Danish National Busted In Pattaya, Chon-buri Police Drug Raids

Rimmer

Pattaya always has been, and will be the place foreigners go to for anything illegal. Way it is, way it will be for the forseeable future..

Go ahead and flame me, but I lived in BKK for 3 years. Everytime I went there, I wanted to get on the first thing smoking back to BKK so I could experience some sort of normal civilization.

I think all the recent "suicides" and "self-defense" homicides should show people the deal there. That said if I ever want to hide out from the cops, I know where I'm going.

There is good and bad everywhere for sure also in BKK and i do have a total different view of things than you do, but i'm not living in the city, just outside... That Danish blokes name doesn't at all sound Danish, does it ?

I lived on Suk 33 and Suk 16 in BKK, so I did see alot of the bad BKK side. It never compared to the late night beach scene in Pattaya. You bring up a good point as I was tourist in Pattaya, but a resident in BKK. The place just seemed like the last stop before Purgatory to me.

Oh, you are wrong, soooo wrong... How could you say "Pattaya is the last stop before purgatory"... It's so wrong... Pattaya IS Purgatory!

People usually see what they want to see. So really your observations do not say much about you as a person. Does it?!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

having moved to the Pattaya area 4 months ago from Bangkok I am always amused by the virulent flaming of Pattaya. Pattaya is a large city with several layers. I admit that a very visible layer is the bar scene but it is only one layer.

Whilst there are many westerners and Thai's who are here for the scene and there are criminals too, there are many people who live and work in the city who have nothing to do with that scene.

I have never seen any violence or been a victim or witness to any crime. I have a life here that I enjoy and people I enjoy it with who never go near that scene. It is there if you want it but there is so much more available too.

ANy city in the world has its share of lowlifes and my home city (London) is no exception.

Give Pattaya a break, it is not all bad!

• Like 1

Pattaya always has been, and will be the place foreigners go to for anything illegal. Way it is, way it will be for the forseeable future..

Go ahead and flame me, but I lived in BKK for 3 years. Everytime I went there, I wanted to get on the first thing smoking back to BKK so I could experience some sort of normal civilization.

I think all the recent "suicides" and "self-defense" homicides should show people the deal there. That said if I ever want to hide out from the cops, I know where I'm going.

Well said!!! Everytime I have been there, I just wanna go back to BKK asap or continue further southeast!

So perhaps you should not come to Pattaya at all.

Its not like anyone is forcing you, unless of course you get little sick from all the smoke,bad smells, dirty polluted air, and over priced hookers.

Unfortunately I am being forced every now and then :( But it just makes me appreciate living and going out in Bangkok even more! There is always a bright side :)

Well said!!! Everytime I have been there, I just wanna go back to BKK asap or continue further southeast!

then why did you go "every time there" pray tell? :huh:

then why did you go "every time there" pray tell? :huh:

This thread is not for me to justify why I have to go to Pattaya every now and then. I just confirmed a previous statement, claiming that Pattya might not be the nicest place on earth. In my opinion, the only place that is developed enough for me to find comfortable to live in is Bangkok, and I love living there, but would hate living anywhere else in LOS. That my persoal opinion, and then you can agree or not!

i completely agree....poor bastard just did no t think through the consequences...may he his learn his lesson and get out ssoon... i feel for anyone convicted of drug crimes, who knows why he decided to take such a route

5 pills in your own home could be personal use in some countries.

Whereas driving drunk, with no license and killing someone would be a serious crime....here it a daily occurrence.

Police do seem to prioritise crime where opportunities for a kickback are more likely.

This is hardly worthy of the headline.

• 2 weeks later...