Krabi Ya Bah Mules Arrested At Phuket Checkpoint

webfact

Krabi ya bah mules arrested at Phuket checkpoint

phuket-1-KjumWaF.jpg

SNIFFED OUT: Phuket police said "the smell of ya bah

was all over the truck" driven by the two suspects.

PHUKET: -- Police at Tah Chat Chai checkpoint on Saturday arrested two Krabi men in possession of 3,932 ya bah (methamphetamine) tablets with an estimated street value of nearly 1.2 million baht, police said.

At around 11am, officers led by Lt Col Thawat Tansakul stopped the Krabi-registered pickup being driven by Sayan Dumkeaw, 30, with Thirapong Naun-on, 21, as passenger.

“The smell of ya bah was all over the truck,” said Tah Chat Chai Police Superintendent Sakchai Limcharoen.

Police found the tablets hidden inside a tissue box in the truck, he said.

Mr Sayan, a palm oil farmer in Krabi, confessed that he was a ya bah addict, police said, and he had agreed to transport the drugs from Trang to Phuket in exchange for 6,000 baht and 30 ya bah pills.

He told police that he was to deliver the drugs to someone waiting at Phuket International Airport and that Mr Thirapong had been asked to accompany him for the trip.

The pair have been charged with drug possession.

Pol Col Sakchai said that since the beginning of August, Tah Chat Chai police have confiscated 27,481 ya bah pills with an estimated street value of over 8.2 million baht.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-09-20

I think the picture is funny. Where I am from, hunters and sport fishermen pose next to their buck deer or hold up their big fish. Why do you think the guys in hand cuffs are pointing at the alleged drugs? I assume they were instructed to point, which I think is pointless. Ha Ha that's a pun. Mr Thirapong, the rider is charged with drug possession. Maybe he knew about the drugs, maybe he is only guilty of riding in a smelly truck.

I think the picture is funny. Where I am from, hunters and sport fishermen pose next to their buck deer or hold up their big fish. Why do you think the guys in hand cuffs are pointing at the alleged drugs? I assume they were instructed to point, which I think is pointless. Ha Ha that's a pun. Mr Thirapong, the rider is charged with drug possession. Maybe he knew about the drugs, maybe he is only guilty of riding in a smelly truck.

That's the famous Thai perp-point. Keep watching these type of reports and you'll see the perp-point over and over.

The reason the do this, and re-enactments.. Is to reduce the workload and efficiency of a pretty shaky legal system.

By having the perp admit guilt in the cop shop, re-enact the crime, and or point and say 'those are my drugs' on record.. Means the case is open and shut in court, with the only question really being 'do they have any money to pay to reduce the sentence'.