Yet Another "Neighbour" Problem

Marvo

Man o man, what a wild thread. Between the personal insults / threats between members and the variety of advise, forums don't get much more entertaining (in a bit of a perverse way, unfortunately).

IMHO the most sensible advise is to not retaliate (immediately, anyway). This will surely escalate into something very unpleasant and perhaps even tragic in the end.

I favour the idea of bringing a BIB connection into the picture. At the very least, this would send the message that the perpetrator's actions are not being taken lightly, and may scare him enough to settle him down and not vandalize your car or any of your property again.

However, if some sort of retaliation is the preference, I would be tempted to abandon the parking space and instead buy some horrible old piece of sh*t car to park there 24/7 -- one that is very old and ugly. This way he can scratch it as much as he likes while it drives him crazy. Park it there in the middle of the night, and when he asks about it, the OP should just say, "Must look after house." repeatedly or some similar drivel. In essence, this will become his new lawn ornament and will most certainly send him to the loony bin. I'm sure the OP can find some awful old near-wreck for very little money that should suit the purpose very well.

Edited by Beacher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never, ever advise you hire someone from your wife's village to purchase a cheap 20,000 baht barely running truck, cut the brake lines, drive it straight at his house over the top of his beautiful plants, and have the driver bail out at the last minute and do a runner.

Oh sure, he can try and hold a poor rural farmer responsible. That'll work wonders won't it. Then, simply walk over to the scene of the accident with a big grin on your face and say, "Wow....you do a pretty bad job of taking care of your plants. Would you fix that because you're destroying the property values throughout the whole moobahn."

But again, don't do that because that would be wrong.

However, if some sort of retaliation is the preference, I would be tempted to abandon the parking space and instead buy some horrible old piece of sh*t car to park there 24/7 -- one that is very old and ugly. This way he can scratch it as much as he likes while it drives him crazy. Park it there in the middle of the night, and when he asks about it, the OP should just say, "Must look after house." repeatedly or some similar drivel. In essence, this will become his new lawn ornament and will most certainly send him to the loony bin. I'm sure the OP can find some awful old near-wreck for very little money that should suit the purpose very well.

Love the idea...literally get it towed to in front of his house from the junk yard. Wait for him to get really blasé about beating the shit out of it. And while he in a rage beating the shit out of it (with a baseball bat or something) call the cops and claim is was brand new before he got to it.

Love the idea...literally get it towed to in front of his house from the junk yard. Wait for him to get really blasé about beating the shit out of it. And while he in a rage beating the shit out of it (with a baseball bat or something) call the cops and claim is was brand new before he got to it.

Better yet, embed a hidden camera in the car so you can film him while he is doing it. Make sure the camera has good night vision. It's a good idea actually. It's very subtle, but something like that will definitely piss him off. But I would make sure it was registered in someone else's name. Remember, the OP also wants to avoid retaliation.

Plausible deniability. That is the key here. The OP needs to be able to commiserate with the Belgian about "those terrible people" who park here. And then go home and laugh.

Sit down and talk with him before you go crazy. Are you scared to talk to him? Is he a bully?

Actually, that is the best solution yet. However, don't even mention the "incident" about the vandalism. If the neighbour enjoys gardening then just go over with a few pot plants and ask his advice in how to plant them. People usually enjoy other asking adivice on something they are proud of.

Years ago when I used to hunt more often than I do now I would go up to some farmer whose property was fenced, gated and posted. I would talk about livestock, the weather and my love of the country. Most often it wasn't long before I had access to his property. Being openly friendly opens far more doors than hostility.

• Like 1

lol flowerman you have tried so hard to type broken English but you've ended up sounding like Arnold Schwarzenegger, nice try though.

Ya buTT he's still pretty funny. Thankyou for the entertainment.

The thread is anything BUT amusing. Such an avoidable situation. Its sad type of human being that just resorts to damaging someone elses car for no reason, assuming it was a random incident.

If it is the case that one of the residents there was objecting to where the OP Parked then normal person would just try and discuss the issue before resorting to this sort of thing.

Its not so funny to damage or destroy other peoples things.

Thailand seems to attract its fair share of WACKO farangs from all around the world. :bah:

Hes someone pretending to be another character and talking like an idiot, its funny. When did you get so sensitive to trolls? lol

Sit down and talk with him before you go crazy. Are you scared to talk to him? Is he a bully?

Actually, that is the best solution yet. However, don't even mention the "incident" about the vandalism. If the neighbour enjoys gardening then just go over with a few pot plants and ask his advice in how to plant them. People usually enjoy other asking adivice on something they are proud of.

Years ago when I used to hunt more often than I do now I would go up to some farmer whose property was fenced, gated and posted. I would talk about livestock, the weather and my love of the country. Most often it wasn't long before I had access to his property. Being openly friendly opens far more doors than hostility.

Ian i agree and disagree.

Sure i always start off friendly and it has helped me a lot. However in this case the guy has already did something bad and unless he amends that i would not be so happy to speak with him. (that is if this guy really vandalized the other guys car.)

Couldn't be bothered to read everything so don't know if it has already been suggested before. You said his flower bed was actually on the road. If this is a private mooban, tell the mooban committee that the flower bed needs moving as it is on common property. If it is not a private mooban, then report it to the local authorities. It won't make you any friends, but you may feel a bit happier. Also, as removal is official, he can't exactly take it out on you can he?