Beauty Regime

Nat

Sorry to disappoint Nat, but there is absolutely no self-discipline involved, none of those things appeal. NOW if you asked me to give up chocolate I would probably have to kill you :o . But then, I justify myself by saying, I don't smoke, don't drink, don't sunbathe and am not overweight so I can have my chocolate!. Got really excited yesterday when I found Reese's peanut butter cups in the local supermarket. Couldn't believe my eyes! I have never seen them in Asia before. They got a little melty on the way home but after popping them in the fridge to re-form, MMMMM! :D Amazing how great the little things can be here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW if you asked me to give up chocolate I would probably have to kill you :o .

Now chocolate is something I could easily give up :D . Only crave it at that time of the month, besides it also triggers my migraines (esp dark chocolate). Only discovered this after being given a bag of chocolate from the Cadbury's factory - apart from the headaches was also throwing up for about a week. :D

Apparently chocolate releases the same endorphins as sex (understand why you like it sbk :D ) - guess I have to stick to the real thing seeings one gives me a headache :D

• 3 months later...
Hey Nat, you really got me wanting to try the SK II now! :D And how did you find Johnson's pure essentials shine-free face powder ?

I should be their sales rep :D

The face powder does the trick of eliminating the shine, however it dries up my skin and accentuates the fine lines :o (then again, I could just be paranoid :D). Don't use it often as my skin is looking great at the mo :D

Yeah maybe you should, Nat! :D I checked their website the other day, took the little test they offer so I got an idea of products I should be using for my skin type (dry, wrinkling, aging, sagging, freckling, spotting... :D:o:D Anyway, the next time I'm in Bkk, I'll go check at the Emporium cosmetic counters...

Just avoid using the powder nearby the eye zone :D

note: I had to resend this post a few times because it kept saying: "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message". Must try to control my emotions a bit, huh?...

Apparently chocolate releases the same endorphins as sex (understand why you like it sbk :D )

What do you mean, Nat?

Sbk likes it because she likes the alternative way of releasing those endorphins

Or

Sbk likes it because she can not get enough of the alternative...

:o:D:D

Just avoid using the powder nearby the eye zone

Funny you should mention that due to my irrational fear of crows feet :D

Have to admit you're not the only convert :D - a good friend used to be a professional dancer so here skin is quite damaged from all the stage makeup and swears by the stuff (along with everyone else who tries it :D).

Bluecat - one can't get enough of a good thing :o as sbk has confirmed :D

Nat, we share the same fear, that's why! :D  Except that you still have great skin while I am already drying and wrinkling and sagging and drying...  :o

According to Vogue it won't be so great if I continue drinking :D.

Actually it's the uv I'm worried about, have an aversion to putting on sunscreen - think it’s due to a childhood of my mum basting me in it and zinc before being allowed to go and have fun (I’m unconsciously rebelling :D).

No wonder your skin is great!! I hope you thank your mom over and over!!! What sunblock do you use? I used to use Shiseido's Anessa (great because it's not oily) but now I am using something less fancy which works as well (I think... I hope!)

What sunblock do you use?

(I’m hanging my head in shame as I write this :o) apart from my facial moisturiser (with spf) I rarely ever wear sunscreen. However, on the odd occasion I do worry about getting burnt to a crisp I wear Aveda’s sunscreen – not greasy and smells lovely.

I finally discovered how to prevent my extremely fair skin from burning on my last trip to LOS. I carefully observed the local ladies, on the streets and in a couple of drugstores. I looked at how much of what was available on drugstore shelves.

So I quit wearing my SPF 30 sunscreen, which got into my eyes and burned when I perspired. I did wear Oil of Olay whitening UVA/B sunblock lotion and a cream/powder foundation with titanium dioxide as the one of the first two ingredients. It wasn't really the right shade, too yellow, really, but it worked. I used moisturizing whitening lotion with UVA/B sunblock under my sunscreen on my non-facial exposed skin. I have since replaced the foundation with one purchased here that is a better match for my skin. I'm trying to train myself to always put it on before I set foot out of my door.

I want to add that I have Clinique type 1 skin. I am 51, but I look more like late thirties. I sometimes wonder what my skin would look like if I hadn't spent so many years in the Philippines, California, and Florida without using sunscreen regularly . I would sunburn in 15 minutes flat on a bright day in the Philippines.

I did make my daughter wear sunscreen every time she left the house in the Philippines. It took her a couple of minor sunburns to truly understand that even with sunscreen she just couldn't stay out as long as her friends. She was good about it after that.

In oz I was raised on “slip, slop, slap” (slip on a shirt, slop on some sunscreen and slap on a hat) – still the best protection.

Cathy your skin must be very sensitive if you’re Type 1. I’m 2 and my sister is 3 (she’s got olive skin like my mother – I’m the milkman’s kid :o). Boo also recommended wearing foundation and totally believe her as she’s got great skin :D.