Your Favorite Hang Out In The Los

tigerfish

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus F.C. how many more times do we have to see that picture.. It *IS* a nice one, but there is such as thing as an overdose. ;)

Anyway, for me, another vote for Pattaya especially when I'm already in Bangkok.. But basically any place outside of Bangkok will do.

BTW, Ian, do you have by any chance a birthday picture of yourself when you were like 6 years old in front of a birthday cake? To put those side by side would be just classic.. Kind of showing a the Bell-curve of life where people can re-gain some of the innocent fun you tend to lose during stressful working years.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Jesus F.C. how many more times do we have to see that picture.. It *IS* a nice one, but there is such as thing as an overdose. ;)

Anyway, for me, another vote for Pattaya especially when I'm already in Bangkok.. But basically any place outside of Bangkok will do.

:lol: :lol:

True, Winnie, but I was just responding to the topic. I've got others but they don't show the name of the location.The lake outside Chiang Mai is another favourite hangout of mine. Good food, okay swimming, fair hiking and a bit of fishing if I want.

Eating_at_lake_2.jpg

Bom_friend_1.jpg

Swimming_lake_012.jpg

Best places to hang out? Depends what I'm planning to do.

Beach: Surin Beach, Phuket. During the low season when the surfs up and the suns out.

Scuba Diving: Phi Phi Islands during the high season.

Swimming pool: On top of Mikes Shopping Mall, Beach Road, Pattaya.

Flesh ogling: Shark, Tilac, Happy (Pattaya),

Take a bird for a drink: Sirroco

Jogging/long walk: Patong Beach at low tide.

Music/booze/pussy: Spasso's

Went to Surin beach years ago, it was great. Hardly any people and because there are no breakers there were great waves for body surfing.

Camping in Andaman Natl Marine Parks. I live in the parks in the cool season and my girlfriend comes down ten days every month by coupling two weekends with a Thai holiday (or two) in between. That way, she gets 11 days and only takes two-three off from work.

Camping is a great get away, the place we favor is pretty packed out but the daily snorkeling makes it all worthwhile. The other parks are lovely and great for a romantic get away, but we love the coral and fish. Won't be there forever!

Nat'l Marine parks cost anywhere from free to B80 per night for foreigners. Most have good Thai canteen (far better than backpacker crap food) and the grubby backpacker factor is low. In fact, many marine parks in the highest part of the season many parks have scant visitors as people go to dumps like Samui, Lipe and Lanta. Well I hope they continue with that!

Sadly, I have found BKK confining, not met any people to hang out with. Not interested in go-go bars and such (my gf would not be pleased and I am bored with that scene anyway) Find the places gritty and polluted (air). Not really anything to do - Really bored.

Would like to find somewhere to have a drink during happy hours or a nice park in the day (above Sukhumvhit on MRT line).

The marine parks sound cool; do you have any suggestions as far as particular parks/places go?

Has to be Huay Tung Thao lake in Chiang Mai, great place to sit and chill, food and drink are readily available within shouting distance. The children can play safely in the water and Dad can slowly unwind.

Heaven on earth for me.

Yup, just what I posted above. It's only a 4.5 km walk around the lake and too many places to eat to pick just one.

Swimming_lake_045.sized.jpg

And you can walk for several kilometers on the track beyond the lake.

Chiang_Mai_lake_9.jpg

Chiang_Mai_lake_6.jpg

If you are looking for SPECIFIC places to hang out then I can usually be found here in Chiang Mai most evenings... for obvious reasons. I get treated well.

I like this post. Ian, you are not shy are you :D

Not only is he not shy, he's bloody lucky. :ermm::D

Yeah, it wouldn't happen back home would it. Not quite sure what's lucky about being surrounded by bgs in Thailand though...

...but what's lucky for some...

If you are looking for SPECIFIC places to hang out then I can usually be found here in Chiang Mai most evenings... for obvious reasons. I get treated well.

I like this post. Ian, you are not shy are you :D

Not only is he not shy, he's bloody lucky. :ermm::D

Yeah, it wouldn't happen back home would it. Not quite sure what's lucky about being surrounded by bgs in Thailand though...

...but what's lucky for some...

beats being surrounded by a bunch of khatoeys trying to cop a feel in a quiet back street off the beaten track in chaweng, i can tell you. unsure.gifsad.gif

Edited by tigerfish

soi 4 is good

but the beer is much better on soi half a dozen?

now if you can't chill there then its time to go to the temple.

kdaB) :rolleyes::wub::shock1::partytime2::emot-kiss::drunk: :drunk:

I think you may be mixing up your cities there.

NO THATS WY I SAID SOI HALF A DOZEN

no such place in BKK

I rarely go into towns. I usually hang out with my fellow middle aged buddies who hail from a variety of cultural groups up in the hills in places like this. All we need is a bottle of Mae Khong and a bottle of water and we are pretty darn happy campers.

post-9366-016954200 1285777420_thumb.jpg

Great suggestion, Bangkokburning. Enjoy it while it lasts. Unfortunately, it's likely to go the way Koh Chang went. I love the Similan Islands and might have lost my life there had it not been for an e-mail from my daughter in December 2004. I went back to Canada just before Christmas and missed the tsunami. I lost my friends in Kao Lak.

Great suggestion, Bangkokburning. Enjoy it while it lasts. Unfortunately, it's likely to go the way Koh Chang went. I love the Similan Islands and might have lost my life there had it not been for an e-mail from my daughter in December 2004. I went back to Canada just before Christmas and missed the tsunami. I lost my friends in Kao Lak.

great place Kow Lak and the similian islands probably the best place to visit by boat in Thailand..but for me on a local basis in BKK you cant beat sitting in Strikers bar on a Sat afternoon watching the Nana hotel car park, enjoying the long happy hour and friendly staff

Thought about your topic for a while and come to the conclusion that there isn't much l get a kick out of any more. Been around, done the nice beaches and hotels but when l am there l am sort of blasé, all the same to me.

Now for the really sad bit. The only thing l get a bit of pleasure from, and that could be anywhere in LOS, is singing.

No, stop laughing. If we get invited to stuff, there is the usual karaoke stuff, which all Thais like, and they always, after a few beers drag me up to sing, something l would never do in farang land. Well, one thing lead to another and it seems l sing some favourites quite well, so l am asked to different things with the ploy of me getting up there and singing. But, l enjoy it, and so do the ladies, going home with my roses from them. OK, OK, stop laughing now but it is good fun. :D

Sorry Tf, you did say what floats your boat. :lol:

Same happens to me, but I was lucky to be born with a reasonable voice and I'm able to follow a melody, and stay on key. But, It wasn't so pleasant when I was a school kid and the gay, paedophile teacher kept wanting me in his choir. Same happened in church and I hate church to this day.

Nam phung dam with the wifey and the 2 dogs.

The car park at the wifes university.

Pattaya, especially when alone.

Your favourite hang out is in car parks. :unsure::D And you tell us.:huh:

I used to hang around car parks parking vehicles, but they fired me for some unknown reason. :D

femaleparkinglot.sized.jpg

• 6 months later...

Once again this thread should be renamed "Your favorite hang out in the LOS when you are an aging western man into younger thai women"

Brutally true..:D

I am not an aging Western Man, i am not really that into Thai Women of any age beieve it or not & my favourite hang outs are below, in no particular order :

Big Dogs on Soi 4 people watching with a couple of Pals having a few sociables, there is not a place on the Planet quite like it if you are into people watching & laughing our t*ts off at the things that stroll past.

Kaeng Krachan National Park

In the Swimming Pool with my Daughter

The Paragon/Central World/Central Chid Lom

Suvarnabhumi departure Lounge as it generally means i'm off on Holiday..