File Sharing Amongst Members

sillyman99

I was thinking as many people are suffering from ISP's throttling torrent traffic in Thailand, why not meet up in respective areas and copy directly from hard drive to hard drive, no need to go to Torrent sites.

I'm sure there are many members here with hundreds of movies and TV series that would be prepared to swap with other members who have different files.

For instance in Pattaya, people could meet up and exchange already downloaded files, in a designated place at a designated time, armed with laptops/Netbooks and external hard drives, few beers/Coffees, good way to meet people and everyones a winner.

There are several Direct Connect file sharing hubs in Thailand. These provide essentially the experience you are looking for, but without having to go to Pattaya. DC++ is a typical client. That should be enough to get you started? Perhaps you'll get some PM's?

Sounds illegal.

Maybe people have downloaded their own genuine paid for movies and TV series as a back up.

First, you lose the feeling of anonimity when not on the internet. Although we all know we're traceable, its feels safe.

backups of genuine paid for movies and TV series as a back up, are just that, backups. They're not legally shared or traded.

DC/IRC, etc aren't a bad idea, but the upload speeds that most people have here would prohibit any real sharing....

Stick to the torrents for now. I get download speeds of over 1100kbs on a 12mbs plan.

maybe look into a faster/better internet service plan?

Sounds illegal.

agree... but isn't that terrible... you can't get together socializing. helping each other and share stuff...

What you do in your own time (legal or otherwise) is of course your own business. But what you discuss on Thaivisa is controlled by the Forum Rules, as such discussion of illegal activities is not permitted.

That being the case I'm going to close this.

To the OP, search the older threads on this forum. TV used to be associated with one of the expat hubs before it was decided that discussion of file sharing was not permitted. I've no idea if the hub is still operating but it's worth a look.