Dane Dies After Brawling in Pattaya

webfact

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

The other one hit him back.

But the Dane walked away.

Possible attack by 3 Thais needs investigation.

Very easy for Police to charge the English guys, but it smells fishy to me.

English eh?not British?

English is subset of British. British is a subset of European. Scottish and Welsh people do NOT regard themselves as English. Neither do some Cornish people.

So? Are they ENGLISH??????

It may ay "danish" on his passport but it won't say "English" on theirs.

Edited by Deeral

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Dane was out for trouble and hit one of the English Guys from behind.

THank you Sherlock!

We where watching the video from Pat Orn Bar last night and there was no English guys in it, but nor any fighting, maybe they showed us and the police a wrong time a day/night.... Only 3-4 womans "talked" with Lars, some ladies they don't know at the bar and (as we never seen before) while he was sitting in the bar... We do know he had a lot of problems with his GF though... Who's to blame we still don't know, but maybe EB in Denmark knows better than us who lives here :)

That Lars should have attacked any one is a big mystery for all of us who knows him, no matter how drunk he where i/we never seen him fighting... He could at times be a pain in the B.tt though..

Hope they find out what's really happen some day soon and if any one else but him self is guilty i hope they get's them

Rest in peace Lars..

I always thought that a reporters job was to find out what happened and then report back. but over here it seems like most reporters just ask a passing noodle stall holder what happened. :blink:

RIP to the Dane, its sad that he leaves a child behind.

Never a pleasant thing to read about when a family man is killed but unfortunately being a father doesn't automatically mean your not a troublemaker. nutter or whatever,

It would seem his guy has fooled the police or bar staffinto thinking at was all over and even said goodnight to the English guys, then he's gone back and started another fight.

Maybe he started the first one maybe he din't but he did go back with no thought for his wife and kid which is not the actions of a responsible father.

It's pretty much par for the course in any country in the world to arrest the guys they knew he was fighting unril they get all the evidence in.

It does not mean the charges will stick and they would at least be downgraded to manslaughter.(if such a charge exists in Thai law)

Someone has obviously said he was robbed by Thais which is perfectly possible if he was out on a binge and drawing attention to himself.

Even if the police can confirm that the robbery/attack isn't a fabrication they still won't drop the charges until forensics come up with the cause of death.

Way too early to assume these English guys are responsible for his demise just because they've been charged

neither head nor tail; was he a bar owner??

What a strange notion, coming" to show the wonder baby" and celebtate all night long in lady bar; fatherhood brings a sense of responsibility .

What's, worse than OK Corral ? (Coral..), fights after fights, people routinely attacked in the back, killer burglars.. yerk.

Well, this is another stupid story that has been pushed in our face without any of the circumstantial evidence needed to confirm the direct cause of death.

Once the C.O.D. is confirmed, the forensics can match the evidence around the blow that caused the internal problems, and then match the trace evidence from that death blow with the British men's DNA tissue, saliva, and footware samples, as there is probably trace evidence around the head wounds.

I mentioned the "head wounds" part, because, if there is any weight to the Thai men story, then any expat knows that Thai men like to get the victim down on the ground and then kick and stomp the shit out of their ribs and head, Thais do not use their fists. There should be plenty of evidence there to match against the British men's shoes, etc. This is purely speculatory, though. I believe the British men are more than likey not the ones who delivered the death blow.

Again, without the cause of death, this is all much ado about nothing; that includes the bar girl story about the wife, her lover and accomplices, the British men, a pre-existing injury or condition that was triggered by the rucus, and any other theory.

Let's hope Thailand C.S.I. conducts the proper investigation, and that the surviving family members hire a proper forensics expert to examine that evidence.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

The man was a father of a 3-week old baby? The man goes out and allegedly behaves in an argumentative way but leaves the scene after some peacemaking? He later returns (after given this some thought) only to attack people from behind?

Now, I don't know much about this story other than what is reported in media, and I don't want to point out the obvious, but if my conclusions above are correct the man should never had become a father in the first place. One can only imagine what his wife goes through right now.

Maybe Darwin wasn't so correct after all? How else did this guy's genes survive? And now he's passed them on? Mindboggling...

To be perfectly honest you don't appear to know much at all!

I drink, therefore I cannot be permitted to spawn?

Not a hint of condolence but some vague allusion to sorrow for the wife? Or is it?

Just what Thailand needs, ANOTHER (easily) boggled mind!

Haha what? He didn't make ONE reference to the man drinking... He simply stated that he carried himself in a ludicrous manner.. and mentioned how Darwin, (you know that guy with the whole evolution theory?!) was perhaps wrong, because people like this seem to continue to reproduce.... thus stupidity is not being bred OUT of the population, which means we are not actually..... EVOLVING!!

Just what Thailand needs, ANOTHER (easily) confused, mislead, egotistical farang!!!

The man was a father of a 3-week old baby? The man goes out and allegedly behaves in an argumentative way but leaves the scene after some peacemaking? He later returns (after given this some thought) only to attack people from behind?

Now, I don't know much about this story other than what is reported in media, and I don't want to point out the obvious, but if my conclusions above are correct the man should never had become a father in the first place. One can only imagine what his wife goes through right now.

Maybe Darwin wasn't so correct after all? How else did this guy's genes survive? And now he's passed them on? Mindboggling...

Not a hint of condolence but some vague allusion to sorrow for the wife? Or is it?

Just what Thailand needs, ANOTHER (easily) boggled mind!

Haha what? He didn't make ONE reference to the man drinking... He simply stated that he carried himself in a ludicrous manner.. and mentioned how Darwin, (you know that guy with the whole evolution theory?!) was perhaps wrong, because people like this seem to continue to reproduce.... thus stupidity is not being bred OUT of the population, which means we are not actually..... EVOLVING!!

Just what Thailand needs, ANOTHER (easily) confused, mislead, egotistical farang!!!

agree where does it say he or anyone was drinking?

as for the english v british thing very interesting as all uk nationals have one passport but we are not all the same nationality.

Pattaya, aka "Sleaze By the Sea" (as coined by the author of the famous book, "True Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye") seems to be a place to be avoided, as for whatever reason, it attracts the worst people and/or brings out the worst in people. Bar room brawls are not something to engage in lightly; the protanganists don't just always get up and walk away without serious injury as Hollywood flicks would lead one to believe. All it takes is taking a poke at someone, they lose their balance and crack their head on the edge of a table, etc. and is a goner. It's serious business and one to be avoided; walk away from it.

Good thing you noticed that I pointed out that I only know what is reported in media!

Sure you can. I do it myself. Both drank and spawned. What I also do is to weigh every situation against my daughters wellbeing and future. As do all my friends.

Speaking of mindboggling; It's not often you see someone prepared to publicly admit support for an alleged (notice the disclaimer there AGAIN, do we...?) irresponsible idiot who managed to get his kid fatherless after only 3three weeks over absolutely nothing than perhaps his own ego, but hey - knock yourself out!

Edited by Forethat

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to explain to us how the specter of a hotel room burglary and fatal beating perpetrated by Thais benefits Thailand's image as a tourist destination.

Neither will benefit Thailand's image, what ever is left of it. However I still feel someone made a choice about which one sounds better. As I indicated in my earlier post, the odds of both events occurring on the same night are infinitesimal....... But I certainly agree the prospect of evil Thais searching out drunken foreigners on the streets to follow home to beat and rob, is not a good one either.

Reminds me of the story of the two Korean girls who were found dead and handcuffed together on a beach. Instead of simply calling it a double homicide. the police wove this amazing explanation of how the girls were out swimming, realized they could not make it to shore, so of course they then handcuffed themselves together........The police will spin everything to put Thailand in the best light. What actually happened is of little interest to them.

Edited by rhiekel

This story does not make any sense. The odds of being in a bar fight with fellow farangs, then upon your return back to your room three Thais attack and beat you are..........nearly zero. Since we almost never receive good information from these news reports, we are forced to make out own conclusions. I am guessing he received a traumatic brain injury from his fall to the floor, which he later died of. The job of the Thai police is not to actually solve crime, but to spin each crime to minimize damage to the tourist image. Some police sergeant must have decided that fellow farangs killing you in a bar does not sound very good. So suddenly there are " mysterious Thais" who come to your room and kill you, who of course will never be caught.

Agree with everything, but he has already caused trouble with 2 Farangs then gone back for more with them later and lost. I would say it's quite possible he then went looking for an easier target to satisfy his ego afterwards. A small Thai he thought through naivety or being drunk would be an easy victory, but we all know what repercussions can follow if you follow that line of thinking.

Of course that is if anything in the original report is true.

Edited by arthurwait

Re-read the headline Boater.

Please note also that this is a direct report from Scandasia.com so if you have complaints about their english, try emailing them as that isn't really the point of this piece of news. thanks

Well, this is another stupid story that has been pushed in our face without any of the circumstantial evidence needed to confirm the direct cause of death.

Once the C.O.D. is confirmed, the forensics can match the evidence around the blow that caused the internal problems, and then match the trace evidence from that death blow with the British men's DNA tissue, saliva, and footware samples, as there is probably trace evidence around the head wounds.

I mentioned the "head wounds" part, because, if there is any weight to the Thai men story, then any expat knows that Thai men like to get the victim down on the ground and then kick and stomp the shit out of their ribs and head, Thais do not use their fists. There should be plenty of evidence there to match against the British men's shoes, etc. This is purely speculatory, though. I believe the British men are more than likey not the ones who delivered the death blow.

Again, without the cause of death, this is all much ado about nothing; that includes the bar girl story about the wife, her lover and accomplices, the British men, a pre-existing injury or condition that was triggered by the rucus, and any other theory.

Let's hope Thailand C.S.I. conducts the proper investigation, and that the surviving family members hire a proper forensics expert to examine that evidence.

You are joking, surely?

He could at times be a pain in the B.tt though..

So one of his friends speculates that he might have been having woman problems, and then the above comment. Mix that with the scandihooligan propensity for severe alcohol abuse, and you are creating a recipe for trouble.

It's one thing getting a reaction when you're a pain in the butt to your peers, which wouldn't normally lead to a fatality despite what people say; but the reaction you get from a bunch of Thai men late at night is a different thing entirely. Whereas Europeans tend to adhere to the philosophy of "never kick a man when he's down", the Thais consider that the best time to really get started.

Anyway, the bottom line is still that I'm sure nothing this guy did deserved the Dr. Marten Death Penalty.

No one in Britain will thank you for calling them European, so don't.

wales is in britian. plenty of people there this weekend going 'Europe, Europe' at Celticc Manor. Now I cant prove any of them where British, but I would put a bet on it though.

G

And yet another alcohol related incident...in Pattaya.

Yeah they have Alcohol related incidents all over the world apparently.

First of all: My condolences to his wife, friends and family. RIP.

It's time for all people on this world to understand that we all live under the same sun.

Alcohol related fights- in front of some girls- are always a pain in the ass for all involved.

Let's hoe they find out what really happened. :jap:

And yet another alcohol related incident...in Pattaya.

I know its terrible thatPattaya is the only place on earth where this happens,disgusting

I agree with your sarcasm, Pattaya is just like any old neighbourhood in the world. Not at all the scum sucking hel_l hole filled with organized crime and dead beat drunks and drug abusers. It could have been anyone getting in this fight, at any old bar in any old town. :jap:

He could at times be a pain in the B.tt though..

So one of his friends speculates that he might have been having woman problems, and then the above comment. Mix that with the scandihooligan propensity for severe alcohol abuse, and you are creating a recipe for trouble.

It's one thing getting a reaction when you're a pain in the butt to your peers, which wouldn't normally lead to a fatality despite what people say; but the reaction you get from a bunch of Thai men late at night is a different thing entirely. Whereas Europeans tend to adhere to the philosophy of "never kick a man when he's down", the Thais consider that the best time to really get started.

Anyway, the bottom line is still that I'm sure nothing this guy did deserved the Dr. Marten Death Penalty.

Nice going Chicog - Insulted all of scandinavia with the Scandihooligan comment then insults all Thais with the kick a man when he is down comment.

good one.