Hotels In Bangkok Refuse Blacks And Indians

george

I fail to see how this is a problem.

Many bars do not let them in either, because we don't want to drink with them.

I said to a bargirl once, 'Why do you keep the blacks out?' and she said 'Because if Farang see African man, he not come in'.

I said 'Yep, you're right'.

All they do is try and sell me cocaine, and try to 'look after me' on Sukhumvit. It gets quite tiring.

I ran out of reds today but will be back tomorrow to give you one.

I know plenty of those white folks who sell drugs also you bigot!

This is not racism. The Africans are there in Sukhumvit selling drugs and pimping their black girls. This is fact.

It is well known that the Africans are there for this reason and this reason alone.

There are no police so they are able to go about their business quite freely and openly.

If you want to jump on someones back make sure you know <deleted> you are talking about.

It is racism when he will not sit in a bar next to a black guy because he assumes that he will be a drug dealer! <deleted> I am even more shocked at the amount of biggots on TV. filthy <deleted>.

well iam far from being a bigot or racist. i appreciate many aspects of certain black cultures and i think it was a blessing that so many jamaicans came to the uk and spread their culture and music an ting. but i must admit that pakistani or indian culture doesn't do much for me.

i recently went down to krabi and stayed in Ao Nang. i was shocked to see that the majority of businesses on the sea front road are indian and middle eastern/asian. i was so so very disappointed. it wasnt like being in thailand at all. very very saddening. indian and arab boys accosting you as you stroll along trying to sell you stuff that is useless to you. pretending to be your long lost friend, being really over the top - in yer face - friendly and lavishing creepy brown nose compliments on you. harrassing you when all you want to do is stroll down the beach road.

koh samui is the same. i will never return to these places again im sad to say.

sukhumvit is a haven for african drug dealers and pimps. i wont go there anymore. i will taxi to and fro between nana and cowboy where i like to go to listen to good music, drink good beer and watch the sexy girls dancing. even here in these places people are constantly harrassed by indiand and pakistanis trying to sell watches and sh*t.

even sitting in thai bars well outside of tourist areas there are always dumb indian and pakistani boys trying to sell you stale crappy nuts. they actually give u a hard sell and wont take no for an andwer. they are rude and ignorant and dumb and in-yer-face harrassment

all of these low lifes have a certain colour skin and ethnic appearance. unfortunately they are making it very uncomfortable for the good people of their ethnicity.

unfortunately if you see a black in sukhumvit he is most likely a drug dealing pimp. if you see an indian/pakistani wandering around taking interest in people he is most likely trying to sell crappy sh*t that people dont want and is probably being very rude and pushy.

where the heck are the thai police?????

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Khao San Road, there are lots of guest houses not allowing Thais in (funny note: I was with a Thai with dual nationality.

The reason behind this is they are trying to keep prostitutes out of their establishments. A lot of hookers (male and female) use cheap guesthouses as "short time" palaces.

Some boutique resorts discriminate against Thais because they feel Thais like to cook in their rooms and are cheapskates when it comes to dining in. Basically they feel Thais aren't easy to fleece and they'd rather stick with foreigners where they can build up the rep as a "foreign resort" and have easy to fleece clientele as well.

It's all business and money based. Very little of the discrimination you see is some ideological stuff.

Apparently it takes a wintermute to bring some sense to this forum.

Discrimination is bad no question - but there's no doubt that in almost all cases, discrimination against israelis, blacks, arabs, indians, Thais has an economic background. Some don't allow Thais because they'll occupy a bungalow with 20 people and cook in the room - a net loss for some guest houses, others are set up for this and no problem. Some don't allow Israelis because when in groups they are loud and obnoxious and rude - others cater towards Israelis and make a nice profit. Israeli-only resorts evolve all on their own this way. Arabs and indians also have a bad rep for certain things.

If that hotel discriminates against blacks I imagine they had some past experience with the Nigerian drug gangs. The Nigerian drug gangs seem to be a world-wide export just like the 419 scammers. They're all over Europe and Asia, too. Controlled by their masters back home. There's also many black tourists who probably wonder why the heck they get discriminated against by some - probably have no idea about the Nigerians. Now there's no need to go all crazy about this either way - no reason to paint all people with the same color skin as the Nigerians as drug dealers. Making this assumption means you're either dense, or crazy - take your pick. At the same time it would be strange to dismiss Nigerian drug gangs as something invented by racists. It's just what it is: Nigerian drug gangs. Not more, not less. Requires no interpretation, deduction, or extrapolation.

The real discrimination in Thailand that you'll see is against anyone with dark skin - see-dum Thais, Indians, Afro-Americans all no doubt get to feel this at one point or another. It will take time to get over it, but let's be honest this country has many worse problems at the moment.

Good for this unknown rapper that he's getting some free publicity. But why he wanted to stay in this dump in the first place is a bit suspicious.

While this alleged act is wrong, I am more surprised a 'rapper' is staying at a cheap shoddy hotel.

Small and cheap, but by no means a fleapit.

I wonder how many reading know where this hotel is, or know of its reputation?

How many have seen some of the so called "guests" and their partners?

Take a look at some of the long stay residents, Bkk's version of the sort of farangs who frequent soi 6 and soi Buakaow in Pattaya.

I drive passed this "hotel" at least 3 times a week, its amusing when stuck at the level crossing to people watch.

<br />
<br />I always thought fairly highly about this forum. With what I'm witnessing over that last few days that opinion is sadly changing.<br />
<br /><br />Oh-no, surely this is how Jesus must have felt...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Didn't know he was a member.;)

I dont think racism is illegal in Thailand. But this is NOT racism because the hotel has the right to protect their assets and reputation. My experience of blacks everywhere is they are generally violent and many are either selling drugs or using drugs and generally act in very ugly ways with in your face prostitution.

In fact London is a hel_l hole because of the blacks (at night time you will see them shooting up, fighting, openly having sex in allyways, fighting with weapons and being very noisy) and that is one reason why I am happy living in Thailand.

The authorities in the UK have almost no power to uphold the law because of over protective anti racism laws.

The Indians are always complaining and try to avoid paying the full bill when checking out. (Always)

I congratulate the hotel owners for upholding their rights to refuse entry to guests they feel are a liability.

Well done to this hotel. Anyone who thinks blanket anti racist laws protect people they are totally wrong, all it does is give bad people a license to be bad.:clap2:

While this alleged act is wrong, I am more surprised a 'rapper' is staying at a cheap shoddy hotel.

Small and cheap, but by no means a fleapit.

I wonder how many reading know where this hotel is, or know of its reputation?

How many have seen some of the so called "guests" and their partners?

Take a look at some of the long stay residents, Bkk's version of the sort of farangs who frequent soi 6 and soi Buakaow in Pattaya.

I drive passed this "hotel" at least 3 times a week, its amusing when stuck at the level crossing to people watch.

How many from out of town using the web site and its nice pictures and rates would know? They forgot to put NO BLACKS ALLOWED on the web site. If you book from online with people from all around the world it would be a good Idea not to have that policy and not let them travel all the way to Bangkok and find out at night when they arrive they have to look else where, because the pre paid room is not for Black people.

The video posted on youtube of them returning is the next morning to confront the manager - that admitted it was their policy not to allow black people. said it is in the LAW BOOK I think she meant the rule book, but at any rate. You can't know 100% what your getting when you book online and I think I would have been a bit put out - to be put out on the street at night in Bangkok with no F--- Idea where to go next just because I was black. The whole issue goes way beyond the right of the business because with rights comes responsibility and if you want to have NO BLACKS then say so on the web site and give them a chance to go else where first -

If its such a good business choice and policy and it is their right - then why not advertise it up front.

The main issue really is - they had an established contractual agreement and funds were exchanged. These terms and conditions came without warning - unfair business practice.

I hear what you are saying Randy and agree with what you say, but not to sit in a bar because there is a Black man sitting there is way over the top. and that is what I was refering to in my post.

i agree. he is small minded.

if i see a black guy (non drug pushing pimp) sitting in a bar i will check that bar out! probably got some good music playing! ;) (unless its rap of course )

It is racism when he will not sit in a bar next to a black guy because he assumes that he will be a drug dealer! &lt;deleted&gt; I am even more shocked at the amount of biggots on TV. filthy &lt;deleted&gt;.

well iam far from being a bigot or racist. i appreciate many aspects of certain black cultures and i think it was a blessing that so many jamaicans came to the uk and spread their culture and music an ting. but i must admit that pakistani or indian culture doesn't do much for me.

i recently went down to krabi and stayed in Ao Nang. i was shocked to see that the majority of businesses on the sea front road are indian and middle eastern/asian. i was so so very disappointed. it wasnt like being in thailand at all. very very saddening. indian and arab boys accosting you as you stroll along trying to sell you stuff that is useless to you. pretending to be your long lost friend, being really over the top - in yer face - friendly and lavishing creepy brown nose compliments on you. harrassing you when all you want to do is stroll down the beach road.

koh samui is the same. i will never return to these places again im sad to say.

sukhumvit is a haven for african drug dealers and pimps. i wont go there anymore. i will taxi to and fro between nana and cowboy where i like to go to listen to good music, drink good beer and watch the sexy girls dancing. even here in these places people are constantly harrassed by indiand and pakistanis trying to sell watches and sh*t.

even sitting in thai bars well outside of tourist areas there are always dumb indian and pakistani boys trying to sell you stale crappy nuts. they actually give u a hard sell and wont take no for an andwer. they are rude and ignorant and dumb and in-yer-face harrassment

all of these low lifes have a certain colour skin and ethnic appearance. unfortunately they are making it very uncomfortable for the good people of their ethnicity.

unfortunately if you see a black in sukhumvit he is most likely a drug dealing pimp. if you see an indian/pakistani wandering around taking interest in people he is most likely trying to sell crappy sh*t that people dont want and is probably being very rude and pushy.

where the heck are the thai police?????

Or maybe I'm just going to get a MF'ing hair cut you bigoted POS!

Thats like the only place (lower Sukumvit) where Black folks can get a decent hair cut or braids.

Or perhaps I want to enjoy a nice Arabic Dinner. Nefretiti's is great. Apart from some of the more scummy locals who occasionally try and sell shit too you while your eating, Nef's probably has some of the best Arabic cuisine around and at a decent price too!

Gotta love it, be Black and be some place where the white man doesn't wanna see you and your automatically a criminal.

Thats like the only place (lower Sukumvit) where Black folks can get a decent hair cut or braids.

Or perhaps I want to enjoy a nice Arabic Dinner. Nefretiti's is great. Apart from some of the more scummy locals who occasionally try and sell shit too you while your eating, Nef's probably has some of the best Arabic cuisine around and at a decent price too!

Gotta love it, be Black and be some place where the white man doesn't wanna see you and your automatically a criminal.

i apologise. i generalised too much. sure there plenty of normal good black guys in sukhumvit. im refering to the africans who just hang around and loiter and sit at places with no food or drink or walk up and down all day approaching strangers.

i have good black friends and i sometimes hang out with tourists from every etnicity.

but if u want to defend the african drug pushers in sukhumvit then i dont apologise.

A couple of things bother me about this whole blacks selling drugs debate. I lived in Bangkok for around 9 years and I used to frequent Gulliver's on a regular basis, night and daytime. I have never been offered drugs by any of the Black people that frequented that area.

The second thing is that when ever a drugs bust is done in Bangkok or Pattaya, it almost always seems to involve white Westerners not Black people. Iranians accepted of course. Have a look back on the daily news rags and see for yourselves.

Cheers,Rick

It's the same in Blighty, in the States, wherever . . . whites do the most kiddie fiddlin' . . . period.

Well in thailand it just happens to be thai(s), so you are indeed wrong.

Well I guess that being in the majority, that would more than likely be the case but the whites are over-represented when considering their number in this country. That says a lot. It's in their fuggin' DNA, man . . .

There you have it, folks. Racial profiling at its most positive. Rather unpleasant wouldn't you say?

Racial profiling based on actual experience is understandable as apart from racial profiling [or in your case, racism?] based on fairy tales.

Ok put it this way; If you asked most people to conjure up an image of a drug dealer in Thailand, they'd more than likely describe one as a shifty looking West African or Thai.

Ask most to conjure up an image of a paedophile in Thailand, they'd almost certainly describe one as an obese, sweaty, dribbling, furtive white man wearing sandals with socks.

Thailand does not tend to attract the best of the gene pool from other nations and that includes those from Africa, Europe and the US but of all the crimes and activities being committed/engaged in by those that do come here, paedophilia and the sexual exploitation of young girls in bars by white men who can't get attractive tail in their own countries has to sit at the top of the list of the most disgusting. :bah:

Edited by HardenedSoul

There is a big difference between private feelings and behavior and PUBLIC policies. The question here is whether a building offering rooms for rent to the public should be acting on higher principles of fairness than mere individuals. In the west, we generally think they should.

Well Jing their loss and many more when word of mouth is spread around. Any rate I don't have a problem if a place does not want me - I will go elsewhere happily. There are many places in Tokyo that will not allow Gajin(s) in because they do not want us and their clientele do not want us. Does it upset me? Not really - as I said I can spend my dosh elsewhere and prob better that I did because I doubt staying at a place that does not want me would be not a good experience at all.

A couple of things bother me about this whole blacks selling drugs debate. I lived in Bangkok for around 9 years and I used to frequent Gulliver's on a regular basis, night and daytime. I have never been offered drugs by any of the Black people that frequented that area.

The second thing is that when ever a drugs bust is done in Bangkok or Pattaya, it almost always seems to involve white Westerners not Black people. Iranians accepted of course. Have a look back on the daily news rags and see for yourselves.

Cheers,Rick

african drug dealers are everywhere in sukhumvit. it is rife with them.

see soi 13 after midnight. see from soi 3 to soi 13

Quite correct Rick, but the Nigerians around Soi3 are most likely protected by the BIB. Most of the dealers you see that are busted seem to be thai, the farangs end up being muppet users.

Ask most to conjure up an image of a paedophile in Thailand, they'd almost certainly describe one as an obese, sweaty, dribbling, furtive white man wearing sandals with socks.

Odd the image I conjure up as most people here in Thailand is a creepy thai lad normally fiddling with family members or other little ones. :whistling:

Quite correct Rick, but the Nigerians around Soi3 are most likely protected by the BIB. Most of the dealers you see that are busted seem to be thai, the farangs end up being muppet users.

Is this a fairly recent development Brit. There were Africans there when I was around, but not to the extent that's been stated here. I seem to remember that Gulliver's applied an admission charge to discourage them from using the bar. Bit out of order I think.

Cheers, Rick

i apologise. i generalised too much. sure there plenty of normal good black guys in sukhumvit. im refering to the africans who just hang around and loiter and sit at places with no food or drink or walk up and down all day approaching strangers.

i have good black friends and i sometimes hang out with tourists from every etnicity.

but if u want to defend the african drug pushers in sukhumvit then i dont apologise.

Apology accepted.

Thank You :)

And hel_l no I'm not defending ANY Drug Pusher, African or otherwise. If I had it my way every country in the world would have Saudi Style justice on drugs.

Let the head of EVERY drug pusher roll, equally and without regard to the colour of his or her skin, passport, or what ever Gods they worship...let em pray too them on the way to the chopping block, I say.

But what I don't like is this racial profiling bullshit.

If I looked at every time I was called a nigger by some racist white, or every time my father was, or his father, or his father before him, by your standards I would have enough ammo to hate all white people forever and profile everyone of them as a bigot.

What a fool I would be, and how much would I have missed out on in life for being so narrow-minded.

Are their drug dealers selling drugs on Suk? Sure as hel_l. Are some of em Black? Definitely, Are some White? damm straight... are the most of them Thai? Ofcourse.

But whites love to profile us because we stick out down there, irregardless that we are a very small minority here.

Ok put it this way; If you asked most people to conjure up an image of a drug dealer in Thailand, they'd more than likely describe one as a shifty looking West African or Thai.

Thailand does not tend to attract the best of the gene pool from other nations and that includes those from Africa, Europe and the US but of all the crimes and activities being committed/engaged in by those that do come here, paedophilia and the sexual exploitation of young girls in bars by white men who can't get attractive tail in their own countries has to sit at the top of the list of the most disgusting. :bah:

I wouldn't rent out a hotel room to an elderly white man wearing socks in his flip-flops, carrying a suitcase of toys - but having no children - and breathing heavily while licking a lollipop and looking at the kids playing outside. So your point being?

Odd the image I conjure up as most people here in Thailand is a creepy thai lad normally fiddling with family members or other little ones. :whistling:

Oh really? That's about as believable as saying that I'd've conjured up an image of a little green Martian <_<

I wouldn't rent out a hotel room to an elderly white man wearing socks in his flip-flops, carrying a suitcase of toys - but having no children - and breathing heavily while licking a lollipop and looking at the kids playing outside. So your point being?

What do you mean, "your point being?" ??

Not that my post was related to the Nasa Vegas issue but if you need it applied to your statement, the hotel refused the rapper because he was black not because they suspected him of being a drug dealer.

^well if you watch the news in thai then you will see this is the case - seems like always thai people being nicked for being pedo(s) or pimping them out. :(

So remembering that there are roughly 55 million Thais living outside BKK, how in your opinion, would most Thais describe a drug dealer?

The Africans can be a pain in the arse, sure, but they wouldn't be on the streets selling drugs unless there was a demand for their wares. The majority of their customers are Thais followed closely by whites.

The African prostitutes are there because there is a demand for their wares - The majority of their customers are Arabs followed closely by whites.

The hotel incident is a non-event. When I first moved here, I called a place called the "House by the Pond" on Sukhumvit soi 22 as I was looking for an apartment for 6 months or so. I was told on the phone that they had a number of vacant apartments which I could view at my convenience. I turned up and the Thai receptionist nearly fell off her chair.

"No haf loom", she trilled.

"But I called in advance and was told there are rooms available for rent", I replied

I should mention that my skin tone back then was lighter than many Isaan natives as I'd only just arrived from London. It's since, thankfully, gotten darker but at the time, the receptionist was utterly baffled by my British passport. Blacks only come from Africa, you see :whistling: Anyway, the manager came out, apologised for the receptionist's ignorance and proceeded to show me around several apartments which, frankly, were hovels. I made my excuses, left and, for a while was a bit annoyed but, having been here a little longer, I think that any "racism" that foreigners experience here can be more readily attributed to differences in culture rather than colour.

Those in this thread who appear to condone racism against Blacks and Indians in this country would do well to remember that whites are only given a slightly easier time by the Thais on account of their propensity to behave like holiday millionaires. Any second-rate bar and, of course, the hoes therein will tolerate loutish, peasant-like attitudes of men who behave as if they'd never had pussy prior to landing at Suvarnaboom-boom. . . as long as it's accompanied by conspicuous largesse.

The Blacks and Indians DO have money for sure but they're not conspicuous spendthrifts that feel the need to impress fellow punters and the attendant in-house prostitutes with their determination to have a "better time" than everybody else. That's the main reason some Thai establishments refuse to accommodate them.

I've not met a Black or Indian guy destitute in Thailand but I've sure met a lot of whites in that situation. Any idiot can buy respect and tolerance in Thailand but some do seem to pay a higher price than others.

I have not met a black person destitute in Thailand neither.............. then again I have not seen too

many there...................... but go to Hackney, Tottenham, Peckham, New Cross and you will see many.

The Africans can be a pain in the arse, sure, but they wouldn't be on the streets selling drugs unless there was a demand for their wares. The majority of their customers are Thais followed closely by whites.

The African prostitutes are there because there is a demand for their wares - The majority of their customers are Arabs followed closely by whites.

The hotel incident is a non-event. When I first moved here, I called a place called the "House by the Pond" on Sukhumvit soi 22 as I was looking for an apartment for 6 months or so. I was told on the phone that they had a number of vacant apartments which I could view at my convenience. I turned up and the Thai receptionist nearly fell off her chair.

"No haf loom", she trilled.

"But I called in advance and was told there are rooms available for rent", I replied

I should mention that my skin tone back then was lighter than many Isaan natives as I'd only just arrived from London. It's since, thankfully, gotten darker but at the time, the receptionist was utterly baffled by my British passport. Blacks only come from Africa, you see :whistling: Anyway, the manager came out, apologised for the receptionist's ignorance and proceeded to show me around several apartments which, frankly, were hovels. I made my excuses, left and, for a while was a bit annoyed but, having been here a little longer, I think that any "racism" that foreigners experience here can be more readily attributed to differences in culture rather than colour.

Those in this thread who appear to condone racism against Blacks and Indians in this country would do well to remember that whites are only given a slightly easier time by the Thais on account of their propensity to behave like holiday millionaires. Any second-rate bar and, of course, the hoes therein will tolerate loutish, peasant-like attitudes of men who behave as if they'd never had pussy prior to landing at Suvarnaboom-boom. . . as long as it's accompanied by conspicuous largesse.

The Blacks and Indians DO have money for sure but they're not conspicuous spendthrifts that feel the need to impress fellow punters and the attendant in-house prostitutes with their determination to have a "better time" than everybody else. That's the main reason some Thai establishments refuse to accommodate them.

I've not met a Black or Indian guy destitute in Thailand but I've sure met a lot of whites in that situation. Any idiot can buy respect and tolerance in Thailand but some do seem to pay a higher price than others.

I have not met a black person destitute in Thailand neither.............. then again I have not seen too

many there...................... but go to Hackney, Tottenham, Peckham, New Cross and you will see many.

Well being from London myself, I'd never have known that :rolleyes:

My point was that you are infinitely more likely to happen upon white destitutes in Thailand than black or Indian.

What do you mean, "your point being?" ??

Not that my post was related to the Nasa Vegas issue but if you need it applied to your statement, the hotel refused the rapper because he was black not because they suspected him of being a drug dealer.

As is their right, even if we dislike it.