Thai Man Sentenced To Death For Killing 5Y-Old Boy

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a kick out of all of you key board warriors and how you would kill this guy or cut him into little pieces. Generally the ones who do the most talking are the least likely to do anything.

Have any of you guys ever drawn a weapon on another human being with the intent of using it, well I have on several ocassions and it is not an experience one would want to go looking for.

Yes a henious crime but it not the movies boys real blood and real stink, pissing in pants, crapping in shorts death is not a pretty sight

Think about what you are saying, yes in a moment of passion or to save your life you might be able to kill some one.

He hacked up a 5 year old, if it was my son I would be doing the chopping, probably in a fit of rage and shock at the time, but yes I would do it! we are discussing the death penalty and if its right.

so wind your neck in and join in on the chat.

do you believe in the death penalty for this guy or do you think after a couple of years inside he could turn into a model citizen?

I think it would be better for everybody including this monster if he were to be put down in the worst possible way. it may, just may stop another person from doing the same thing.

No I donot believe in the death penality nor someone walking free after a few years of imprisonment. To many people here in the states have been released on DNA evidence after years in jail that they didn't commit the crime they were convicted of usually a rape. many times convicted of a crime by prosecutor malfesance of with holding evidence and so called eye witness identification of defendant. Eye witness accounts have been proven to be unreliable.

If this guy did the crime he should do the time. if the Thai court sentence him to death then that is the courts decision right or wrong.

still, capital punishment is a big NO NO

It doesn't solve anything.

Keep this people separated from the public forever.

Oh dear, here we go again with another turn the other cheek do gooder :ermm:

It doesn't solve anything? Give me a break it does two things:

1. Negates us (read that normal people who pay taxes and wouldn't even consider something like this) from paying for the upkeep of this vermin for the rest of his life and

2. Stops repeat offenders.

When you have someone close to you suffer at the hands of something like this come back and tell us. Loser.......... :angry:

I feel safer here in Bangkok than I would in any major city in Europe or America.

Yup. I meant that.

Not saying that my wallet is safer too of course.

Being here for decades, me myself have zero experience of being robbed. A small "social cheating" (while bargaining on the market or "Sorry mista I got no change!!") in the taxis, but nothing more than just that.

Of course if I'll be walking in the night with the fists full of cash (as someone mentioned above - the girl has 200.000 along with her, may I ask - "What the way the driver knows this in advance??"), so the poor locals will be directly provocated and this all may end with some troubles, thus.... I am just too smart not to do so, and staying out of troubles for years. And this applies to ALL countries - just use your brain the way it is created for. Yep, Thais are hardly thinking and planning their actions 2-3 steps ahead from now - but it is NOT an excuse for the murderer.

May everyone here staying safe too.

Been here since 91',my experience is that my wallet is safer too actually :) Didn't dare to write that though, there are so many uninformed who knows everything after all the bar stool discussions :D

What was the motive, relationships between the people and the circumstances leading to the murders?

Can there be any motive for the brutal murder of a 5 year old child?

How about pure evil to begin with?

Surely there is more to the story than what was written in the original post of this thread. e.g. it was revealed by others in this thread that there was another person who survived the ordeal. It's a very poor article if that is true. I'm just trying to picture how it all came to be like this, as the news article is sorely lacking in details. I am one who likes detail and analysis.

So it seems that the primary motive was money, and the murdered boy was killed because he was in the way, maybe defending his mother.

It mentions that an intensive investigation had taken place - so what pieces of evidence led to his capture? What statements did the survivor make?

What was the past history of the driver? Could he have committed similar crimes in the past, and only this time he was caught?

What was he like as a person in everyday life?

Edited by hyperdimension

I can't believe how unforgiving and ruthless some of the previous posts are. While it's terrible with what has happened to the victim, Thailand should also think about rehabilitation. What good is it to have this guy (and heaps of other prisoners) just rot in jail and do nothing???? Heaps of research suggests that if criminals are jailed, when released they are more likely to offend. I know what this allegedly did was terrible, but I'm all for rehabilitation. Also, in the long run, it would be more easy on the tax payers wallet to rehabilitate this guy and get him back out into society where he can be an active member, working, paying taxes like everyone else.

Do you honestly think that the father of the murdered 5-year-old should have to pay for rehabilitation of the one who killed his son?

I have a 5-year-old daughter myself and I would petition for a deduction of the money I had to pay if that happened to me, give me my 0.1 satang back, it is not humane that I should have to pay for rehabilitation of the murderer of my child - But then, Thailand doesn't have this problem :)

I don't support the death penalty, give me a better option and I go for it. The option must include fair treatment of innocent tax payers like the boys father and me which exclude anything but the cheapest solution

I don't know if the father of the murdered boy pays tax but that is not the point, the emphasis should be on the innocent, that is the point

The problem with the death penalty in Thailand is that there is a strong possibility that a person being executed may not be responsible for the murder. Thailand's police do engage in some interrogation techniques that are of concern. The gathering and analysis of crime scene evidence is not consistent and the collection and analysis of DNA is not a formality.

Please keep in mind that there have been many people on Death row in the USA that have been exonerated of their crimes. In Canada and the UK there have been several cases of people convicted of horrific murders that were eventually cleared. They were not freed on technicalities but on the basis of DNA analysis that showed they were not the killers or rapists. If so called advanced western nations cannot guarantee the reliability of an investigation, can Thailand be any better?

Of those willing to perform the execution of a condemned person, would you also be willing to accept the death penalty if it was later discovered that the person you executed was in fact not guilty? The advantage of not executing someone is that it at leasts prevents an error from being compounded.

I'm in favour of the death penalty, provided the right person is convicted with 100% certainty. That means no forced confessions at te hands of the police and no fiddling with the evidence.

And feed them forever by my tax money (the money I've working hard for)? And pay/support the guards, fences, courts, jails etc??

No, thanks! I better feed one more homeless dog - they do NOT deserve ignorance, as those CREATURES do.

If you're concerned about your tax money you should be the death penalties biggest opponent. Much more expensive than life imprisonment.

I am glad the caught the guy.

Difference of opinion is good so don't take offence please. I am glad that Thailand does not have the problem of death sentence being more important than life imprisonment

So - Correction: It is cheaper to impose death penality than life imprisonment in Thailand

I get a kick out of all of you key board warriors and how you would kill this guy or cut him into little pieces. Generally the ones who do the most talking are the least likely to do anything.

Have any of you guys ever drawn a weapon on another human being with the intent of using it, well I have on several ocassions and it is not an experience one would want to go looking for.

Yes a henious crime but it not the movies boys real blood and real stink, pissing in pants, crapping in shorts death is not a pretty sight

Think about what you are saying, yes in a moment of passion or to save your life you might be able to kill some one.

He hacked up a 5 year old, if it was my son I would be doing the chopping, probably in a fit of rage and shock at the time, but yes I would do it! we are discussing the death penalty and if its right.

so wind your neck in and join in on the chat.

do you believe in the death penalty for this guy or do you think after a couple of years inside he could turn into a model citizen?

I think it would be better for everybody including this monster if he were to be put down in the worst possible way. it may, just may stop another person from doing the same thing.

what about the infamous drunk drivers erasing whole families and/or take away the mom or dad from a little child? Any medicine?

Give 'em a chance and they do it again, since drunk driving is a cavaliers delict.

Drink driving is a good sample elcent. One of the things America is doing reasonably well - I remember the wonderful little piece about a drunk driver who ran over and killed 2 innocent on a zebra crossing and received 2 life time sentences. Stay in jail until you die, then until you die in next life too. It costs though and the sad thing is that it is the innocent who have to pay for it

I am for hard treatment of criminals, one of the reasons for that is that I make a point of living my life following the law, I am a dying breed, I get irritated with myself if I find myself breaking the law unnecessarily. I am not all for the death penality but I am all for fair treatment of the innocent (including innocent tax payers)

Drink drivers do very often fall back and danger the lifes of others again and again and again. Is it a failure of the system in the western world that governments can't handle that properly and protect the innocent?

I think so

still, capital punishment is a big NO NO

It doesn't solve anything.

This is all very well if you are prepared to take on the responsibility (and the cost) of keeping him (alive and separated).