Should Street Prostitutes Be Cleared From Pattaya Beach Road?

Jingthing

Should street prostitutes be cleared from Pattaya beach road?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Took a walk last night on Pattaya Beach road last night from the Klang down to walking street.

I am sorry, I think this is too much.

Prostitutes lining the route thick as banana bunches.

I am the opposite of a moralist, but for the sake of quality of life for both residents and tourists, including sex tourists, I think this has become intolerable.

What do YOU think?

• Like 1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old and ugly ones should be sent home. The young pretty ones should be encouraged to stay, and to bring their friends (provided that they are also pretty/cute). Provided they are not aggressive/offensive, what is the problem? They add an interesting alternative to what seems to be the other option for Beach Road in Pattaya -- street vendors.

• Like 1

Talk is cheap unless there are some methods provided to facilitate the process.:ph34r: I suggest the following;

-Hire some university kids to drive by tossing water balloons.

- Install CCTV streaming live from the area. Folks can tune in to see who is trying to score some nookie from the fuglies.

- Have a website where photos are posted. Prizes can be awarded for identifying the johns.

- Have farangs that are arrested for soliciting forced to call the wife/bf/gf and inform the person that they have a thing for cheap hookers. Then oblige the person to offer and pay for the partner's testing for an STI.

- Purchase a heavy duty street cleaner that has one of those pressure hoses that comes along and sprays the johns and their honies to be.

- Drive by pie tossing, where people throw custard or cream pies at the johns. They can be featured on youtube as creampied johns of the day.

- Organize laugh at the loser tours. Basically, you get tourists and locals to join a guide on a walking tour of hooker alley and every so often the group can stop point, laugh and yell Loooooooooozer when they see the icky johns.

- Arrest the repeat offenders and have them where a placard that says I am a pathetic loser and tried to solicit sex from a really, really ugly prostitute with an infectious disease. My wife and kids are very proud of me. The person can stand in the arrivals section of BKK or sit on a chair outside a major shopping mall.

- Collect all the johns, issue them coupons for 1 feee sexual act and tell them to enjoy amongst themselves.

It's sarcasm. mmkay. :D

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 2

The old and ugly ones should be sent home. The young pretty ones should be encouraged to stay, and to bring their friends (provided that they are also pretty/cute). Provided they are not aggressive/offensive, what is the problem? They add an interesting alternative to what seems to be the other option for Beach Road in Pattaya -- street vendors.

I couldn't agree with Jingthing enough.

You are right, I don't know where they would go, but it is the fact that there so many and they are so obvious. A blight for Pattaya.

Don't get me wrong, I know the reputation of Pattaya, but these girls/boys just don't help "the image" so to speak.

unsure.gif

I've only been to Pattaya twice. The first time was to hook up with a couple of friends on holiday, several years ago, and could not, really not, believe the hordes of tarts along the beach road. Never seen anything like it anywhere, and I've traveled a lot!

But this was at night.

The second time was a day out away from Bangkok. As I sat beneath a tree on the beach, in a 30 baht deckchair, being fed and watered by passing hawkers, enjoying conversation with fellow expats, both couples and tourists, I thought, this is the way Pattaya should always be. Not some fckfest cum (pun intended) sundown.:bah:

Edited by evanson

The police periodically try to clean it up, but it doesn't last long.

With so many places of employment closing and/or cutting back in staff, they have no place to go to sell their wares. It's a sign of the times.

I personally find it interesting to watch the 'show'. Makes for good cheap entertainment.

The police periodically try to clean it up, but it doesn't last long.

With so many places of employment closing and/or cutting back in staff, they have no place to go to sell their wares. It's a sign of the times.

I personally find it interesting to watch the 'show'. Makes for good cheap entertainment.

its so funny , there is more hookers in thailand than their are women in my country . stick them all on a island and then sink it . maybe a firing squad should do the trick

So, if the girls on Beach Road mysteriously disappeared tonight, the "image" of Pattaya would dramaticly improve. Are you kidding? With the 100+ go go bars on and around Walking Street and the 1000+ more beer/girl bars on Second Road and the surrounding vacinity, "Pattaya's image" is well establshed and broadly grounded. It has little to do if anything with the girls sitting on Beach Road. And if they weren't being "engaged" regularly, they would disappear very quickly. From what I have observed, they do not harrass or annoy people walking on Beach Road or make people feel uncomfortable. When an effort is made to "clean up" Beach Road, there will other activities and locations that will also be "cleaned up". So, be careful what you wish for, one of those activities or locations under attack may be something that you enjoy and in which you involve yourself. That is how "prohibition" and those that engage in it work.

If the 'other 'activities' are the 'showrooms' for the sex trade for which Pattaya is famous (infamous). GOOD.

If you got rid of all the beach road prostitutes - more tourists would walk the beach road

More tourists walking the beach road - more vendors setting up stalls to sell rubbish to tourists

More vendors setting up stalls to sell rubbish to tourists - less room to walk along the beach road hassle free

Less room to walk along the beach road hassle free - a Thai Visa poll to see if beach road vendors should be removed.......

• Like 1

If a guy who didn’t eat bananas said bananas should be banned would you take him seriously?

Although you asked some qualifying information you missed the big qualifier.

Do you use beach road hookers?

As much as it is interesting information you have not approached the real topic.

The cops make money from the girls. The pimps make money from the girls. The stores make money from the girls. What about them?

The customers use the girls. What about them?

I think religion should be banned. I think all told it is the biggest harm in the world. I can make a case from before the crusades. But then again I don’t use religion. So I am not a good person to ask.

It would be as dumb asking me about religion as Geriatricked about prostitutes. Or Jingthing if he gets excited about the female body.

If I remember correctly Jingthing is revolted by women’s bodies. I don’t think he is a good person to listen to about women.

You remember INCORRECTLY. I did start a poll about the opinion of a famous writer. Read better, please.

In any case, my feeling would not be different even if it was mostly male prostitutes. I would STILL want to be able to hang out on the water without being constantly solicited.

Anyway, this isn't about stamping out prostitution. This is about making the beach promenade walk a PLEASANT thing for all kinds of people. This is a beach resort city, for Satan's sake, which is attracting ALL kinds of people now, and that is a good thing. A stroll on the beach promenade is a great feature for urban beach resorts throughout the world, but I daresay Pattaya has got the most whores on the beach. Would you take your family with children there the second time after you saw all those whores? Go go bars/beer bars/freelancer bars are an entirely different thing, you can go in there or not. You can walk down Soi 6, or not, but if you go to a beach resort city and can't take a beach promenade walk, you do indeed give credible ammunition to those with PDS (Pattaya Derangement Syndrome).

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

lol lol lol agree with you thailand is for thai people

lol lol lol agree with you thailand is for thai people

What percentage of these Thai people that you care about so much do you reckon are STREET PROSTITUTES?

Does this tiny percentage of this population DESERVE to spoil the atmosphere for the vast majority of people?

Don't kid yourselves, Pattaya IS becoming Bangkok by the sea. There always will be prostitution here just as there is in Bangkok, but like Bangkok, there does need to be more ZONING of it. Are there lines of whores at the Temple of the Golden Buddha? Pattaya is a beach resort, the beach does not NEED to be overrun with whores. There is no problem getting one in one minute if you require one, they don't need to occupy the beach. That's selfish.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Clean the beach up and water surrounding it first. ;) Right now no need to do anything until this is done. So leave it be. B)

Why not BOTH?

In any case, at NIGHT people aren't there to swim or sit on the beach, they are out for a pleasant promenade. Anyone been to Puerto Vallarta and their beach promenade walk? It's fabulous and yes there are some whores on the street there, but about 5 percent of Pattaya. Tourists, all kinds, tend to go for a walk on the beach most every night. It is a resource for all the people in town, not ONLY the sex trade.

Dunno never bothered me - I walk from A to B, no issues Jing. Besides all your whinging not going to change a BIB sponsored venture. :whistling:

It likely will change someday. You are right, not yet. I am ahead of my time on this one, I am certain.

If you were an Indian family here with your young children, would you enjoy walking down Pattaya beach at night?

Pattaya IS becoming more of a family destination. It doesn't mean the other stuff needs to go away, but those whores are indeed RUINING the beach here for families.

Edited by Jingthing