Chiang Mai Photographic Group - Looking For A New Home

Greenside

Now that Tuskers is but a fond memory (and a mild but persistent hangover from Monday night's closing party) we're looking for a new venue for our meetings. It's got to have decent cooling (preferably aircon) a good quality HDTV or monitor of at least 42 inches, be tolerably quiet and have reasonable parking and access. Decent food, affordable drinks and friendly attentive staff would be a major bonus too.

We've made a tentative arrangement with D'Lite bakery where the computer club holds its weekly meetings, but their projector and screen arrangement isn't really up to date enough for viewing photographs. So if you own or know of a venue with a private meeting area big enough to accommodate up to 20 people and would like to make it available once a fortnight please PM me. Meetings are currently held every other Wednesday from 7-9pm but we could be flexible for the right location.

It might be worth your while to talk to the good folk over at Sangdee Gallery. I know they hold photography workshops and are all about promoting artists

in the area.

They have a beautiful, warm space and I know they serve drinks (not sure about food, though).

They do already have a regular Wednesday night tradition - local musicians play each week so if they were able to accomodate your group, you would probably have to consider another evening.

Either way, its a place that local photographers should know about.

http://northernthailand.com/a/en/chiangmai-museums-art-a-antiques/art-galleries/445-sangdee-gallery.html

I thought about Sangdee. It's a nice space but I don't know about the facilities for viewing or whether they serve beer! I'll talk to Marisa about it, thanks for the suggestion.

Probably about 20% of members eat at the venue but everyone drinks - mostly beer... Of course the number of people who choose to have dinner depends largely on what's on offer.

will most of the group be eating and having a few scoops or is it the soda water brigade?

BASED ON TUSKERS AND A 7 PM START TIME: Some of us come early to eat and drink, relax, and talk. Then, as we get closer to staring time, other people start showing up and, for the most part, buy at least a beer. Then during the meeting people continue to buy drinks and quite a few will buy something to eat (e.g., fries). Some will stay after the meeting and spend more money.

My personal impression after 2 years with the club.