Danish National Busted In Pattaya, Chon-buri Police Drug Raids

Rimmer

Danish National Busted In Chon-Buri Police Drug Raids

PATTAYA: -- A Danish national on Wednesday was arrested in possession of a significant quantity of the class-1 restricted drug Ya-Ba and a small quantity of another illicit narcotic at his Country Club Village home in Pattaya.

Pattaya, the 15th of September 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 11:00pm on Wednesday, Lieutenant Colonel Sukthat Phumpunmuang (Chon-Buri Gendarme Police Deputy Superintendent) and a team of undercover officers instigated a raid on house no. 20/150 in Country Club Village, Banglamung.

The raid was conducted after officers received information that a foreign man was using the premises as a base to solicit drug dealing operations. According to officers at the scene, a Mr. Chakrit Houngtung was recently arrested in possession of five tablets of the illegal narcotic Ya-Ba

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-09-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya always has been, and will be the place foreigners go to for anything illegal. Way it is, way it will be for the forseeable future..

Go ahead and flame me, but I lived in BKK for 3 years. Everytime I went there, I wanted to get on the first thing smoking back to BKK so I could experience some sort of normal civilization.

I think all the recent "suicides" and "self-defense" homicides should show people the deal there. That said if I ever want to hide out from the cops, I know where I'm going.

Pattaya always has been, and will be the place foreigners go to for anything illegal. Way it is, way it will be for the forseeable future..

Go ahead and flame me, but I lived in BKK for 3 years. Everytime I went there, I wanted to get on the first thing smoking back to BKK so I could experience some sort of normal civilization.

I think all the recent "suicides" and "self-defense" homicides should show people the deal there. That said if I ever want to hide out from the cops, I know where I'm going.

There is good and bad everywhere for sure also in BKK and i do have a total different view of things than you do, but i'm not living in the city, just outside... That Danish blokes name doesn't at all sound Danish, does it ?

Well said!!! Everytime I have been there, I just wanna go back to BKK asap or continue further southeast!

There is good and bad everywhere for sure also in BKK and i do have a total different view of things than you do, but i'm not living in the city, just outside... That Danish blokes name doesn't at all sound Danish, does it ?

I lived on Suk 33 and Suk 16 in BKK, so I did see alot of the bad BKK side. It never compared to the late night beach scene in Pattaya. You bring up a good point as I was tourist in Pattaya, but a resident in BKK. The place just seemed like the last stop before Purgatory to me.

Being a Dane, I would say that his name (Noah Tais Munk) sounds Danish, but not a very common Danish name. I have often seen Noah, Tais and Munk, but never combined.

Pattaya is in many way a human zoo .All types live there and I am sure there are many decent and honest people,its just we don't get to hear about them. The "bad eggs" are there and there is sure plenty of them.Its just the tip of the iceberg most likely. They have traditionally been protected by those with the power to do so and its unlikey to change in our lifetime. Does Thailand have an Elliot Ness ?

5 pills in your own home could be personal use in some countries.

Whereas driving drunk, with no license and killing someone would be a serious crime....here it a daily occurrence.

Police do seem to prioritise crime where opportunities for a kickback are more likely.

This is hardly worthy of the headline.

Pattaya is in many way a human zoo .All types live there and I am sure there are many decent and honest people,its just we don't get to hear about them. The "bad eggs" are there and there is sure plenty of them.Its just the tip of the iceberg most likely. They have traditionally been protected by those with the power to do so and its unlikey to change in our lifetime. Does Thailand have an Elliot Ness ?

It wont change in the near future. I'm not faulting anyone for living there, or partying there. I see it like you do, a "Human Zoo" I just got bored of seeing a zoo on that level. I could see a smaller version of it going to Nana, and not have to sit in a car for 3 hours.

People take drugs all over the world. Pattaya happens to have a lot of foreigners. It is always going to be popular with cheap sunshine & good entertainment.

Which part of Thailand are you in, oh righteous one?

Well said by all.

Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand (followed closely by Phuket) and both are tourist destination filled with low-lifes. It is not a place for any family. It is not a place to visit for weekends. It is certainly not a place for nightime solace and watching the stars. The the majority of crime there seems to be a mixed challenge between the Thai's and the dodgy Farangs, and the Police win against both in the corruption stakes.

It is of no surprise to read about suicides, people being arrested with drugs, child prostitution, Russian mafia and so on. Ever since the days of Vietnam US (and others) gaining passes for R & R (raging n' rooting) Pattaya has enjoyed that reputation which like a festering sore, continues to pollute all who live there.

It attracts Thai's who make money from the growing debacle of human misery, the rip off merchants and the scammers. Selling real estate with no titles, money up front for condo purchases and no contract ability to complete. Other Farang come, build some condo's or do house renovations, quality is poor, prices double that of Thai rates and so on. Bars scamming Farang (and others) and so on. Other Farangs come to buy bars with inflated figures, do their ass*s, then sell on and don't mind ripping off the next sucker and on it goes. It is really the armpit of Thailand. I inform all my clients coming in and people asking for holidays - to avoid both the P's. and will continue to do so.

• Like 1

Well said by all.

Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand (followed closely by Phuket) and both are tourist destination filled with low-lifes. It is not a place for any family. It is not a place to visit for weekends. It is certainly not a place for nightime solace and watching the stars. The the majority of crime there seems to be a mixed challenge between the Thai's and the dodgy Farangs, and the Police win against both in the corruption stakes.

It is of no surprise to read about suicides, people being arrested with drugs, child prostitution, Russian mafia and so on. Ever since the days of Vietnam US (and others) gaining passes for R & R (raging n' rooting) Pattaya has enjoyed that reputation which like a festering sore, continues to pollute all who live there.

It attracts Thai's who make money from the growing debacle of human misery, the rip off merchants and the scammers. Selling real estate with no titles, money up front for condo purchases and no contract ability to complete. Other Farang come, build some condo's or do house renovations, quality is poor, prices double that of Thai rates and so on. Bars scamming Farang (and others) and so on. Other Farangs come to buy bars with inflated figures, do their ass*s, then sell on and don't mind ripping off the next sucker and on it goes. It is really the armpit of Thailand. I inform all my clients coming in and people asking for holidays - to avoid both the P's. and will continue to do so.

Laugh. Sounds like you've been around awhile. I hope you didn't go through all that, but I think most of us go through some of it initially.

Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand (followed closely by Phuket) and both are tourist destination filled with low-lifes.

. . . etcetc...

I inform all my clients coming in and people asking for holidays - to avoid both the P's. and will continue to do so.

Do you also recommend them to stay in their rooms and let nobody in? That would be real safe.

I do not see why Pattaya should be worsrt than Bangkok.It 's just a place where you can find anything you want. it's the best and the worst of Thailand packed in one small place.At least it s more colourful and less boring than the rest of Thailand.And more safe than 99 percent of the rest of the planet.

I do not see why Pattaya should be worsrt than Bangkok.It 's just a place where you can find anything you want. it's the best and the worst of Thailand packed in one small place.At least it s more colourful and less boring than the rest of Thailand.And more safe than 99 percent of the rest of the planet.

Read up. I would suggest the farangs and their families might see it differently. Just a guess. It's no skin off my a$$. Good luck to all.

Does Thailand have a Death Penalty for drug dealing? If so, have they actually imposed the Death Penalty for drug dealing? Time to get really tough on those low lifes that create misery in the world.

They have it, but rarely impose that penalty.

That's good news! Yet another one off the streets! :thumbsup:

yes, I agree with you. Remember Ya Ba is the worst drug that anyone can encounter. I wish something can be done more at the Mexican and US border....30 billion dollars paid by the Americans each year for buying drugs from Mexican drug smugglers..

The main thing is legalize drugs and when there is no value, then no one wants it... no more drugs and there will be Peace and happiness. Luckily, none of my families involve with any drug. ( sell of buy )

We did educate and educate our family members over and over again about the danger of taking drug even the prescription pill. Do not touch it...then we never have to deal with it. My heart and soul go for the family who is suffering and it is very painful to get addict to drugs...

Being in Pattaya (East) right now because i have a job for another 4 weeks in LCH.

i see a lot of "no hope Farangs" around here. Middle age, no job, short on money but want to stay there for ever in any way.

If you ask them what he is doing here you mostly get the answer "i am retired"

Retired??? With 40 years of age?????? :lol:

Pattaya is nice for a short time holiday no matter Family style or Walking Street style but after that i am more than happy to return to Bangkok.

Don't take it personal,

Lammbock :jap:

I think you should be saying u live in the cesspit of Asia,you compare Pattaya v Bangkok????

Pattaya is heaven compared to Bangkok