Fortuner Sportivo 111

fredob43

The new Fortuner Sportivo 111 has arrived

What's not the same as the old one.

1. New front spoiler.

2. New rear spoiler top and bottom.

3. Different Hi/Fi + Sat/Nav.

4. Step now black same as the cheap fortuner's. So after a few month's will need repainting.

Other than that it's the same as the one before. Except the price now 1,439,000, 40 grand more.

And there not offering much discount as new and peep's want them. If you've got a spare 32+ grand english go on get one. Extra's rear camera, window deflector's/tint's Tax insurance No: plate's ect ect. Good A.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice that there Navi top model is 10,000bt more than the Sportivo so why the difference they both have sat/nav and I assumed the Sportivo had the tuned suspension

Didn't ask but before it had a better Hi/Fi set up. + S/Nav but now so has the Sportivo. It also had blue tooth. And yes the Sportivo 111 is as stated the same as Sportivo 11 just a few alteration's spoiler's ect. + those crappy cheap black side step's. I think the main difference as I see it is you can get a better discount/free add on's. On the Navi. Id still go for the Sportivo though better resale value.

I notice that there Navi top model is 10,000bt more than the Sportivo so why the difference they both have sat/nav and I assumed the Sportivo had the tuned suspension

Didn't ask but before it had a better Hi/Fi set up. + S/Nav but now so has the Sportivo. It also had blue tooth. And yes the Sportivo 111 is as stated the same as Sportivo 11 just a few alteration's spoiler's ect. + those crappy cheap black side step's. I think the main difference as I see it is you can get a better discount/free add on's. On the Navi. Id still go for the Sportivo though better resale value.

To Fredob43

Apologies if I've posted this wrongly but it's my first time.

The new Fortuner Sportivo 111 has arrived !!!!!!

I'm looking to upgrade my ride and I've been hanging on to see where the Fortuna range was going regarding updates before I committed to buy something. My current ride is a Sport Rider which I've had for 6 years and have been very happy with it.

Seeing your post raised my interest but there's nothing on Toyota's website and I've been to 2 dealers who know nothing about a new Sportivo. Maybe your source has information which isn't available to most dealers. Did he/she give you a release date for this model? If so I would be most grateful if you could pass it on.

If it's not soon I'll just opt for the A/T Navi as the stock car seems to have what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance

To Fredob43

Apologies if I've posted this wrongly but it's my first time.

The new Fortuner Sportivo 111 has arrived !!!!!!

I'm looking to upgrade my ride and I've been hanging on to see where the Fortuna range was going regarding updates before I committed to buy something. My current ride is a Sport Rider which I've had for 6 years and have been very happy with it.

Seeing your post raised my interest but there's nothing on Toyota's website and I've been to 2 dealers who know nothing about a new Sportivo. Maybe your source has information which isn't available to most dealers. Did he/she give you a release date for this model? If so I would be most grateful if you could pass it on.

If it's not soon I'll just opt for the A/T Navi as the stock car seems to have what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance

I didnt go to my man I just went into a Toyota dealer's an asked about it as it had been advertised in one of my wife Thai paper's. Full page add. They gave me the new brochure and the price list. I dont know who your going to but they dont seem to be up to date.

If you look in an earlier post, Engineer 139 one, and click on his down load's thats the new brochure Ive got so it's available. Best of luck.

If you want to know more phone Toyota BKK costomer service on 023861000

Thanks. Got the download now. Had trouble with it on Saturday when the files wouldn't open. So as you say there's definitely information out there. Trouble is getting my hands on it. The resolution of the tif files isn't good enough to gleen all the info so I've requested a brochure from Bangkok. Hope it arrives soon. Both dealers in Petchabun denied all knowledge of the new model. I guess it was a case of I'm not sure so the answers NO.

I noticed that the color scheme is still any color you like so long as it's white. Which is no surprise really as the last 2 models were the same. When you quoted 'there it is in black and white' I was kind of hoping there was more choice this time around as white's not my first choice for any car.

Still the chief reason I could be interested in the Sportivo is for the uprated suspension. When I first got the Sport Rider the ride was too soft and the steering wasn't tight. I fixed this with new dampers wheels/tires and a strut brace to tighten things up.

Earlier this year I had a test drive in a stock Fortuner 3.0 A/T and to be honest it drove pretty much like my Sport Rider used to. I expected more from a later model car. Fixing this isn't a problem as I've done it before but it is an added expendeture which I guess now would cost me an extra 100,000 baht, if not more. White could become appealing.

If you look in an earlier post, Engineer 139 one, and click on his down load's thats the new brochure Ive got so it's available. Best of luck.

Thanks. Got the download now. Had trouble with it on Saturday when the files wouldn't open. So as you say there's definitely information out there. Trouble is getting my hands on it. The resolution of the tif files isn't good enough to gleen all the info so I've requested a brochure from Bangkok. Hope it arrives soon. Both dealers in Petchabun denied all knowledge of the new model. I guess it was a case of I'm not sure so the answers NO.

I noticed that the color scheme is still any color you like so long as it's white. Which is no surprise really as the last 2 models were the same. When you quoted 'there it is in black and white' I was kind of hoping there was more choice this time around as white's not my first choice for any car.

Still the chief reason I could be interested in the Sportivo is for the uprated suspension. When I first got the Sport Rider the ride was too soft and the steering wasn't tight. I fixed this with new dampers wheels/tires and a strut brace to tighten things up.

Earlier this year I had a test drive in a stock Fortuner 3.0 A/T and to be honest it drove pretty much like my Sport Rider used to. I expected more from a later model car. Fixing this isn't a problem as I've done it before but it is an added expendeture which I guess now would cost me an extra 100,000 baht, if not more. White could become appealing.

Yes white & white with bit's of black. Toyota's in Kampaeng Phet have all the brochure's & can supply, so can Toyota's in Uthai Thani. You'll more than lIkely get a better deal from U/Thani. (More Extra's for free.) no one drop's the price.

Yes white & white with bit's of black. Toyota's in Kampaeng Phet have all the brochure's & can supply, so can Toyota's in Uthai Thani. You'll more than lIkely get a better deal from U/Thani. (More Extra's for free.) no one drop's the price.

My contact in U/Thani has left. so cant give you a name but there phone no is 056511535. or Peeranan Sittisongkran 0873071934 at K.P.Phet You might have a problem with speeking in English so get someone that speek's Thai to do it. Best of luck. I phoned U/T and am waiting for call back on delivery date's Edited by fredob43

Is there a Sportivo model that doesn't come with that goofy extra little side-mirror on the passenger side front panel?

And what is the drive/handling characteristics of the regular vs. Sportivo model Fortuners?

Also, keep in mind that Chevy has announced the updated Captiva, which should be in Thailand by early next year I believe.

Is there a Sportivo model that doesn't come with that goofy extra little side-mirror on the passenger side front panel?

And what is the drive/handling characteristics of the regular vs. Sportivo model Fortuners?

Also, keep in mind that Chevy has announced the updated Captiva, which should be in Thailand by early next year I believe.

Answer you first question no, but they (dealer's) will take it off fill the hole and respray that's what I was offered.

The sportivo has a different suspension harder, lower center of gravity so dosn't dip so much while braking or lean, It dose give a harder ride but not that much. But it's not a sport's car, never will be. Under normal driving condition's no different. What it's like street raceing I dont know as dont do it, I maybe mad but Im not crazy. All that apart it's a nice car to drive. The only reason I got one other than the standard fortuner is that it is better appointed inside (S/wheel, seat's ++) and has better resale value.

Yes know about the Captiva but it's smaller. And to my mind only a six seater not a seven and less leg room. And not such a good resale value.

Just got a phone call from Toyota U/Thani delivery 6/7 week's. That what they they quoted me when I got mine. I orderd it on a Thursday the following Tuesday I got a phone call from them telling me it would be in a week later but couldn't take it till the Friday as they had to put the bit's "extra's" on. So now you know best of luck.

Yeah. That mirror doesn't look so good. I now see these mirrors on cars and trucks which don't come with them stock. Maybe they're ugly but eeffective at eliminating the inside blindspot so you can see who is being knocked off their bike.

The regular Fortuners roll a little on bends and feel a little unstable if you're unlucky enough to need to brake hard. But most stock SUV's suffer from this slight disadvantage. It doesn't mean they're unsafe but it's noticeable. The Sportivo suspension modifications are reported to have overcome these characteristics but the ride comfort has been compromised. By how much I don't know as i've not driven one. Yet! Maybe the ride of the regular Fortuner will be more to my liking.

The Captiva (as is) had an update a few months ago. They don't appear to have done much other than change interior/exterior trims. But it does look better. I read in one press release a couple of weeks ago that Chevy were going to sell an SUV based on the Colorado chassis. Maybe this will get the Captiva name. I kind of thought that if it is based on this chassis it will be a bigger SUV which makes me think that something akin to the Trailblazer is on the horizon.

As you say it may be better to hang in there a while longer before jumping.

Yeah. That mirror doesn't look so good. I now see these mirrors on cars and trucks which don't come with them stock. Maybe they're ugly but eeffective at eliminating the inside blindspot so you can see who is being knocked off their bike.

The regular Fortuners roll a little on bends and feel a little unstable if you're unlucky enough to need to brake hard. But most stock SUV's suffer from this slight disadvantage. It doesn't mean they're unsafe but it's noticeable. The Sportivo suspension modifications are reported to have overcome these characteristics but the ride comfort has been compromised. By how much I don't know as i've not driven one. Yet! Maybe the ride of the regular Fortuner will be more to my liking.

The Captiva (as is) had an update a few months ago. They don't appear to have done much other than change interior/exterior trims. But it does look better. I read in one press release a couple of weeks ago that Chevy were going to sell an SUV based on the Colorado chassis. Maybe this will get the Captiva name. I kind of thought that if it is based on this chassis it will be a bigger SUV which makes me think that something akin to the Trailblazer is on the horizon.

As you say it may be better to hang in there a while longer before jumping.

As for roll on bend's ect the Sportivo doesn't very stable. Tip if you are thinking of getting one act fast as they are a limited addition. The last lot sold out with load's of peep's still wanting one. Then your back to Mr rolly polly. If you want to try a rolly polly have a test drive in a Pajero. Nice on strait road's, on bend's never a dull moment. Great fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Taken Delivery of Pattaya's First Sportivo III :whistling::D

Your lucky so enjoy the drive. Perhaps after a couple of weeks you could update us all to se if you are completely satisfied and of any niggles you may have

Not so lucky, what I should have written was "My Wife has just taken delivery of Pattaya'a first Sportivo III" :D

But I will be back in a couple of weeks and will update as to how it is, I don’t foresee many differences but it has a few things that my TRD Smart did not have, such as the Full Sat Nav, Cruise and elect seats etc, but will post here how I find it in comparison to the Smart.

Cheers

Its too bad that Thailand don't sell the Middle East export model Fortuner locally. Albeit with the steering wheel on the RH side.

Quick specs that matter: 4 liter EFI petrol V6 VVT-I, 5 speed auto, rear diff lock and goes like a scolded cat. Believe me,as I have one as a work vehicle. :D

A link to my original post on the subject: 2010 Toyota Fortuner SR5 (MIddle East spec)

• Like 1

Pattayapip I asked at toyota to-day about rear camera to add on the Sportivo they said it will not work with the current head unit in the car. Do you know the brand of the head unit in your fortuner as the dealer in Hatyai didn't know. I'm still tossing to buy Toyota or Mitsu dam_n.

Yes, this is a point i have also found out, apparently the rear camera interface is not compatible with the Sat Nav Head unit for some reason, was told to go to aftermarket and have the standard one taken out and replaced with one that will work with camera !!! <deleted> ?

So have not got the Camera option, it has reversing sensors and also same at the front, will have to do for now.

Sure would like to have this with the 4 ltr Petrol !!!!

Yes agree was a bit pissed about that, not sure on the spare, as not sure on anything as stuck in crappy Indonesia for another couple of weeks :( I could call her and ask, but seeing as she has not even looked at the Sat Nav unit or anything else yet, feel the call may be wasted :whistling:

So might as well go out on the lash now and drown my sorrows :)

Cheers for now