Maddog Bar And Restaurant

Blinky Bill

Over the past month or so, Nick and his team have reworked the menu and made some changes in the kitchen which, in my opinion has improved the flavour and quality of what was already a good quality product.

This thread is merely to mention the quality of the food at the well established venue and not to provoke any personal attacks on the fine staff that work there.

And speaking of fine staff, I dropped by the Red Lion for a few beers with a friend last night. I was very happy to see that the lovely Rose has returned after some years at O'Malley's. The service there was, as always, impeccable and with plenty of smiles.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is it though? Not seen it on my passages through the town...

D

Its on Mun Mueang which is on the east side of the old city just to the south of where Loi Khro intersects with the moat. Or directly across from DK bock store.

Edited by gotlost

IMHO Mad Dog for the price has always had the best British breakfast in town. The rest of their food has always been up there.:thumbsup:

..I would beg to differ..PUN PUN's "Superman Breakfast" is by far the best in Thailand (if not the Universe) for quality and size, includes toast, butter, jam, OJ and coffee + a generous TV discount. A pity more of you didn't go there and support Gonzo as he is not on the regular tourist beat.

Edited by rodcourt49

IMHO Mad Dog for the price has always had the best British breakfast in town. The rest of their food has always been up there.:thumbsup:

..I would beg to differ..PUN PUN's "Superman Breakfast" is by far the best in Thailand (if not the Universe) for quality and size, includes toast, butter, jam, OJ and coffee + a generous TV discount. A pity more of you didn't go there and support Gonzo as he is not on the regular tourist beat.

He refers to a British breakfast which would include tea rather than coffee. American breakfasts tend to include coffee and are very different to British breakfasts.

Iain

Thank you Mr. Rod for your kind words, and as always, all good words are greatly appreciated.

Have only heard the finest being said about Nick and the Mad Dog over the years. He is good competition and has always been a gentleman.

....and as the man said, British Breakfast and American Breakfast make for different strokes for different folks.

....but as my ole pappy used to say, " in the end it all comes out the same".

Good luck , Nick, with the new modifications.

Gonzo

Edited by ThePunPun
  • Like 2

Yep, I agree about their breakfasts - very good value for money.

I find that Mad Dog is an OK bar for food or drink at any time of the day.

Where is it though? Not seen it on my passages through the town...

D

Its on Mun Mueang which is on the east side of the old city just to the south of where Loi Khro intersects with the moat. Or directly across from DK bock store.

post-24617-066846800 1284309854_thumb.jp

Hey BB, I always wondered who he originally got that XL stool for. :whistling:

use to think it was the best,till i tried the olde bell,nicer pub, nicer breakie,nicer price.

I seem to recall that The Olde Belle came way down in a TV best breakfast poll, won by Mad Dog.

Another vote for the Maddog brekkie - fills you until the evening.

I also had the fortune to pop into Pun Pun for lunch the other day and had their meatloaf & mash - fantastic.

Another place worthy of a quick mention is Downunder Roo Bar on Ratchmanka opposite the Tiger Bar. They do a BBQ and their sausages and rissoles at 20b a pop are a tasty bargain.

Cheers,

Pikey.

I used to go into town to eat the brekkie at mad dog which is great, but since Pratties opened I never bother going in to town, the best brekkie in CM without a doubt in my opinion anyway is Pratties.

I am the same as you as Pratties is closer to my home as l avoid going into town some times. Charlie and his wife do not open the restaurant on Mondays so had breakfast at Mad Dogs today Still good value and a new menu

Another nice addition to the Maddog is the photo gallery. Nick has found and framed many pictures of old Chiang Mai and Thailand and mounted them throughout the establishment. Well worth a look.

I have no financial interest in the Maddog apart from spending a fair bit of money there.

use to think it was the best,till i tried the olde bell,nicer pub, nicer breakie,nicer price.

I seem to recall that The Olde Belle came way down in a TV best breakfast poll, won by Mad Dog.

I stopped going to the Old Bell for breakfast (which was outstanding) as their full Monty was over the top on price at 320 baht.

I stopped going to the Old Bell for breakfast (which was outstanding) as their full Monty was over the top on price at 320 baht.

Did that include wine?

I don't get there often.... not my regular watering hole. But I have to give a nod to the eats over at Mad Dog. A mighty respectable pizza. And also good pies. I even watched the ladies dicing up meat and vegetables to go into them one day.... clearly they were trained by a Farang who wanted his food at his place to be prepared with care and an authentic touch. They do a right-good job !

Did that include wine?

No but it did include coffee and orange juice, no tip.

At 320 Baht, you'd be better to put off breakfast and have an all you can eat buffet lunch (for 2) at one of the many places in town.

Edited by uptheos