Bomb Explodes At Condominium In Bangkok

webfact

Bomb explodes at condominium in Bangkok

A bomb was detonated at the car park of a condominium in Bangkok's Dusit district early Tuesday, damaging a car.

No one was injured in the explosion at the Supawadee Tower on Soi Mitr Anan at 3:50 am.

The explosion caused a hole, which is two feet wide and five centimeters deep and shattered the windshield of a car parked there.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-21

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soi Mitr Anan, off Thanon SawanKhalok between NakhonChaiSri and SetSiri. That's about 1 - 1.5 Km from Chitlada Palace and about 1.2 Km from where I live. Haven't heard a bloody thing, when I sleep I sleep.

I think it's mostly Thai there, rich and poor. Waiting for more details.

Edited by rubl

TNT explosion at Condo in Ratchawat Area

One pound of dynamite exploded at the Supalai Condominium in the Ratchawat area at around 3:30 A.M. this morning. No injuries were reported, but a sedan belonging to a doctor at Chulalongkorn Hospital was damaged. Police are not ruling out personal conflict as a possible motive, but are also looking into the possibility that the attack was politically motivated.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-09-21

footer_n.gif

Any piece of action to extend the SOE? Perhaps? Maybe?

I am sorry SamritT, please tell me what is SOE? I know you may think, I am a dumbo; but still, am writing this. Want to learn short forms. hope you understand. Anil

OH!! I got it. State Of Emergency!! thanks

Edited by asawant03

Pretty low tech all round, not just the bomb, the reporting as well.............

The explosion caused a hole, which is two feet wide and five centimeters deep

Please make up your mind, are we using metric or imperial units.

One pound of dynamite

Has Thailand ever used imperial units of measurement???

Does anyone use dynamite??

I thought it was all high tech like C4.

I would expect a stroiy by te police soon that is designed to save face when this turns out either to an accidental explosion or something else.

Of course it could be an amateur bomb but they now no longer appear to be describing it as such but as "a stick of dynamite"

Pretty low tech all round, not just the bomb, the reporting as well.............

<snip>

Ok, then. 61 cm wide and 1.9685 inches deep.

• Like 1

<snip>

Ok, then. 61 cm wide and 1.9685 inches deep.

In other words it's just a nitnoi hole.

is this ACTALLY a bomb???

Duh ! of course it's a Bomb !

Definitions of bomb on the Web:

• an explosive device fused to explode under specific conditions

Its more like fire cracker.In Irak they laugh on this kind of bomb.

Yeh, course they do!! ('Ha ha ha, a mere noisy children's plaything!!') That is, unless o' course they lost their legs or a loved one to it, then they scream "F*** me, a bomb!!"!!!! Get a reality check!!!

• Like 1

Yesterday's news:

Pheu Thai exposes new power’s coup bid

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The opposition Pheu Thai Party has disclosed that a group of military leaders and politicians are trying to intervene in the Thai politics by inciting terror in order to orchestrate another coup d’état.

Pheu Thai Party Spokesperson Prompong Nopparit revealed that a group of military leaders and politicians known as “the new power”, is engineering a coup attempt. He said the group is trying to incite unrest incidents and chaos in a bid to seize the power and rule the country.

Mr Prompong then called for their patriotism and asked them to stop instigating violence to harm the country for its own political gains.

The spokesperson believed that if there was another coup, people would come out in opposition. He said Pheu Thai Party was of the opinion that anyone longing for power must obtain it through the democratic rules only.

Upon the fourth anniversary of the 19 Sep coup d’état and four months after the military cordoning operation, Mr Prompong demanded that Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva should investigate all related incidents and prevent repetition of such tragedies in Thailand.

I wonder if the ever read Pogo - "I have met the enemy and he is us!"

One pound of dynamite

Has Thailand ever used imperial units of measurement???

Does anyone use dynamite??

I thought it was all high tech like C4.

Well, it should be easy to steal dynamite. It's still used in rock quarrying. The thing that bothered me was the headline referring to TNT. Trinitrotoluene is not the same as dynamite, which is based on nitroglycerine, but apparently the editors at whatever that source was don't know about the difference. A pound of dynamite would make a nice noise but wouldn't do much damage unless is was confined somehow, like inside a metal pipe or casing. The M-80 firecrackers we used to have back in the States when I was a kid used dynamite, one ounce if I recall correctly. Not recommended to hold in your hand when they go off, but not terribly dangerous. Made a hole in the ground two feet in diameter and two inches deep? Not too impressive. An M-39 fragmentation grenade would have been a better instrument of terror, but probably the bomber parks his car in the same lot.