Ongoing When Returning From Penang

Please post after your visit as to how it went in Penang

Myself cannot find info and requirements for getting the Non Immigrant "0". 90 day Visa [the odd site in Asia I found had conflicting info eg: must be married to a Thai ? or must have a work permit ? + price 2000 baht on another site 2,300baht ?]

Next year need a total of 2 x Non Immigrant "0". 90 day Visas, before I can convert back to retirement extensions

Please post after your visit as to how it went in Penang

Myself cannot find info and requirements for getting the Non Immigrant "0". 90 day Visa [the odd site in Asia I found had conflicting info eg: must be married to a Thai ? or must have a work permit ? + price 2000 baht on another site 2,300baht ?]

Next year need a total of 2 x Non Immigrant "0". 90 day Visas, before I can convert back to retirement extensions

If you give some more details as to why you would qualify for a non-O we might be better able to help you.

For instance if married to a Thai you would qualify for a multiple non-O from Kuala Lumpur if you can show 100,000 baht in a bank account.

If you give some more details as to why you would qualify for a non-O we might be better able to help you.

For instance if married to a Thai you would qualify for a multiple non-O from Kuala Lumpur if you can show 100,000 baht in a bank account.

That is the problem no idea why or what is needed to qualify for a 90 day non-O.. Since early 2004 have been on yearly retirement extensions, owing to a problem last year do not the 800k until January 2012, Do not have a pension, early this year went to Perth and got a yearly multi '0' and of course was expecting to go and get the other yearly '0' there again which would have covered me well into 2012.. Perth closes next month so that option is out... UK simple is to far

Not married to a Thai, aged 60.. own house built for me in 2003/4 but of course is in a Thai friends name..

Will need new passport next year, my present on runs out Jan 2012, the thought was to get HK to send it to my friends address in HK and he would take it with him to UK [goes every month on business for 5 days] and send to Hull for a new '0' then I would fly to HK and pick it up, flying into Thailand with the new passport with new '0' Visa, but understand that is illegal as per another post..

Therefore next option fly out and back again for 30 day stamp + fly to ? for 90 day '0'Visa + extension, then new passport + fly ? for another 90days '0' = Jan 2012... As new passport + new '0' visa 30 days before end of this get the retirement yearly extension again. As it will be a NEW extension + new 800k = 1st year no need for the 3 months seasoning, am I correct ?

P.S. no idea so asking is there a problem to fly to KL for the day and re enter on the 30day stamp ? FOR 7 months ? but can you convert a 30 day stamp to a retirement extension ? says must have a Non Immigrant visa to convert ?

I am a person that like to plan well ahead.

Edited by ignis

Why not use the free tourist visas for awhile? You can obtain a two entry in Vientiane and that will cover almost six months with extension or stays. When you have the requirement amount in a bank account for retirement your can change a 30 day visa exempt or tourist visa entry to non immigrant as long as you have about 15 days remaining at a cost of 2,000 baht.

Why not use the free tourist visas for awhile? You can obtain a two entry in Vientiane and that will cover almost six months with extension or stays. When you have the requirement amount in a bank account for retirement your can change a 30 day visa exempt or tourist visa entry to non immigrant as long as you have about 15 days remaining at a cost of 2,000 baht.

Thanks, but as I said I am a person that like to plan well ahead. My Non Immigrant "0" from Perth will take me to the 1st week of April 2011.

'can change a 30 day visa exempt or tourist visa entry to non immigrant' is this done at Immigration ?

We have no idea if there will still be FREE two entry tourist visas in Vientiane after March, a much shorter trip time wise would be to KL or Penang, to get a good deal need to book 6 months in Advance so that is why I am looking to book flights next month + trying to make my passport last as long as possible.. entry to Cambodia or Laos Visa takes up a full page as well as another full page for Thai Visa + the in and out stamps.

It is likely Malaysia would issue at least one single entry non immigrant O visa on the basis of being over age 50 and intent to retire. And when/if they will not a tourist visa would most likely be provided.

School is also an option.

Many thanks..

Yes have looked at a 'ED' visa + school, problem is where I live, just 1x 4hrs per week for 50 weeks = 200 hrs will cost at least 50,000 baht just on petrol for my car... did ask a friend, has a friend Taxi driver would be 76,000 as a friend and booked every week + school fees + 1x ED visa + hotel + 3x 90 extensions = around 100,000 baht.

Remember about a year ago someone asking if there was a Thai language school in Nonthaburi, appears there was not, strange as so many non Thais live there + English + American schools etc.. for me would be only 35km away.