Fortuner Sportivo 111

fredob43

Couple of pictures showing external of car in a better quality Photo, plus hopefully showing colour of wheels, you can see in the thumbnail pictures the white next to the wheel showing much darker than silver.

Now for a visit to Car parts shop for a few little bits and pieces, More Pictures Later, will also at some point get the spare off and look at that.

Also still looking at sorting the Thai Map on the Sat Nav software, apart from that all seems good so far.

post-14647-022273600 1287295592_thumb.jp

post-14647-020685300 1287295614_thumb.jp

post-14647-083804900 1287295629_thumb.jp

post-14647-077875900 1287295643_thumb.jp

Edited by pattayapip

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a Brief update, I still think this is much softer than my old Smart, not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing right now, I remain pleased with it, have not sorted the Thai Map software out yet as no one in the Dealership who appears to know anything is there when i go ?? Seems so simple to me, SD card swap for English Software version easy ?

Being white it picks up new Tarmac spots much too easily !!!

Toyota Pattaya Main Dealer said this was the first and only one they had for this Month but at a Seafood Place last night out at NaJomtien another one was parked next to me :rolleyes: Such is Life :):D

Tried to burn some MP3 DVDs for the DVD unit failing miserably each time until i found out that whatever the size, the maximum number of files it will recognise is 255, and you can fit that on an ordinary CD :) Burnt some Music Vids and they play fine, even when you are driving !!! :D

Still not dropped the spare wheel yet but from previous posts they seem to have the right info.

I have fitted a few Minor bits to the car Trim, such as Door Handle covers, Light Covers, Fog Light Covers, Fuel Flap Cover and Air Intake Cover, plus a couple of bits for the side Indicators to make it appear it has vents somewhat like the Range Rover :D I dont think too much and fairly pleased again.

I have had both High and Low Beam converted to HID and the light intensity is Great, much whiter and brighter, no one seems to flash so cant be too high on the dipped setting, although would think it would melt oncoming traffic on the high beam setting !! There is a very slight delay when switching to Full beam and them attaining full intensity, that peaves me a little but i guess is Bearable.

Lastly, i upgraded the Horn, i always do this as standard is just too weak :) BUT, i think i may have overdone it a bit and it might cause accidents on Bikes due to how loud it is :whistling: Just look at the original and the replacements :D

Have done very little driving in it to give a better report, and away back to work on Thursday, so that will have to wait, but apart from being a softer set up than my previous smart, and the little extras inside, cannot think for a moment there will be anything to tell that a million people do not know already :D

Couple of Pictures as it is today, Cheers for now.

post-14647-067501100 1287483694_thumb.jp

post-14647-084971600 1287483709_thumb.jp

post-14647-036220400 1287483720_thumb.jp

post-14647-024796700 1287483732_thumb.jp

post-14647-059811700 1287483742_thumb.jp

post-14647-075148600 1287483753_thumb.jp

Hi all , many thanks for the info, yesterday made an order, they promised to deliver within 2 months. I have a few questions: I want to put the back of the camera and roof monitor . What models to pose and how much will it cost me, thanks.

Hi all , many thanks for the info, yesterday made an order, they promised to deliver within 2 months. I have a few questions: I want to put the back of the camera and roof monitor . What models to pose and how much will it cost me, thanks.

Just out of interest, where did you place your order? I ordered mine on 23rd september at the Tha Thong dealership just outside Surat thani and was told 4 months! I am 13th in line.

Just out of interest, where did you place your order? I ordered mine on 23rd september at the Tha Thong dealership just outside Surat thani and was told 4 months! I am 13th in line.

I made an order dealer in Bangkok rama 3 Bangklo

<div>I place ordered on 5th OCT and will get on January 2011. At the Toyota Paragon Patum Thani. </div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br>
<br>Hi all , many thanks for the info, yesterday made an order, they  promised to deliver within 2 months. I  have a few questions: I want to put the back of the camera and roof monitor . What models to pose  and how much will it cost me, thanks.<br>
<br><br><br>Just out of interest, where did you place your order? I ordered mine on 23rd september at the Tha Thong dealership just outside Surat thani and was told 4 months! I am 13th in line.<br>
<br><br><br>

Picked up my Sportivo yesterday afternoon a few hours before heading to the airport and back to work, just enough time to familarize the wife with driving it. Plan on doing a few trips with it in a months time when i'm back. But very pleased with it so far and the service from our local dealer was fantastic compared to the previous on we went to.

That will surprise me if the camera will work as there is no way to connect to this head unit, the guy from Toyota Bkk and sale people in Hatyai and samui said no way. Also early in the thread MRO has been informed it won't work so if you find it does please inform. I've bitten the bullet and ordered one for delivery January so I can't check till then. Also I assume you know your spare is steel rim with 16" tyre. Diameter is nearly same as 18"

My friend just received the car with rear camera. So " Toyota BKK sale people in Hatyai and Samui do wrong. " Don't bitten the bullet ..... Hear the solution. Only toyota show room can put the rear camera. They need some unlock the head unit for rear camera. So just spend the 7000 B and enjoy your rear camera. Yes! its more softer for suspension than SMART. Brake is very powerful than before. Thanks for Parado front disc.

post-115889-070409500 1288269996_thumb.j

post-115889-020565900 1288270037_thumb.j

post-115889-027076700 1288270120_thumb.j

post-115889-013636800 1288270131_thumb.j

That will surprise me if the camera will work as there is no way to connect to this head unit, the guy from Toyota Bkk and sale people in Hatyai and samui said no way. Also early in the thread MRO has been informed it won't work so if you find it does please inform. I've bitten the bullet and ordered one for delivery January so I can't check till then. Also I assume you know your spare is steel rim with 16" tyre. Diameter is nearly same as 18"

My friend just received the car with rear camera. So " Toyota BKK sale people in Hatyai and Samui do wrong. " Don't bitten the bullet ..... Hear the solution. Only toyota show room can put the rear camera. They need some unlock the head unit for rear camera. So just spend the 7000 B and enjoy your rear camera. Yes! its more softer for suspension than SMART. Brake is very powerful than before. Thanks for Parado front disc.

Dear SIR(wbchonburi),

correct me if I am wrong...the images above is Sportivo ii NOT iii (notice the slight different design of the rear skirt from other images from other post)

Edited by vspin134

• 2 weeks later...

Dear SIR(wbchonburi),

correct me if I am wrong...the images above is Sportivo ii NOT iii (notice the slight different design of the rear skirt from other images from other post)

Sure looks like the Sportivo II not III, Rear Spoiler wrong

Interesting !!!! Reply to my email to Toyota about Rear Camera ***

Dear Sir,

On behalf of Toyota Motor Thailand Co., Ltd., Customer Call Center would like to express our cordially sincere thanks for your constant trust and interested in our product.

According to your e-mail, Customer Call Center would like to inform you that Fortuner Sportivo III could install back camera and for more information please, contact through parts department of our dealers for your information requested. For the information of our dealers including location and telephone number is available in www.toyota.co.th. We apologize you for the inconveniences information of your request.

Anyway, if you have any inquiries or suggestion for further improvement of our service, would you please to do not hesitate to let us know at [email protected] or 0-2386-2000. Any comments are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Customer Call Center

CS Promotion Office

Toyota Motor Thailand Co., Ltd.

So now to convince the Dealer ??? Not succeeded with the Sat Nav in English yet as "No One Knows" So much fun here !!!

That's interesting as I say when I called there customer service the guy said there was no way to connect rear view camera let's know how you go. On something different I order my Sportivo on the 14th October for delivery sometime in January which I said was no problem. Well got a call to-day from sales lady they might have a Sportivo available soon as someone might cancel and by January the spec might change on my order so she said if I pay 500,000bt to-morrow it might happen. My reply was if the spec changes it will only be for the better and I don't want it till Jan. She fell off her horse.

That's interesting as I say when I called there customer service the guy said there was no way to connect rear view camera let's know how you go. On something different I order my Sportivo on the 14th October for delivery sometime in January which I said was no problem. Well got a call to-day from sales lady they might have a Sportivo available soon as someone might cancel and by January the spec might change on my order so she said if I pay 500,000bt to-morrow it might happen. My reply was if the spec changes it will only be for the better and I don't want it till Jan. She fell off her horse.

Will let you know the outcome, i dont really hold out much hope as they really have no idea at all, one hand does not know what the other is doing, it is all quite funny really, a so called Global Company such as Toyota and no one appears to know anything, wont say much more it may appear bitter and twisted :whistling:

Cant also see them changing the spec on a limited production run either, but hey, TIT

Cheers

Have been trying to get answers from Toyota about the English Software for the Sat Nav, Bangkok say they have it but i have to order it from Dealer, Dealer say they dont think they have it but will find out and i must wait a month, I know ESRI supply the software on SD card in both Thai and English, so it was pissing me off !!! Spent a day on the Internet and had some help from a fellow Thai Visa member and now load Thai Streetmaps V11 in English on a New SD card and all working Great, So &lt;deleted&gt; Them !! Saved me 4000 Baht also !

Now the Rear Camera, again Bangkok Head office say no problem fitting, Pattaya say no can do, Told Bangkok to call Pattaya and sort or give me Dealer in bangkok who will do it, now yet another waitng game.

I really dont understand how they do business, as all this has just shown me how little they know about their products, and how little they think of a Farang who trys to help.

Rant over :whistling:

Edited by pattayapip

Have been trying to get answers from Toyota about the English Software for the Sat Nav, Bangkok say they have it but i have to order it from Dealer, Dealer say they dont think they have it but will find out and i must wait a month, I know ESRI supply the software on SD card in both Thai and English, so it was pissing me off !!! Spent a day on the Internet and had some help from a fellow Thai Visa member and now load Thai Streetmaps V11 in English on a New SD card and all working Great, So &lt;deleted&gt; Them !! Saved me 4000 Baht also !

Now the Rear Camera, again Bangkok Head office say no problem fitting, Pattaya say no can do, Told Bangkok to call Pattaya and sort or give me Dealer in bangkok who will do it, now yet another waitng game.

I really dont understand how they do business, as all this has just shown me how little they know about their products, and how little they think of a Farang who trys to help.

Good to see some didn't take the official announcements on face value :)

Good work on the maps too - can you confirm whether the upgrades you've managed have good detail nation-wide (the original specs noted detailed coverage for BKK area only)?

Good to see some didn't take the official announcements on face value :)

Good work on the maps too - can you confirm whether the upgrades you've managed have good detail nation-wide (the original specs noted detailed coverage for BKK area only)?

The New SD Card with V11 Maps on seems to work fine, its actually a slightly bigger file size than the V10 that is on the Thai Toyota Card. All roads show and points of Interest seems loads, I live on the outskirts of Pattaya and it is showing up all the little side streets so appears to be very good, not been many places yet but should do some driving this next few weeks and will report, but i would guess any update/Report you see on the V11 Maps will be exactly what i now have on mine.

I still would like the reversing Camera but no one is answering me now either from Toyota Bangkok or Pattaya :whistling:

Rear Camera Fitted and working fine, Many calls to Bangkok while doing it, but really looked quite simple and just plugged in the back of the Head Unit, took a feed off reversing light, it is placed to the side of the Number Plate lights, so neither of those needed removing.

All done, all good, Sat Nav in English and V11 working great everywhere not just Bangkok, Reversing Camera Installed and working fine, Happy Man :D

Edited by pattayapip

Rear Camera Fitted and working fine, Many calls to Bangkok while doing it, but really looked quite simple and just plugged in the back of the Head Unit, took a feed off reversing light, it is placed to the side of the Number Plate lights, so neither of those needed removing.

All done, all good, Sat Nav in English and V11 working great everywhere not just Bangkok, Reversing Camera Installed and working fine, Happy Man :D

Well done. Had my sportivo11 for 18 month's and love it. Enjoy.

Well done. Had my sportivo11 for 18 month's and love it. Enjoy.

Pictures of Installation, sorry not great as in a bit of a rush and just used my Phone.

Works great but dont forget your mirrors !! Things seem much further away than they are :D

post-14647-0-45521600-1290664540_thumb.j

post-14647-0-59391100-1290664548_thumb.j

post-14647-0-10424300-1290664560_thumb.j

Edited by pattayapip

• 4 weeks later...