Have You Seen This Highway Sign?

flyingfox

1337 is the number for Pattaya City Call Centre. There are these notices all down Sukhumwit road with different legends on them. Mostly the number is used to get information about Pattaya or events. This poster intimates that you can also use the number to rat on someone doing something naughty or illegal. แจ้ง means to report and เบาะแส is a clue or hint. Just translated into English in a rather peculiar way.

Edited by eefoo

Probably like the American joke ....Call 1-800-who gives a shit. Suppose to be a lodge a complaint for the deaf on the phone you are calling, I doubt if complaining on this phone line gets ANY action unless they can make a buck on the quality of call they are getting.

Probably like the American joke ....Call 1-800-who gives a shit. Suppose to be a lodge a complaint for the deaf on the phone you are calling, I doubt if complaining on this phone line gets ANY action unless they can make a buck on the quality of call they are getting.

The Pattaya Call Center line works extremely well. I've called it a number of times for different reasons and the complaints have almost always been acted on in a prompt manner. If you haven't used the service then you have no right to come on the forum and drop negative comments over the pro-active approach taken by the City or casting aspersions that it's just a money making exercise. Shame on you. The old adage of ensuring the brain is engaged before putting the mouth into gear really does apply so many times with many of the posts on this forum.

From your response you've never called the number so in no position to comment or make a conclusion, especially one emphasized by a capitalized "any" such as you have.

The Pattaya Call Center line works extremely well. I've called it a number of times for different reasons and the complaints have almost always been acted on in a prompt manner. If you haven't used the service then you have no right to come on the forum and drop negative comments over the pro-active approach taken by the City or casting aspersions that it's just a money making exercise. Shame on you. The old adage of ensuring the brain is engaged before putting the mouth into gear really does apply so many times with many of the posts on this forum.

From your response you've never called the number so in no position to comment or make a conclusion, especially one emphasized by a capitalized "any" such as you have.

Question: When you called did you communicate in Thai or in English?

(And no smartass comments from the pinhead gallery about how everyone should be fluent in Thai please. I am genuinely curious about how it is staffed, considering the large number of foreigners in a place that is trying to attract retirees.)

Edited by geriatrickid

Question: When you called did you communicate in Thai or in English?

(And no smartass comments from the pinhead gallery about how everyone should be fluent in Thai please. I am genuinely curious about how it is staffed, considering the large number of foreigners in a place that is trying to attract retirees.)

When I called 1337, the call was answered promptly by a female who spoke English very well.

She did an excellent job in answering my questions in English.

I agree with Pria:

If you haven't used the service then you have no right to come on the forum and drop negative comments over the pro-active approach taken by the City or casting aspersions that it's just a money making exercise.

"When I called 1337, the call was answered promptly by a female who spoke English very well."

Maybe they should have had her design those confusing signs if she speaks English so well?

They could put up signs that say "Yak cheese is the prime export of Tibet 1337" and your average tourist would be just as well informed as "Notification Clue 1337"

"When I called 1337, the call was answered promptly by a female who spoke English very well."

Maybe they should have had her design those confusing signs if she speaks English so well?

They could put up signs that say "Yak cheese is the prime export of Tibet 1337" and your average tourist would be just as well informed as "Notification Clue 1337"

Well why don't you call 1337 and complain?

If I recall, there is another sign that says "Complain 1337".

I doubt your complaint will be heard here on ThaiVisa. :whistling:

Well why don't you call 1337 and complain?

If I recall, there is another sign that says "Complain 1337".

I doubt your complaint will be heard here on ThaiVisa. :whistling:

Who said I was complaining?

I was just stating my point of view, and I stand by my view that the signs could say "Yak Cheese is the prime export of Tibet 1337" and be just as useful as they are now.

Plain & simple fact. If it is useless, then call it useless.

"Notification Clue 1337".......Yep pretty muchly useless...kinda like the info on Tibet Yak Cheese.

Edited by jaywalker

Stupid farang don't not Ehnglish read propper - Thai Big Man Boss - Have sirtificat d'gree enhlgish god pase ...

....เกินไปสิ่งสำคัญที่จะขอความช่วยเหลือ