Successful Relationships With Thai Girlfriend/Wife

cityboy

I have known my wife for 17 years and we have been married for the last 10 of them.

Our son is now 6 and the apple of my eye.

We have our ups and downs but mostly life goes on much as it does in other marriages in other countries.

I never tried to hide much and we had to wait until I got divorced before we could marry.

We have joint bank accounts and back in the days when I had them she had credit cards on my accounts as well.

Will the marriage last until one of us dies?

I don't know but I hope so as I want to see my son graduate from college or university.

I am 66 and she is 45 which oddly enough is only 6 years less difference than my Mum and Dad while they were married and they married in 1924.

Edited by billd766

These stories (of relationships that work) are nice to see and are a refreshing change from the cynicism that breeds here. I am sure it is lurking in the shadows as I type this so that others can bring you down to their level of failed relationships, regret and bitterness.

ianwuk

I think this might be a case of separating the reality from the fiction, the latter stories coming from "holiday" romances versus any long term and permanent relationships, makes me think that perhaps the current recession is not all that bad in some respects, perhaps this is what Thailand had in mind when they said they wanted a better class of tourist, ouch!