Best Bus Service To Bkk

batami

Um, no. VIP refers to a type of seating configuration, typically 32 seats that recline really far. Then there's 'Super VIP', as offered by NCA and also the government B.K.S. '99999' service, which has three seats across for a total of 24 seats.

Many government licensed and controlled companies that depart from Arcade offer VIP buses. A few offer Super-VIP.

When in doubt, check the number of seats. And check out the actual bus if possible.

NCA is very professional, though they drive a little bit too slow & sensible.

In terms of comfort and safety, none come close to the train. Though the train is *REALLY* slow. However if arrival time is not an issue, then 13 hours spent eating, drinking and sleeping is better than 10 hours spent awake looking at rainy Thai highways at night and eating horrible watery rice soup somewhere outside of Kamphaeng Phet.

Um, no, the NCA website makes no mention of "VIP". They have first class 21 seats, gold class 32 seats, silver class 40 seats, and economy class 43 seats.

I went into a travel agent at the moat. She said 300 to KSR. The next place I checked said 850 and that the 300 people will steal your stuff. I went with the 300, that leaves PTT across the street from Central Airport. A mini-van picked me up and took me there. It was less than 10 hours. My possessions were locked in a cage underneath, where no one could tamper. The drivers were super professional and safe. I am a licensed school bus driver in America. It was 2 x 2 across. The only one I know that is 1 x 2 is green vip to Chiang Rai. If it had been full and I had to sit next to the OP; it would have been cramped. Still, way more room than economy class on a jet. I will give them an "A". KSR is a filthy dump. However, if you walk three blocks away, there are nice clean, wide sidewalks, and many ways to travel. I actually saw a dog on a leash for the first time in Thailand. I was one of three farangs at the Royal Turf Club yesterday (out of 15,000). It was great. Unfortunately, my horse "Line of Gold" finished fourth.

Well, now I am more confuseder than ever.

Keeping for no particular reason to the subject of "Bus Service" (not trains) to Bkk (not China), and a bus, I think there is support for NSA. I think.

But someone apparently fluent in Thai tells us that there is no such term as VIP on their web site, as written in Thai.

Am I correct in thinking that if I book with NSA, first class, that I will be most comfortable and feature filled bus - in others' experience?

(OP, sorry if I'm confusing things, but I'd like to know for the future.)

Edited by CMX

Well, now I am more confuseder than ever.

Keeping for no particular reason to the subject of "Bus Service" (not trains) to Bkk (not China), and a bus, I think there is support for NSA. I think.

But someone apparently fluent in Thai tells us that there is no such term as VIP on their web site, as written in Thai.

Am I correct in thinking that if I book with NSA, first class, that I will be most comfortable and feature filled bus - in others' experience?

(OP, sorry if I'm confusing things, but I'd like to know for the future.)

I take it you mean NCA even though you say NSA. At the Arcade Bus Station at the NCA terminal it is listed on their schedule and boards as VIP.

OK. Actually, that could be the perfect answer, one term (appealing in English) for billboard advertising at the station and Thai terms for postings on their site. Good thing it isn't flowers; I can never tell whether lotus is better than blossom.

And yes, NCA was some sort of typing error, sorry.

I'm going over there and look, just for my own satisfaction for the future. All my previous buses have been double-deckers, so I've likely used a different company, explaining in part my puzzlement.

What's very handy about NCA is that if you live far away from the Arcade Bus Station you can book by phone easily. Their Bangkok Reservations Telephone No. is 02936 3000. The operator's English was excellent when I booked First Class earlier this month. They give you a six digit reservation number. You can then pop down to a 711 immediately - there is a 24 hour time limit. You pay the ticket price plus a 25 baht supplement. And out pops from the cash register the receipt/bus ticket with date/time of departure and seat number. Priceless - saved me a lot of time and travel to the Bus Station to make an advance reservation from where I live.

I just bought a ticket with NCA 1st class to BKK

Just like what the previous contributors have mentioned -- 1st Class = most expensive, least seats, extra benefits

Thanks!

How many seats and what is the cost?

3 across

24 total

800 and change (TGF has the receipt)

Just like what the previous contributors have mentioned -- 1st Class = most expensive, least seats, extra benefits

Thanks!

3 across

24 total

Thank you PlanteX.

Thanks!

3 across

24 total

Thank you PlanteX.

I just did it last Wednesday......it's 806 Baht 'First Class'...........and remember it's only the 21.20 and 22.20 services to Bangkok that are 'First Class'

Sorry, can't read Thai yet.

Looking at the schedule posted (thanks) by Wimpy, I see other "first class" buses. Could we be getting back to WtK's idea of a divided BEST class?

I mean, it does say on a morning departure that the thing is "First Class" as well, But there is an additional line (from 2 night time departures) that are missing.

What's missing, if anyone knows?

Sorry to be so finicky, but I can't figure out what "perks" would be missing from a daytime bus that I'd like in the night departures, as then I'd wanna sleep.

I have forgotten the booth numbers, but the VIP busses between cnx and bkk have only three seats across. Passengers not only have a wide seat, but good leg room. And a choice between one or two across, if one books ahead. Something around 800+ baht. (Rest room can be memorable.) When I last used them, I was carrying a ton of luggage.

Last I checked, there were (coming this way) routes starting out at 9 a.m as well as 9 p.m., and a third I think. I also seem to recall that these were those that were "government" run. I found them very comfortable and they include the cheap snack - plus, daytime at least, a stop with a voucher for food as well. Earplugs might be wise, if you dislike TV on a bus.

I am only 5' 8" and had trouble reaching the foot rest on the seat in front of me. Great ride only way to travel.:clap2:

Looking at the schedule posted (thanks) by Wimpy, I see other "first class" buses. Could we be getting back to WtK's idea of a divided BEST class?

I mean, it does say on a morning departure that the thing is "First Class" as well, But there is an additional line (from 2 night time departures) that are missing.

Sorry to be so finicky, but I can't figure out what "perks" would be missing from a daytime bus that I'd like in the night departures, as then I'd wanna sleep.

If your on a VIP cost about 700 baht, four across, Two TV s up front, all sound in Thai, Lumbar support, blankets to help fight off the ice cold ac.:lol: Free on board food snacks and sometimes hot food. One stop for food stretch legs and grab a fag. And I want to say four other stops for passengers on and off. I thank the only thing you get for another 100 baht is 3 across seating and your on TV in the back rest. Sound still in Thai.

If your on a VIP cost about 700 baht, four across, Two TV s up front, all sound in Thai, Lumbar support, blankets to help fight off the ice cold ac.:lol: Free on board food snacks and sometimes hot food. One stop for food stretch legs and grab a fag. And I want to say four other stops for passengers on and off. I thank the only thing you get for another 100 baht is 3 across seating and your on TV in the back rest. Sound still in Thai.

The extra line on #7 says "only Bangkok to Chiang Mai".

The extra line on #11 says "only Chiang Mai to Bangkok"

The seats on first class look much nicer than gold class, which I assume is the same as "VIP".

First Class

first.jpg

Gold Class

gold.jpg

What's very handy about NCA is that if you live far away from the Arcade Bus Station you can book by phone easily. Their Bangkok Reservations Telephone No. is 02936 3000. The operator's English was excellent when I booked First Class earlier this month. They give you a six digit reservation number. You can then pop down to a 711 immediately - there is a 24 hour time limit. You pay the ticket price plus a 25 baht supplement. And out pops from the cash register the receipt/bus ticket with date/time of departure and seat number. Priceless - saved me a lot of time and travel to the Bus Station to make an advance reservation from where I live.

It used to be that the six digit reservation number (at least from BKK to CM) was only valid for 3 hours.

The seats on first class look much nicer than gold class, which I assume is the same as "VIP".

First Class

first.jpg

Gold Class

gold.jpg

Have to admit they do look nice,:D

The night time First Class buses don't stop at all from my experience's....6 times. Your in-seat screens show you movies in English, Thai and sub-titles are available on others. Plenty of games to play too. The 'Hot' food is brought to the bus pre-heated but by the time it gets served about half an hour into the journey, or longer, it is naturally either tepid or just plain cold. Lots of free snacks and drinks and also hand cream, hand wipes etc provided and if you want more just ask the smiling young Lass.

It is also noticeable that NCA First Class buses don't seem to get stopped at Police check points. Again; this is my experience and it may not always be the same but I see many other types of bus stopped at check points and we just sail through.

The night time First Class buses don't stop at all from my experience's....6 times. Your in-seat screens show you movies in English, Thai and sub-titles are available on others. Plenty of games to play too. The 'Hot' food is brought to the bus pre-heated but by the time it gets served about half an hour into the journey, or longer, it is naturally either tepid or just plain cold. Lots of free snacks and drinks and also hand cream, hand wipes etc provided and if you want more just ask the smiling young Lass.

It is also noticeable that NCA First Class buses don't seem to get stopped at Police check points. Again; this is my experience and it may not always be the same but I see many other types of bus stopped at check points and we just sail through.

I'm envious. FYI VIP does not get stopped at police check points either. I Was on a NCA VIP to Pattaya last year where the bus was stopped down by Tak and a couple, man and women were taking off and not returned to the bus. Only time I have seen this. I do see allot of double decker buses pulled over by the authoritizes. Apparently NCA only has the first class bus on their Chaing Mai to Bangkok route. I do take the bus between Chiang Mai and Surin and they only have VIP which is OK for me, BUT I would take the First Class.:D

"I thank the only thing you get for another 100 baht is 3 across seating and your on TV in the back rest." - gotlost

I don't know why I find 3 across seating inviting, but I do:rolleyes:. Sitting in a single, I might not be listening to the sound levels for the whole bus from the front. I do know that other companies offer three seats across in the daytime, charge 806 as I recall. Snack and a stop for lunch (voucher), but none of the rest. On a nice day, very scenic up north. 65 kilos of mine carried free of charge in the hold.

Edited by CMX