Nokia Phone Service

johninbkk

My phone died after another accidental swim in the pool. Nokia Service centre (on sukhumvit Rd. Pattaya) charges Baht 200 compulsory just for the inspection, I thought no problem as I don't want an unqualified service person playing with my expensive phone, anyhow they didn't bother calling my back, as they said they would, so after 3 days I called in to check, the service person said it would be too expensive to repair, by a new one, replacement cost, around Baht 15,000. Hmm I thought I'd just give it a go at IT centre south Pattaya, 15 minutes later a new board and ONLY 580 baht, my phone now works better than ever. Moral of the story, check around and forget Nokia service centre.

Bye

same sort of thing took my lg to the lg aircon place and got sent to the lg phone service place who couldnt fix it cos they couldnt understand english on the phone

can you believe it -this is because we -----------the brits----------didnt colonise thailand spose its too late now mcdonalds is here

I have had nothing but superb service with Nokia care, they have serviced and repaired all my phones over the years, case in point, I dropped my N97 and cracked the screen (3rd screen, 2 already died and replaced free with no service charged) so I took it in there and as it was looking a bit tattered I asked about a full refurb off all the plastics whilst they had it apart to replace the screen, I also got them to fit a new camera (scratched lens) and speakers.

Total cost came to 1700b (everything except the plastics was done under warranty).

I find them to be very efficient and friendly, and well priced for genuine parts, in fact my mates back home send me their phones to have them repaired out here due to the genuine parts being a truckload cheaper.

Edited by Spoonman