Bomb Explodes At Condominium In Bangkok

webfact

Condos targeted now... This dudes really work hard to screw their homeland!!! :o

It's probably a business dispute. Somebody living in the condo is probably bidding for a contract in competition with somebody else. That's what most of the bombings and shootings are about. Down in the South, who knows? The government and the Army never identify the perpetrators or their motives, but former Prime Minister Anand said at least half of it was business related.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's news:

Pheu Thai exposes new power’s coup bid

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The opposition Pheu Thai Party has disclosed that a group of military leaders and politicians are trying to intervene in the Thai politics by inciting terror in order to orchestrate another coup d’état.

Pheu Thai Party Spokesperson Prompong Nopparit revealed that a group of military leaders and politicians known as “the new power”, is engineering a coup attempt. He said the group is trying to incite unrest incidents and chaos in a bid to seize the power and rule the country.

Mr Prompong then called for their patriotism and asked them to stop instigating violence to harm the country for its own political gains.

The spokesperson believed that if there was another coup, people would come out in opposition. He said Pheu Thai Party was of the opinion that anyone longing for power must obtain it through the democratic rules only.

Upon the fourth anniversary of the 19 Sep coup d’état and four months after the military cordoning operation, Mr Prompong demanded that Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva should investigate all related incidents and prevent repetition of such tragedies in Thailand.

I wonder if the ever read Pogo - "I have met the enemy and he is us!"

It seems to me that every time something like this happens the PTP always blame somebody in the government or the police or the military and now "the new power group".

What I seem to miss is that if they "know" who is behind the incidents why don't they name some names in all the Thai newspapers?

Pretty low tech all round, not just the bomb, the reporting as well.............

The explosion caused a hole, which is two feet wide and five centimeters deep

Please make up your mind, are we using metric or imperial units.

One pound of dynamite

Has Thailand ever used imperial units of measurement???

Does anyone use dynamite??

I thought it was all high tech like C4.

Well, it should be easy to steal dynamite. It's still used in rock quarrying. The thing that bothered me was the headline referring to TNT. Trinitrotoluene is not the same as dynamite, which is based on nitroglycerine, but apparently the editors at whatever that source was don't know about the difference. A pound of dynamite would make a nice noise but wouldn't do much damage unless is was confined somehow, like inside a metal pipe or casing. The M-80 firecrackers we used to have back in the States when I was a kid used dynamite, one ounce if I recall correctly. Not recommended to hold in your hand when they go off, but not terribly dangerous. Made a hole in the ground two feet in diameter and two inches deep? Not too impressive. An M-39 fragmentation grenade would have been a better instrument of terror, but probably the bomber parks his car in the same lot.

Yes, really not too impressive ! Obviously intended as a scare tactic .

One pound of dynamite -- that would be two standard sticks (0.25 kg each ) -- very easy to steal at a quarry or road construction site, where it is frequenlty used for breaking rocks.

A little trivia -- dynamite is the most famous invention of Alfed Nobel. who ranked right up there ( in his day) with the Russian Viktor Bout, as an arms dealer.. You don't know the name Alfred Nobel ? -- he bequeathed a large part of his fortune (from arms manufacture and sale) to start the Nobel Prize foundation -- you know, like the Nobel Peace Prize.

Edited by tigermonkey

Don't most Condo complex's have Security Personnel? How on earth did the bombers slip past them to get into the carpark? :ermm:

It's not very difficult to conceal one or two sticks of dynamite, and a flammable fuse . Just stuf it down your trousers -- you might look a little well-endowed, but nobody would question you .... or the obvious couple of hundred baht for the Security Guard.

Edited by tigermonkey

It will still kill you being in the wrong place nimrods.

It might be some facebook users after the block facebook today.

“ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก

กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร ได้มีคำสั่งให้ระงับการเผยแพร่เว็บไซด์ที่ท่านต้องการเข้าชม

เนื่องจากมีรูปภาพ ข้อความ และ เนื้อหาบางส่วนที่ไม่เหมาะสม สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่

กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร โทร 0 2141 6950”

is this ACTALLY a bomb???

Duh ! of course it's a Bomb !

Definitions of bomb on the Web:

• an explosive device fused to explode under specific conditions

It is indeed but that is the definition of a bomb (from the web: then it is) but you have anwered the wrong question : Dynamite is not a bomb sorry

What percentage of security guards are awake at midnight or so anyway? :rolleyes: Even if the guard was awake, they usually guard the lobby, not the entrance to the parking garage.

Maybe in those low-so complexes that some frequent, but we have armed security on our front gate entrance !

No doubt this will keep happening...while the current Government resists Democratic Elections...which i believe were due this November.

The previous general elections were held on the 23th of December 2007. The next will be four years later at the most. So not due yet!

In a bid to resolve the escalating protests in April - May this year the government proposed new elections in November. The UDD accepted, refused, put conditions, etc., etc. The rest is history.

Consequently the government was and is not bound to the November 2010 date whatever some may say.

Edited by rubl

It will still kill you being in the wrong place nimrods.

It might be some facebook users after the block facebook today.

�ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวà¸

à¸à¸£à¸°à¸—รวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศà¹à¸¥à¸°à¸à¸²à¸£à¸ªà¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸ªà¸²à¸£ ได้มีคำสั่งให้ระงับà¸à¸²à¸£à¹€à¸œà¸¢à¹à¸žà¸£à¹ˆà¹€à¸§à¹‡à¸šà¹„ซด์ที่ท่านต้องà¸à¸²à¸£à¹€à¸‚้าชม

เนื่องจาà¸à¸¡à¸µà¸£à¸¹à¸›à¸ à¸²à¸ž ข้อความ à¹à¸¥à¸° เนื้อหาบางส่วนที่ไม่เหมาะสม สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่

à¸à¸£à¸°à¸—รวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศà¹à¸¥à¸°à¸à¸²à¸£à¸ªà¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸ªà¸²à¸£ โทร 0 2141 6950�

Probably selective. I can still log-in :)

Any explosion for any reason of any man made devise is intent to murder. We can laugh at it or even scoff at it but reality is - it causes death and injury if anyone is near enough to the detonation.

This is as serious as it gets. If the Police can ever get off their collective rear ends and source the perpetrator, they need to be incarcerated for life.

It has nothing to do with politics or ideals of nut cases. This is out and out psychopathic behaviour and should be taken down with 'extreme prejudice'.

angry.gif

No doubt this will keep happening...while the current Government resists Democratic Elections...which i believe were due this November.

A not so thinly disguised support for red bomb-planting (and they have form for this)

Before the red may violence erupted, the red leaders were on the point of agreeing a deal with the government to run elections at the end of this year.

Thaksin said no and caused massive loss of face for the red leaders.

Thaksin never lets others challenge him for effective control so the rejection of a peace agreement was conveyed through Seh Daeng.

Seh Daeng was then shot and Arisman's 'burn down Bangkok' went into full swing but they were doomed by the small numbers of reds left.

Elections are scheduled for next year latest, but Thaksin (and the reds) strategy was always to bring down the government ahead of any election.

A few bombs and demonstrations are now a push to put pressure on the coalition parties.

Thaksin's message? 'We know where you live'.

Pretty low tech all round, not just the bomb, the reporting as well.............

The explosion caused a hole, which is two feet wide and five centimeters deep

Please make up your mind, are we using metric or imperial units.

One pound of dynamite

Has Thailand ever used imperial units of measurement???

Does anyone use dynamite??

I thought it was all high tech like C4.

Any explosion for any reason of any man made devise is intent to murder.

So mining activity, demolition work, quarrying, military exercises and the like where explosive devices are routinely used are intent to murder are they?

I think the comment was meant in context of this topic. But even some of what you wrote, like the army practicing to blow up things or people, is still murder if you are on the other side. War is just "sanctioned murder" but the families of the dead, still say he was killed or murdered by so and so. Keep on topic. The other poster was just expressing their point of view - if not so clearly for some.....I certainly agree that any explosive (not including fireworks) used in a public place, that is not intended for demolition or such legal purposes, or by other than an authorized person, is a murder device.

Let's have a game of 'Spot The Difference', shall we?

I certainly agree that any explosive (not including fireworks) used in a public place, that is not intended for demolition or such legal purposes, or by other than an authorized person, is a murder device.

Who can tell me which of these two posts clearly expresses it's intent?

Besides all of this, I'd like to know how the use of TNT was determined as the cause of the blast. Was a forensic investigation conducted?

Edited by elkangorito

So it is that easy to get TNT or other explosive devices,By now with issues going on all over the world some sort of control on buying or supplying these products would be in place.

Feel sorry for the people that where effected buy this action.

I started reading this but got distracted by 2 things... (a) a pound of tnt... wow.. firecracker. and (B) the amount of fricken ads on this site... cant believe you people put up with this blatant advertising even included in posts... not sure which uni the so called webmaster/noob went too, but its pretty laughable.

Let's have a game of 'Spot The Difference', shall we?

I certainly agree that any explosive (not including fireworks) used in a public place, that is not intended for demolition or such legal purposes, or by other than an authorized person, is a murder device.

Who can tell me which of these two posts clearly expresses it's intent?

Besides all of this, I'd like to know how the use of TNT was determined as the cause of the blast. Was a forensic investigation conducted?

By now the police can tell if it was an M79 launched grenade almost without looking. For this case they had to look at the spot and it seems it was obviously TNT, which probably means some of the stick still whirling around.