Danish National Busted In Pattaya, Chon-buri Police Drug Raids

Rimmer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya always has been, and will be the place foreigners go to for anything illegal. Way it is, way it will be for the forseeable future..

Go ahead and flame me, but I lived in BKK for 3 years. Everytime I went there, I wanted to get on the first thing smoking back to BKK so I could experience some sort of normal civilization.

I think all the recent "suicides" and "self-defense" homicides should show people the deal there. That said if I ever want to hide out from the cops, I know where I'm going.

I think you should be saying u live in the cesspit of Asia,you compare Pattaya v Bangkok????

Pattaya is heaven compared to Bangkok

Disagreement I guess. Take a walk on the beach after dark. Everyone has a different heaven. My opinion and yours are apparently different. "To each is own."

Really; I'd say Mogadishu is worse although perhaps not significantly worse.

Well said by all.

Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand (followed closely by Phuket) and both are tourist destination filled with low-lifes. It is not a place for any family. It is not a place to visit for weekends. It is certainly not a place for nightime solace and watching the stars. The the majority of crime there seems to be a mixed challenge between the Thai's and the dodgy Farangs, and the Police win against both in the corruption stakes.

It is of no surprise to read about suicides, people being arrested with drugs, child prostitution, Russian mafia and so on. Ever since the days of Vietnam US (and others) gaining passes for R & R (raging n' rooting) Pattaya has enjoyed that reputation which like a festering sore, continues to pollute all who live there.

It attracts Thai's who make money from the growing debacle of human misery, the rip off merchants and the scammers. Selling real estate with no titles, money up front for condo purchases and no contract ability to complete. Other Farang come, build some condo's or do house renovations, quality is poor, prices double that of Thai rates and so on. Bars scamming Farang (and others) and so on. Other Farangs come to buy bars with inflated figures, do their ass*s, then sell on and don't mind ripping off the next sucker and on it goes. It is really the armpit of Thailand. I inform all my clients coming in and people asking for holidays - to avoid both the P's. and will continue to do so.

Well said by all.

Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand (followed closely by Phuket) and both are tourist destination filled with low-lifes. It is not a place for any family. It is not a place to visit for weekends. It is certainly not a place for nightime solace and watching the stars. The the majority of crime there seems to be a mixed challenge between the Thai's and the dodgy Farangs, and the Police win against both in the corruption stakes.

It is of no surprise to read about suicides, people being arrested with drugs, child prostitution, Russian mafia and so on. Ever since the days of Vietnam US (and others) gaining passes for R & R (raging n' rooting) Pattaya has enjoyed that reputation which like a festering sore, continues to pollute all who live there.

It attracts Thai's who make money from the growing debacle of human misery, the rip off merchants and the scammers. Selling real estate with no titles, money up front for condo purchases and no contract ability to complete. Other Farang come, build some condo's or do house renovations, quality is poor, prices double that of Thai rates and so on. Bars scamming Farang (and others) and so on. Other Farangs come to buy bars with inflated figures, do their ass*s, then sell on and don't mind ripping off the next sucker and on it goes. It is really the armpit of Thailand. I inform all my clients coming in and people asking for holidays - to avoid both the P's. and will continue to do so.

ahhhh.... asiawanke_r speaks

<deleted>

Does Thailand have a Death Penalty for drug dealing? If so, have they actually imposed the Death Penalty for drug dealing? Time to get really tough on those low lifes that create misery in the world.

I remember there were 2 Thai guys executed last year (August - it was my birthday) for drugs, but they were the first for about 6 years I think, and none since.

I remember the Thai TV following them for the last hour when they were making their last phone calls, writing letters and making merit, all a bit ghoulish really but gripping at the same time.

Why is it every news thread about some crime happening in Pattaya always ends up being a Pattaya bashing thread.

Yes we have some crime here, just like any other big city. Unfortunately the local news media seems to focus on the bad things all the time so it looks like that's all Pattaya has going.

Getting a little boring.

:coffee1:

Some Facts;

I have seen more weirdos in Pattaya than i have seen elsewhere in Thailand.

I have seen more trouble in Pattaya........................................

I have seen more drugs in Pattaya..........................................

I have seen more desperate foreigners in Pattaya...........................

Pattaya gets bashed for a reason... most of the comments bashing the place are true.

Pattaya always has been, and will be the place foreigners go to for anything illegal. Way it is, way it will be for the forseeable future..

Go ahead and flame me, but I lived in BKK for 3 years. Everytime I went there, I wanted to get on the first thing smoking back to BKK so I could experience some sort of normal civilization.

I think all the recent "suicides" and "self-defense" homicides should show people the deal there. That said if I ever want to hide out from the cops, I know where I'm going.

BANGKOK - - OH MY GOD..!!

It was a trashy city in the 60's and hasn't gotten any better.

Any city away from there is better than Bangkok...

Truth be known, I prefer the North, but my wife like it here in Udon. Rayong, Mae Chan, Korat are all much nicer than the Bangkok slum...

UPDATE

Suspected Danish drug dealer arrested at his East Pattaya home

PATTAYA: -- Late on Wednesday Night, Banglamung Police arrested a Danish Man, suspected of dealing in class 1 drugs. Police Lieutenant Colonel Sukatat, Deputy Chief of Banglamung Police, led the raid on a house at the Country Club Village in East Pattaya, reportedly owned by Mr. Noah Tais Munk aged 30 from Denmark. A search warrant was issued for the property based on information received from Khun Chargrib who had been arrested with 5 Yabba Tablets earlier in the week. He claimed he purchased the drugs from the Danish suspect.

Full update HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-09-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Does Thailand have a Death Penalty for drug dealing? If so, have they actually imposed the Death Penalty for drug dealing? Time to get really tough on those low lifes that create misery in the world.

They have it, but rarely impose that penalty.

Death penalty is not the solution though

Well, I'm one of the "retired middle age farangs at 40 living in Pattaya". I hadn't realisef that it made me such a failure. Should I go and live in my flat in London, my seaside apartment in Dorset, my condo in KL or apartment near Malaga will that somehow mitigate and prevent me being a failure in life?

Pattaya is in many way a human zoo .All types live there and I am sure there are many decent and honest people,its just we don't get to hear about them. The "bad eggs" are there and there is sure plenty of them.Its just the tip of the iceberg most likely. They have traditionally been protected by those with the power to do so and its unlikey to change in our lifetime. Does Thailand have an Elliot Ness ?

It wont change in the near future. I'm not faulting anyone for living there, or partying there. I see it like you do, a "Human Zoo" I just got bored of seeing a zoo on that level. I could see a smaller version of it going to Nana, and not have to sit in a car for 3 hours.

I could see a smaller version of it going to Nana, and not have to sit in a car for 3 hours.

??? what sort of car :blink:

That's good news! Yet another one off the streets! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the BiB really earned their salary and DEA Bonuses on this one - busted him with 5 whole tablets.............th article starts out ...........was caught with a significant amount of illicit drugs - dollar to a donut he was caught with lot more and the narco's kept it fr themselves..........

That's good news! Yet another one off the streets! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the BiB really earned their salary and DEA Bonuses on this one - busted him with 5 whole tablets.............th article starts out ...........was caught with a significant amount of illicit drugs - dollar to a donut he was caught with lot more and the narco's kept it fr themselves..........

Apparently you did not read the complete article where it states the Danish guy was found with:

In Wednesday’s operations officers raided the house, arresting a Danish national, Mr. Noah Tais Munk [30] (AKA, Mr. JD), and confiscating some 100 pills of the class-1 restricted narcotic Ya-Ba and a small quantity, 2 grams, of Ya-Ice (crystal methamphetamine).

post-33509-023079900 1284647102_thumb.jp

I AM HAPPY THEY GOT THE DRUG DEALER GET THEM ALL

From TV forum Netiquette, it ain't cool to post in all caps:

Some general guidelines for posting:

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Pattaya is in many way a human zoo .All types live there and I am sure there are many decent and honest people,its just we don't get to hear about them. The "bad eggs" are there and there is sure plenty of them.Its just the tip of the iceberg most likely. They have traditionally been protected by those with the power to do so and its unlikey to change in our lifetime. Does Thailand have an Elliot Ness ?

They HAD one Elliot Ness who would clean Pattaya in furious manner, but they had the guy until 2006. Then he was ousted as his speed in cleaning and making order (so needed) in country, became disturbance for some "sensitive" Thais, probbably the same who are now getting billions, involved in Pattaya chain of prostitution as the main part of official budget od Thailand,(up to 60%-according to Bangkok Post) and even more profitable then drug dealing.

I AM HAPPY THEY GOT THE DRUG DEALER GET THEM ALL

Yeah but in your dreams only. Too many people are in chain of drugs, chain of prostitution and many other charming things and tourist' attractions in Pattaya and few other places - as part of famous smile of country.

Government should to stop to be obsessed by ex PM and UDD but to take an iron broom so to clean the house, if don't want to stay DEVELOPING country for centuries.

his own stupid fault for supplying Thai's .... doesnt he read the newspapers ?

You wanna sound cool? Don't be such a fool.....

I have to ask. How is he being a fool? Isn't the fool the one who ignores the fact that Thais almost always tell on everybody as soon as they get caught? This is one of my favorite things about Thailand! Haha

Well, I'm one of the "retired middle age farangs at 40 living in Pattaya". I hadn't realisef that it made me such a failure. Should I go and live in my flat in London, my seaside apartment in Dorset, my condo in KL or apartment near Malaga will that somehow mitigate and prevent me being a failure in life?

I don't know man, none of that seems to work for me. I just submit, live in flip flops and shorts, spend way less and let people say what they want.

I'm even going to get a job and go back to school so I won't give off the wrong impression forever....

:)

Well said!!! Everytime I have been there, I just wanna go back to BKK asap or continue further southeast!

So perhaps you should not come to Pattaya at all.

Its not like anyone is forcing you, unless of course you get little sick from all the smoke,bad smells, dirty polluted air, and over priced hookers.

Edited by kuffki