Vegetable Planting Seasons

oldestswinger

Apologies if this topic has been aired before, but I can't find anything on a TV search and Google is not very helpful.

Does anyone have a good chart showing optimum planting times for different veggies in Thailand?

I appreciate that it might be easier to grow some types of veg in some parts of the country rather than in others. I'm actually in Isan.

I am in Isaan myself.

For a good answer you need to be more specific with what you want to grow.

Generally speaking, most will do better if planted towards the end of the rainy season.

Good moisture for the seeds to come up, dry weather later to avoid fungus & rot.

A little more work, because you need to water constantly, but your results will be worth it.

regards

My List Of 'falang' Vegetables That Grow Well Here

The above topic was started in 2008 by jaideeguy. Alos has some useful links. May assist in info on your original post and links to others that are active growing vegi's.

My wife has been sending some seeds from Oz back to her family in Nth Thailand. Appear to have problem with size of product being smaller than grown here. Just thought I would put my 2 bob in.

One of the Uni's in Bangkok was also doing some work on other types of crops grown in Thailand? Can't find to post.