Thai Bank Bills 3-Year-Old Boy Bt2 Million

webfact

Hahahahahahaha!! Ya' just gotta' love it!!!

... and of course "Animatic" I do agree with you wholeheartedly about the families panic and fears.

Edited by Dap

What if the mother IS the conman...

She used her sons' name knowing the bank would never actually try to collect from a 3-year old.

She heard about other similar cases and figured out she could pull a fast one herself.

Probably not her but I'd bet it's someone close to the family, maybe the con-men bough her son's birth certificate and such from her.

Then again could be just a corrupt city hall official or disgruntled bank clerk who took part in the con.

In the clip the bank employee had made a mistake, why all the rumor mongering?

i think it's hilarious how people WANT thailand to come up into 2nd world status. they come here to get AWAY from the western world, yet they want western comforts and complain when they don't get western standards. ask and ye shall receive. it's coming and coming fast.

Aren't you making a huge assumption that 'people' only come to Thailand to get 'away from the western world'? Westerners come to Thailand for various reasons: one of them being that they have married Thai people, and their spouse is either unhappy to live away from his/her homeland or simply can't do so.

Also do you even know what the '2nd world' means? The accepted definition of 'second world' is the "the Communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies". I am pretty sure that Thailand's rulers would be horrified at the thought of their country aspiring to join such a sphere! :)

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Second_World

I'm afraid I must agree with animatic on this one. If this had happened to the average foreigner, he/she would have blown a fuse and played hel_l with the bank. The bank would then have checked into the matter and everything would be cleared up. BUT the average foreigner is not the average Thai. The average Thai would shit him/herself upon getting this demand with all kinds of wondeferful nightmares running through their minds.

Nonsense! The average foreigner would've realised it was a clerical error and just gone down to the bank to fix it and probably would have had a laugh about it with the manager while they're at it.