Uk Family Visitor Visa

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am in england currently, having left my wife in thailand. I am unable to go back to thailand for a while and would like my wife to come to visit me in the uk for a few months. I am currently studying and living at my family home if this makes a difference. I was wondering what i needed in terms of documents to support the visa. Is the family visa the correct one for a wife to come visit on? if anyone has any experience in this department i would really appreciate the help

If your marriage is registered, that is registered at an amphur in Thailand, then she will be treated as your wife as the marriage is recognised as legal, and this is a family visit. If your marriage was a Buddhist ceremony only and not registered at an amphur, then for visas purposes she is not legally recognised as your wife, and this is not a family visit. I'm assuming that you married in Thailand ?

There are numerous posts here in the forum on the documents required for an application for a visit visa. If you would like any further assistance then you can contact us through our profile page here or through our website.

thank u for the clarification, we did have a legal marriage in thailand at the ampher. I will go for the family visitor then, and i will look at older posts. If i become stuck i may contact u further. Though at the same time should anyone have anything to add all advice is appreciated.