Fortuner Sportivo 111

fredob43

yes for a vehicle costing 1,440,000 bt piss poor, the 18" mags look nice I tried to check the spare not sure it's mag or steel and if it's 18"

Steel and not the same tyre or tread pattern think it's 18'' but I'm not going to climb under to look. What a bummer about the rear view camera have Sportivo11 and no prob's with fitting it. Are you sure.???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Toyota girl said camera not compatible with head unit in Sportivo111 she also said spare was alloy mag but from what I could see it was steel. I don't like being lied too. I'm just weighting up some things before I decide Toyota or Mitsu or nothing for another year as I still have a perfectly serviceable Mitsu 4X4 now.

I'm sure MRO will give some answer's maybe even a work around for the head unit.

I'm afraid not - the stereo that comes int he Sportivo III is entirely different to the what comes in the Aperto II and V-Navi models, it has a smaller screen (6.1" vs 6.4" for V-Navi and 7" for Aperto II), and it's GPS covers the greater Bangkok area only (what the?)..

So if you really want a reversing camera (IMHO, essential on SUV's) your options are:

1) Add an aftermarket camera using a replacement rear-view mirror with LCD screen integrated into it.

2) Change the whole audio/navi system as discussed up the page.

The first option is the cheapest, the second more expensive, but perhaps practical if you need a GPS that will work outside of Bangkok and Chonburi..

I'm sure MRO will give some answer's maybe even a work around for the head unit.

I'm afraid not - the stereo that comes int he Sportivo III is entirely different to the what comes in the Aperto II and V-Navi models, it has a smaller screen (6.1" vs 6.4" for V-Navi and 7" for Aperto II), and it's GPS covers the greater Bangkok area only (what the?)..

So if you really want a reversing camera (IMHO, essential on SUV's) your options are:

1) Add an aftermarket camera using a replacement rear-view mirror with LCD screen integrated into it.

The first option is the cheapest, the second more expensive, but perhaps practical if you need a GPS that will work outside of Bangkok and Chonburi..

Glad Ive got the sportivo11 had to pay for S/N but at least it work's well all over Thailand and Ive got the camera cost under 30,000. So they have wacked the price up 40,000 and nothing work's. Toyota Thailand.... Wan-er's.

Thanks for the info, Just a question, but how are you aware the Sat Nav only covers Bangkok and Chonburi ? Surely that would only be part of the Thailand (ESRI?) map which seems pointless ? How is it loaded ? Does it have a CD drive ? In which case you could just change the CD or programming ?

Also on one of the pictures i have attached (Received them this morning) it shows an SD card slot ? Surely you could just put the SD card from ESRI covering the full Thailand and that would work, these are just assumptions as from earlier posts i have not even seen my new ride yet !!

The Rear View Mirror with built in LCD screen for Reversing sounds a good option, where could i get one of those ?

Thanks for any info

post-14647-049452000 1286077022_thumb.jp

post-14647-062200700 1286077041_thumb.jp

post-14647-024323000 1286077087_thumb.jp

post-14647-017068000 1286077114_thumb.jp

post-14647-020915700 1286077138_thumb.jp

post-14647-027627900 1286077180_thumb.jp

I think the navigation has real time traffic reports for Bkk anyway who needs that, the road navigation is for the whole of Thailand which I think it has. Your mags look silver colour the one's in Hatyai were a nice brown gold colour look good. Maybe Toyota are using up all there old bit's to save cost's and charge an extra 40,000bt. dam_n I'm now more undecided if Misu had Vsc and Trc I would go for Mitsu oh well have to toss a coin again.

I think the navigation has real time traffic reports for Bkk anyway who needs that, the road navigation is for the whole of Thailand which I think it has.

Correct, it has support for the real-time traffic reports being trialled in BKK, however, the Toyota docs clearly state no GPS support outside of greater BKK:

ระบบนำทาง (In-Car Navigator) ใน TRD Sportivo III ใช้ได้เฉพาะเขตกรุงเทพและปริมณฑล

Translated:

The in-car navigator system in the TRD Sportivo III is specifically limited to Bangkok and it's vicinity.

This was actually brought to my attention by a friend who's a Toyota dealer in Chiangmai (and whose heart dropped upon getting the news)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I think the navigation has real time traffic reports for Bkk anyway who needs that, the road navigation is for the whole of Thailand which I think it has.

Correct, it has support for the real-time traffic reports being trialled in BKK, however, the Toyota docs clearly state no GPS support outside of greater BKK:

ระบบนำทาง (In-Car Navigator) ใน TRD Sportivo III ใช้ได้เฉพาะเขตกรุงเทพและปริมณฑล

Translated:

The in-car navigator system in the TRD Sportivo III is specifically limited to Bangkok and it's vicinity.

This was actually brought to my attention by a friend who's a Toyota dealer in Chiangmai (and whose heart dropped upon getting the news)

That's just plain stupid, having a limited system like that. :huh:

Thanks for the info, Just a question, but how are you aware the Sat Nav only covers Bangkok and Chonburi ? Surely that would only be part of the Thailand (ESRI?) map which seems pointless ? How is it loaded ? Does it have a CD drive ? In which case you could just change the CD or programming ?

Also on one of the pictures i have attached (Received them this morning) it shows an SD card slot ? Surely you could just put the SD card from ESRI covering the full Thailand and that would work, these are just assumptions as from earlier posts i have not even seen my new ride yet !!

The Rear View Mirror with built in LCD screen for Reversing sounds a good option, where could i get one of those ?

Thanks for any info

Yep they have fitted a cheap charley Hi fi set up. the one Ive got has a flip down front that you have to open to put disc in doesn't have knob's only button's. There's the problem. Bit stupid as they have lost money as you cant fit camera. As I said before Wan-er's.

Like i said, only going on the pictures i have it looks like it has a SD slot for the Sat Nav, you cant limit the GPS system just to Bangkok or wherever, just the map data, looks like that could be covered with a Full ESRI SD Card

A bit pissed i am not there to see for myself

Thanks for any info

Yep they have fitted a cheap charley Hi fi set up. the one Ive got has a flip down front that you have to open to put disc in doesn't have knob's only button's. There's the problem. Bit stupid as they have lost money as you cant fit camera. As I said before Wan-er's.

Agree somewhat, but i cant say its the end of the world if i had a system fitted that showed the camera via the rear view mirror, not perfect by any means but i guess better than starting totally new with complete unit at guessing over 100K

Dont understand the Cheap Charlie reference to the Hi Fi Set up though ? The spec looks the same as the Navi and Aperto apart from a slightly different sized screen, why they have done that is anyones Guess.

When has anything in Thailand made any sense ? :)

I put C/C as the hifi on the sportivo11 was not as good as the Navi and the new one is not as good a the Sportivo11. Im a fan of the car and it bug's me to see them doing something like this to save maybe 10,000bt. Shame, Shame Shame. Tried to put a down load in from my set up but it wont let me do it for some reason, will have a go later.

Just called Toyota head office and they confirmed the head unit is loaded with Thai maps and will work all of Thai :rolleyes: As for spare wheel it's 16" he said it's only for spare so no problem :rolleyes: As for colour of mags he says smoked black can anyone confirm this is true. They will have have one on Samui for me to check on the 30 October but I'm still doing research so any info welcome. Also what's the cost to change out head unit to a 7" so a rear camera can be used and gps. MRO any info from you always welcome

Just called Toyota head office and they confirmed the head unit is loaded with Thai maps and will work all of Thai :rolleyes: As for spare wheel it's 16" he said it's only for spare so no problem :rolleyes: As for colour of mags he says smoked black can anyone confirm this is true. They will have have one on Samui for me to check on the 30 October but I'm still doing research so any info welcome. Also what's the cost to change out head unit to a 7" so a rear camera can be used and gps. MRO any info from you always welcome

Wait one, are 18" wheels standard on this vehicle? If so, how can the guy say 16" is okay, especially for a 4WD? It will cause nothing but problems for the drive train. This is hilarious :lol:

There customer service head office he went and checked and called me back. We know but they don't. It's a sorry state. I just got another call from Samui they will have a new Sportivo to-morrow for me to look at, I will ask same question but assume I will get same silly reply.

Question for new Spotivo111 owners who have the 18" wheels, as the spare is 16" will it fit on the front as the brake rotors are now bigger.

Sportivo 111 has the same wheel's as Spo:11 load's of room. Toyota in LOS are stupid but not crazy.

Question for new Spotivo111 owners who have the 18" wheels, as the spare is 16" will it fit on the front as the brake rotors are now bigger.

Sportivo 111 has the same wheel's as Spo:11 load's of room. Toyota in LOS are stupid but not crazy.

Some larger offset 16" wheels can fit the front rotors, marginally. The calipers/ brakes are from Prado 120, and most owners swear you need a minimum of 17" to clear the brakes.

Not sure what spare wheel size, but as long as the car is not tilted when fitting it to one side, it should be ok. The spares are "taller"

Some larger offset 16" wheels can fit the front rotors, marginally. The calipers/ brakes are from Prado 120, and most owners swear you need a minimum of 17" to clear the brakes.

Not sure what spare wheel size, but as long as the car is not tilted when fitting it to one side, it should be ok. The spares are "taller"

Distance from caliper to rim 1.5 inches, so from 16 inch spare .5 inch clearance. Disc 2 inch clearance.

Where in Pattaya are these Camera/Reversing Mirror LCD kits available please ?

Cheers

Today I just received the called from Toyota Motor Thailand. About Fortuner Sportivo III front DVD head unit can use rear camera. Only we need is one system box and it is available at any toyota show room after sale service. I also got some pics of Sportivo III on the street drive, which is got on thai web site. This is the first shipment of sportivo III in this month.

post-115889-037702200 1287140124_thumb.j

post-115889-088682500 1287140151_thumb.j

post-115889-080986500 1287140196_thumb.j

post-115889-069336900 1287140218_thumb.j

post-115889-071991700 1287140240_thumb.j

post-115889-036996900 1287140265_thumb.j

post-115889-066550200 1287140292_thumb.j

post-115889-081733900 1287140316_thumb.j

post-115889-051123100 1287140336_thumb.j

That will surprise me if the camera will work as there is no way to connect to this head unit, the guy from Toyota Bkk and sale people in Hatyai and samui said no way. Also early in the thread MRO has been informed it won't work so if you find it does please inform. I've bitten the bullet and ordered one for delivery January so I can't check till then. Also I assume you know your spare is steel rim with 16" tyre. Diameter is nearly same as 18"

I think the navigation has real time traffic reports for Bkk anyway who needs that, the road navigation is for the whole of Thailand which I think it has. Your mags look silver colour the one's in Hatyai were a nice brown gold colour look good. Maybe Toyota are using up all there old bit's to save cost's and charge an extra 40,000bt. dam_n I'm now more undecided if Misu had Vsc and Trc I would go for Mitsu oh well have to toss a coin again.

The Mags are a dark Metallic not silver, i will take a picture later when it stops raining, The Sat Nav unit covers all of Thailand and has multiple Language display/Talk/Input Options, The Toyota Part Number is PZ072-0K009/ PZ072-00019 to 00019

First Impressions is that it looks and works ok BUT the Software installed is the Thai version so although it speaks in English all names and writing of roads and places etc is in Thai !! Am trying to find out if i can get the English version, am guessing software from ESRI so have emailed them first. It is supplied on SD card which is good as should be able to be updated/changed easily. The Head unit takes one Disc only but seeing as it takes DVDs you can put 6 CDs worth of MP3 Music on one DVD. Have not tried any movies on DVD yet and wonder if it has a restriction that stops the display whilst moving ? In Europe that would be a cert, but here ? Hmmmm :)

It has Bluetooth connection and can sync with your Phone, you can connect your Ipod and also USB, it also has a small remote control <deleted> ???

The spare as said appears to be a steel wheel, but not been under the car yet to really look. I dont know what the Spec for the Sportivo II is So i really dont know what bits it has that the old one does not ?

The Spoiler Kit front and rear plus slightly different rear high level spoiler i am guessing.

The ride is much softer than my TRD Smart, Guessing they toned the ride down on the first Sportivo's ? I actually prefered the drive in the Smart (Thats just from 30 Mins driving Yesterday) but it is a little softer over the potholes. Will take some better pictures later when the weather clears up, and write another report before i head off back to work next week, but so far ok, its a decent truck, not overly outspoken, just would like to srt the Sat Nav Software and find out definitively if the Head unit will work with Rear Camera even if it needs an added control box To Be Continued ----

The Drivers seat is electrically controlled, it has Cruise Control, Foldable Wing Mirrors, it has the standard reversing Sensors and i have had front Sensors installed also.

Edited by pattayapip