Dane Dies After Brawling in Pattaya

webfact

Dane Killed By Two English Men in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A Danish man, Lars Toft Jensen, died Tuesday at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, after he engaged in figth with two or three English men. writes the Danish tabloid Ekstrabladet.dk

The Danish paper writes the story about an almost innocent Dane, who just arrived from Denmark with his Thai wife and their three weeks old baby.

The main purpose was to show the Thai family the new “wonder” kid.

Sunday evening, according to Ekstrabladet.dk, The Danish regular in Pattaya had a brawl with two English men, who brutally knocked the Dane down. Later the socalled victim went to his room. The next morning he was unconcius, and was brougth to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, where he was declared dead Tuesday late afternoon local time.

According to the paper two English men has been arrested for the murder.

As Scandasia.com understands it, there is much more to the story.

Sunday evening Lars Toft Jensen was on a bar run in Soi Diana In in Pattaya, a street with several Danish owned or used by Danes.

At On Bar in Soi Diana Inn in Pattaya, a bar with cosy music and girls for sale, the Dane who owned the pub Pub 37 in the small town of Ølstykke in Denmark, got into a loud and violent brawl with two english men.

The police was called. Peacemaking was taking care of. Everybody smiled. The Danish Pub owner said goodbye to everybody. Even to the two English men.

Then he came back, and according to relaiable sources, he knocked one of the English men down from behind. Then the english guy who was still standing knocked the Dane down from behind too.

Lars Toft Jensen hit his head to the floor, got up and left.

But the Father of a three weeks old baby did not call it a nigth.

As Scandasia.com understands it, the Dane carried on with his bar run. Later he went to his room, where he, according to releiable sources, was beaten up and robbed by three thais.

It hasn’t been possible to confirm that story though.

Among many Danes in Pattaya the story carry a touch of mysteri.

Why hasn’t there been any stories about the case in one or more news outlets inn the reel sins city? What is holdning the news back?

source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=7419&coun_code=dk

SCANDASIA.COM

2010-10-06

footer_n.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

The other one hit him back.

But the Dane walked away.

Possible attack by 3 Thais needs investigation.

Very easy for Police to charge the English guys, but it smells fishy to me.

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

English eh?not British?

Yes like all such stories there is always something fishy!

He was later beaten by 3 Thai's in his room, where he died but the Brits he had a fight with in the bar have been arrested for murder?

Its possible - or dare I say more likely - that the later beating was fatal since thats where he died. Have the authorities been able to establish who these 3 Thai guys where? They would surely need to be found and eliminated before a murder charge and subsequent conviction could be secured.

It just shows how these incidents can flair up over nothing. What a terrible story, poor guy.

Edited by Pui

Obviously we can never know what really happened however as there are reports out there that the dane threw the first punch, if so then surely its not murder, also the fact that the report states he was also attacked and robbed would negate any earlier attack as the possible blow that killed this chap.

Also why would both the English guys be arrested if one was the original victim who was hit first.

Very scatty story with unreliable fact and just goads speculation.

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

Why does the heading say he was killed by two English men when it appears that may not be the case?

The original poster sounds indignant there is no coverage on this. I'm not surprised the original report is so full of holes that it is hard to make send of. Does not seem to be a case against the so called English at all.

RIP Lars.

Sad way to end what should have been a joyous family-oriented holiday by going out on the piss and mixing it up with other drunks. Three week old baby that will never know his dad. I imagine the wife is inconsolable, especially if their home was in Denmark which very much appears to be the case here (pub owner in Denmark and son born there).

Sounds like banging his head on the pavement after being knocked down was a contributing factor. How many times have we read about drunks picking themselves up after a bit of head trauma, going off to bed and waking up dead (if you know what I mean)? The unconfirmed bit about carrying on drinking and possibly being robbed (assaulted) by some Thai villains is to be expected... it is a party town and Soi Diana is in the middle of it.

The police charged the English guys because they had already attended the initial bar fracas and had witness accounts. The ongoing binge and further assaults are all conjecture and nobody gets banged up for long on conjecture... usually.

The man was a father of a 3-week old baby? The man goes out and allegedly behaves in an argumentative way but leaves the scene after some peacemaking? He later returns (after given this some thought) only to attack people from behind?

Now, I don’t know much about this story other than what is reported in media, and I don’t want to point out the obvious, but if my conclusions above are correct the man should never had become a father in the first place. One can only imagine what his wife goes through right now.

Maybe Darwin wasn't so correct after all? How else did this guy’s genes survive? And now he's passed them on? Mindboggling...

The man was a father of a 3-week old baby? The man goes out and allegedly behaves in an argumentative way but leaves the scene after some peacemaking? He later returns (after given this some thought) only to attack people from behind?

Now, I don’t know much about this story other than what is reported in media, and I don’t want to point out the obvious, but if my conclusions above are correct the man should never had become a father in the first place. One can only imagine what his wife goes through right now.

Maybe Darwin wasn't so correct after all? How else did this guy’s genes survive? And now he's passed them on? Mindboggling...

To be perfectly honest you don't appear to know much at all!

I drink, therefore I cannot be permitted to spawn?

Not a hint of condolence but some vague allusion to sorrow for the wife? Or is it?

Just what Thailand needs, ANOTHER (easily) boggled mind!

The Dane travels to Thailand to show off his 3 week old baby to Thai relatives. He must have a screw loose; who takes a 3 week old infant on an international flight? That in and of itself is irresponsible. Then he goes on a pub crawl with violence?

Darwinism in action...

This story does not make any sense.  The odds of being in a bar fight with fellow farangs, then upon your return back to your room three Thais attack and beat you are..........nearly zero. Since we almost never receive good information from these news reports, we are forced to make out own conclusions. I am guessing he received a traumatic brain injury from his fall to the floor, which he later died of. The job of the Thai police is not to actually solve crime, but to spin each crime to minimize damage to the tourist image. Some police sergeant must have decided that fellow farangs killing you in a bar does not sound very good. So suddenly there are " mysterious Thais" who come to your room and kill you, who of course will never be caught.  

The Dane travels to Thailand to show off his 3 week old baby to Thai relatives. He must have a screw loose; who takes a 3 week old infant on an international flight? That in and of itself is irresponsible. Then he goes on a pub crawl with violence?

Darwinism in action...

Babies at 3 weeks are perfectly fine to fly. All they do is eat and sleep at that age anyway.

As long as they have a clean bill of health at their 2 week check, there is nothing wrong with flying with a baby.

English eh?not British?

English is subset of British. British is a subset of European. Scottish and Welsh people do NOT regard themselves as English. Neither do some Cornish people.

You really need to change this thread title: the accused have not even been charged, yet you announce their guilt to the world.

But would you have clicked on the link if it had said 'Dane died, some confusion as to cause'

English eh?not British?

English is subset of British. British is a subset of European. Scottish and Welsh people do NOT regard themselves as English. Neither do some Cornish people.

No one in Britain will thank you for calling them European, so don't.

You really need to change this thread title: the accused have not even been charged, yet you announce their guilt to the world.

But would you have clicked on the link if it had said 'Dane died, some confusion as to cause'

No, and neither would a lawyer be preparing a defamation lawsuit of significant value.

TV slams users who make libellous comments yet posts threads with titles like these?

Shame on you if you talk about how to bypass internet filters, but it's OK to call people murderers?

Edited by bangkockney

This story does not make any sense. The odds of being in a bar fight with fellow farangs, then upon your return back to your room three Thais attack and beat you are..........nearly zero. Since we almost never receive good information from these news reports, we are forced to make out own conclusions. I am guessing he received a traumatic brain injury from his fall to the floor, which he later died of. The job of the Thai police is not to actually solve crime, but to spin each crime to minimize damage to the tourist image. Some police sergeant must have decided that fellow farangs killing you in a bar does not sound very good. So suddenly there are " mysterious Thais" who come to your room and kill you, who of course will never be caught.

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to explain to us how the specter of a hotel room burglary and fatal beating perpetrated by Thais benefits Thailand's image as a tourist destination.

Incidents like these are the reason why I left Pattaya years back..... :bah:

This could happen anywhere in the world.

I don't think this could happen where I live (up country).

Which is at least one of the positives for my area.

Sure there are certain inconveniences, but none are life-threatening.