoux was arrested after police burst into his hotel room in the Thai resort of Pattaya in 2005 just after he raped an eight-year-old girl to whose mother he had paid 20 euros (26 dollars), court documents alleged.

He was detained but later released on bail and illegally left the country to return to his home in Paris where French police arrested him in June 2006.

The Paris trial that began Monday behind closed doors is also examining charges that he sexually assaulted two French girls aged three and four.

Those were the original charges against Chamoux but he is also being tried for the alleged offences in Thailand after relatives of the Thai girls decided to take a civil case against him here.

The accused has admitted to carrying out some of the acts of which he is accused, but told investigators he had never had the impression he was forcing the girls to comply with his wishes, the charge sheet alleges.

A verdict was expected Friday.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2010-09-06

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General warning - Please read before you post

We have decided to let this topic stay open for serious and civil discussion.

We will not tolerate:

- hang 'em high posts

- flames, racist comments or insults

Be aware the person mentioned in this article is innocent until proven guilty by the French court of law.

If posters cannot follow these restrictions then the topic will be closed immediately and all members in violation of these restrictions will earn an immediate suspension.

Thank you for your cooperation

Thaivisa Admin

I wonder if the relevant local authorities waited long enough to let him rape the girl before they burst in.....better evidence that way. Also then a huge bail could be requested, which they knew was as good as theirs because he would run away. I'm sure it bought the right people here some nice luxury items.

Along with the cretin, I do hope the mother as well was incarcerated and any other children who she may have were put up for adoption to families who actually care for kids. Shame on him and shame on her!

At any rate, he is in the right court of law now, where he has little chance to buy his way out of his crimes. Providing he is found guilty, may he be locked up for a long long time, at least for the rest of this life.

Edited by tominbkk
  • Like 2

I wonder if the relevant local authorities waited long enough to let him rape the girl before they burst in.....better evidence that way. Also then a huge bail could be requested, which they knew was as good as theirs because he would run away. I'm sure it bought the right people here some nice luxury items.

Along with the cretin, I do hope the mother as well was incarcerated and any other children who she may have were put up for adoption to families who actually care for kids. Shame on him and shame on her!

At any rate, he is in the right court of law now, where he has little chance to buy his way out of his crimes. Providing he is found guilty, may he be locked up for a long long time, at least for the rest of this life.

I agree 300% with Tom

• Like 1

even in the french prison, his life will be extremely difficult

Unfortunately not . I'm french and I can tell you they put all the wicked rapists together in the same jails.

So, he will not have anyone to give him hard times (to be polite !)

Edited by xtof2
  • Like 1

sorry i must be mistaken. I read that he gave the mother some money. Now the mother wants to take cival action. how does that work ? sell your kid. the have the person arrested after the kid has been assaulted.

i am not sure what sickens me more. the mother or the rapist. or both ???

• Like 1

It would be interesting to read your explanation as to how he could be locked up for longer than the rest of his life.

I'm not the only one thinking about the quality of parenting shown by those that rented out their children.

Are they being pursued at all?

That's the actual problem ! They probably won't be pursued at all.

One of my close relatives has friends whose 4 year old daughter was raped by her 56 year old teacher. A lot of noise and waves where made but at the end the parents walked away with 50.000 THB, the teacher received a warning and the child is left scared for the rest of her life.

As long as people don't get an education and some moral values, these things will happen over and over again.

The pink sunglasses came of a long time ago, a human life means nothing in Thailand, neither does someones feelings...

TIT, money is the only value that matters, no matter the consequences.

Sad but true.

• Like 1

Anyway this man is a criminal and he should be punished severely.

And the mother? To sell one's children is not a crime?

What a mad world...

A golden key can open any door.

the only thing that might have happened is that he was arrested and tried to buy his way out o the thai jail by paying the mother to drop the charges but i think if that was true she would have asked for more than 26 euros. bas subject because all we know is what we are told but if it is 100 per cent true then that mother should be standing net too him in the dock,

for all we know maybe he tricked the simple mother and gave her money and told her he was going to take her kid out on a trip. suppose i will never know because it was an exchange of words so unless she confessed or it was recorded then it is all hear say.

Edited by BigC

It would be interesting to read your explanation as to how he could be locked up for longer than the rest of his life.

Go back to sleep ! blink.gif

That guy def has mental disorder of sexual preference, fetish. He really sickens me. As for the mother, I do feel really sorry for those who are poor, but...... sell her own daughter???? A kid??? Have no idea how people like that can live with themselves..... really hope people like that deserve to be punished & I'm sure they will, Gotta belive in Karma, it might come late, but it arrives eventually!

sorry i must be mistaken. I read that he gave the mother some money. Now the mother wants to take cival action. how does that work ? sell your kid. the have the person arrested after the kid has been assaulted.

Jean-Claude Chamoux was arrested after police burst into his hotel room in the Thai resort of Pattaya in 2005 just after he raped an eight-year-old girl

I discovered Chamoux's original arrest was a thread here also:

80532945.jpg

Frenchman Held For Raping 8-year-old Girl

• Like 1

Unlike English Law where there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, in France, the accused is presumed Guilty until proven innocent. <BR><BR>This is a shocking situation where the Parents of Thai Children are prepared to expose them to such perversion for sake of money. No degree of poverty can justify this and those who setup these crimes should be subject to the full force of the law.

• Like 1

What I don't get is how did he got bail in Thailand to run away in the first place. ph34r.gif

It's quite simple.

The mother sold the daughter and then changed her mind. So - possible complicated court case betwen Thai and farang.

I know - lets set a high bail, let him go and then he does a runner, we keep the money and the problem goes away! :annoyed:

When I ask Thai's about situations like this the tell me "you do not understand the financial situation these people are in" While i understand that most westerners have no real understanding of the poverty that many Thai's live with it still makes me wonder at the effect and cost this has on the Thai society as a whole.

• Like 1

The report above didn't say the girls mother reported it, it said relatives. Father or grandparent/aunt/uncle/older sibling/etc perhaps?

Thailand does arrest Thais that diddle kids too - I know of a neighbour to my wife when she was younger (this was on a naval base) that gave his wife and 11 year old daughter HiV he cought from prostitutes. Apparantly he went whoring all the time and came back and did his wife - if she was not compliant/available he did his daughter instead. The family (well mother and daughter anyway) came to our wedding, but no one knew about it back then. A year later the girl was diagnosed with HiV and it all came out. He was arrested and ended up in BKK Hilton - not sure what happened to him there, but someone told me that they believe he died there (some one else told me they think he was out, but moved away from BKK). The mother and daughter had to move off base following his arrest and disappeared too.

How can it be pertinent that the girls didn't seem to object - it is rape regardless. Lets just hope that any sicko b******d that diddle kids gets what they deserve.

• Like 1

"Jean-Claude Chamoux was arrested after police burst into his hotel room in the Thai resort of Pattaya in 2005 just after he raped an eight-year-old girl to whose mother he had paid 20 euros (26 dollars), court documents alleged." AFP

This is not acceptable. This is not the act of a human. If I say more, I will be banned forever.

• Like 1