Prenuptial Or No Prenuptial?

Hollywood3000

First, I'm almost 100% sure I would never marry a Thai woman, that's just me and I was married once and that's enough. BUT...if I did fall for a high so gal, what would be my best bet to guard myself from the lies and deceit of a smoking hot Thai woman? I hear so many stories about these expats who are taken to the cleaners after they take their Thai wives out of Thailand, wow, big mistake, but what if you do this? Prenuptial?

A 'hi-so' Thai is highly unlikely to consider marrying a foreigner.

If you have such a low opinion of Thai females........best not to even consider them in the first place.

Pretty pointless post I think.

Oh no, I have a very high opinion of all Thai women it's just that through experience I have found that I get along better with career Thai women. Maybe I should have said career instead of Hi-So. And maybe you should take it easy mate.

• 4 weeks later...

A pre-nup is the obvious solution. A recent court case even means they are now valid in the uk. A pre-nup doesn't mean you don't respect the woman you are marrying. It just means you are safeguarding your assets in the event that the marriage breaks down. Nothing more than an insurance policy.

• 2 weeks later...

A prenup protects husband and wife and having a prenup and she/he still marrying you filters out those who would otherwise mainly seek financial gain.

Hi-so women would/do indeed hook up with a non thai if the chemistry is right. Probably saferbet if wife has equal or greater assets.

A 'hi-so' Thai is highly unlikely to consider marrying a foreigner.

If you have such a low opinion of Thai females........best not to even consider them in the first place.

Pretty pointless post I think.

Oh no, I have a very high opinion of all Thai women it's just that through experience I have found that I get along better with career Thai women. Maybe I should have said career instead of Hi-So. And maybe you should take it easy mate.

What you are trying to say is "not a bar girl", correct?

A pre-nup is the obvious solution. A recent court case even means they are now valid in the uk. A pre-nup doesn't mean you don't respect the woman you are marrying. It just means you are safeguarding your assets in the event that the marriage breaks down. Nothing more than an insurance policy.

Better still, just don't get married. What's the point? You have nothing to gain. And you have everything to lose.

• 1 month later...