Import Duty On Posted Goods

gennisis

OUCH !!......a pie in UK costs 2GBP....in Thailand...11GBP:o

I have found in the past that parcels delivered by post have not been subjected to any duty.,, but today my 'investment';) of 4 Fray Bentos S&K pies drew a duty of 470 baht.

I know any courier delivery will get the charge but now it seems that the postal service and EMS are getting in on the act too.

I am expecting another parcel next week....chocolates .The suppliers in UK say that all duties and taxes have been paid but I cant see how they can say this.....I will see.

I just wish that the supermarkets like Rimping in CM would sell them.I have asked but have never seen them here

• 2 weeks later...

Gennisis would it not be a good idea to contact Rimping in CNX to see if they will stock Fray Bentos S&K pies and Thorntons chocolates. I am sure with the number of expats here they should be a good seller and maybe cheaper as they order in bulk. I will try and speak to the manager of Rimping Meechok

Gennisis would it not be a good idea to contact Rimping in CNX to see if they will stock Fray Bentos S&K pies and Thorntons chocolates. I am sure with the number of expats here they should be a good seller and maybe cheaper as they order in bulk. I will try and speak to the manager of Rimping Meechok

I had put in a request some time ago for Fray Bentos and also for smoked haddock.....never seen them!

• 1 month later...

I had put in a request some time ago for Fray Bentos and also for smoked haddock.....never seen them!

Fresh smoked and unsmoked haddock is available at the supermarket in Soi 11 Sukumvitt. Its about 100M down on your right, sorry I cant remember the same but they have a fantastic selection of Brit foods , pricey also

Great deli counter with tons of cheese/cold meats, pork pies, olives, just like back home. There is a meat section as well , all first class produce.

Noticed they had MCVities Plain Chocolate Digestive biscuits , yum,

I've been ordering a variety of teas from the U.S. lately, and having them delivered here by Thailand Post, and avoiding ripoffs like FedEx and DHL....

For those kinds of "food" items, with the packages having a real and declared value usually of about $30 per box, I've been getting hit with a 20-25% duty and VAT by the PO in Bangkok....

In contrast, some of the small electronics items I've had similarly shipped and delivered have arrived with little or no duty....