Farang Scams In Thailand

stumonster

Anyone who advises meeting violence with violence hasn't thought things through properly. For starters, most people on this board are incapable of tackling aggressive louts/bullies in this way. Second, if you get caught committing violence in a foreign country, the police view is that you're both guilty, even if a court in the west might decide it was justifiable.

As for scams, it's the old case of caveat emptor and not believing hard luck stories from strangers.

Who needs con-men to get ripped off. Just try living with a mate like I did. I went away for work for a week or so and arrived back to an apartment full of strange girls.....in my room.....this may not seem such a bad thing, but my mate was nowhere to be seen and they had gone right through all my stuff. I was ropable in my tin suit and I booted them all out on the spot, without head butting any of them I might add. Then a few weeks later i got the phone bill.......14,000 baht.......what the ####. My mate denied making any calls but the number in Phuket was his whore girlfriends number so I wonder who did make the calls. So I booted him out too and when I got back from work a few days later found that he had come into the apartment and turned on the water in the bath, left it running all over the parquet flooring .....destroying it of course.......I have not found him yet but........ :o

Most of these 'financial services advisors' get my hmobile no. when they buy their namecard lists. When these characters call me, I'm often out of Thailand. Like you I let them run their spiel, or let them wait, then I tell them "Do you realize your paying for a call to Shanghai?

Ehh, if they are calling your Thai mobile phone no and you are using it in Shanghai, YOU are paying for the international part of the call.

Most of these 'financial services advisors' get my hmobile no. when they buy their namecard lists. When these characters call me, I'm often out of Thailand. Like you I let them run their spiel, or let them wait, then I tell them "Do you realize your paying for a call to Shanghai?

Ehh, if they are calling your Thai mobile phone no and you are using it in Shanghai, YOU are paying for the international part of the call.

True. At least the system works like this in europe.

True. At least the system works like this in europe.

It works like that everywhere in the world I understand. The charges are at top top rate and don't form part of any ' plan ' you have with the phone company.