Newly Married

Sorry guys, I know this must be some where in the forum, but having trouble searching for it. Will be newly married next month in Thailand, I won't be here long as I have to go back to the states to work and will return in the spring time.

Questions 1: What is the best type of visa to have as I wont be in the country for more that 90 days at a time (multiply entry)

Questions 2: I work in the scuba instructor industry, thinking about attaining a work permit when I return in spring, this sounds like a pain, but is it easier

for a person who is married to a Thai National to attain a work permit, any thoughts would be great.

Many thanks and maybe guide me through the forum!

I can give you the name of an Underwater Services and Inspections, Survey Pictures and Video reports, Maritime services, Pilot and navigations services company that a Thai friend owns here, but I do not know if he has the cash in the bank to help you get a work permit, although he does have more than four Thai employees. This is a legitimate company and professional, He is a professional diver himself but sometimes contracts out if he does not have all the equipment needed for the job. When you have surely decided on what to do, if you send me a private message with your email, I will adivse my friend that you may be seeking employment here and ask him if he could use and experienced diver.

I will let lopburi answer the rest of your questions.

Edited by Colabamumbai

First of all, "Good luck"!! :)

And then, the basic answer to your question is "No".

A more extended one would be, that

• married (or not) help to learn thai, which is obviously a good help to find a job, not a work permit.
  • married (only) would reduce the minimum capital and/or the number of employees if you decide to start your own company, which could provide your own work permit.
  • married (only again) will mean that could have an extension of stay by being "married", not being "working". A lot less trouble also.

First of all, "Good luck"!! :)

And then, the basic answer to your question is "No".

A more extended one would be, that

• married (or not) help to learn thai, which is obviously a good help to find a job, not a work permit.
  • married (only) would reduce the minimum capital and/or the number of employees if you decide to start your own company, which could provide your own work permit.
  • married (only again) will mean that could have an extension of stay by being "married", not being "working". A lot less trouble also.

And being married may cause you a lot more problems than you think you may have now. Take a Thai language course as suggested above. it was the first think that I did thinking of living in Thailand, and started studying free online months before I started at the school here. Most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan.