Dane Dies After Brawling in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya is no more dangerous than any other place. You have deaths like those reported everywhere in the world on a daily basis, difference being in most places they are not news worthy so they are not reported. :)

Explain what makes someone's death, murder, assassination etc. worthy of being reported by the media as opposed to someone's death, murder, assassination etc NOT being worthy of being reported by the media.

As I understand correctly, only deaths like those happening in Pattaya and Phuket are worthy of being reported. Nevertheless, we "have deaths like those reported everywhere in the world on a daily basis".

Well, I live in Bali and I NEVER read about deaths or serious accidents like those taking place in Thailand on a daily basis. Are you perhaps implying that "accidents" do happen here, as frequent and as bad as they do in Thailand, it's just that they are not worth being reported by the local media??????/

It's like this.....

Great Britain is the largest of the British Isles. The Island nation consists of three separate countries: England, Scotland and Wales. I am English, and I have a British passport.

A Scotsman will also have a British passport but that does not make him English nor Welsh. Likewise with the Welsh. The British passport does refer to the three separate countries but does not specify which one in particular we are from.

Just to re-iterate. I am English AND British.

I could confuse matters further by mentioning The United Kingdom which includes the three countries mentioned already PLUS N. Ireland, but it's best to keep it simple for now methinks.

Have to nitpick a little here.

There are only two countries in the United Kingdom. They are England and Scotland.

United Kingdom came into being when the Scottish King James VI, took the English crown in 1603.

Uniting the Kingdoms as King James I. It was he that started the union flag of St George and St Andrew.

Look at the coat of arms on your passport (UK) It shows the Unicorn of Scotland and the Lion of England.

In England you will see on the coat the Harp of Ireland, Ramapant Lion of Scotland and the three Lions of England x 2.

When flown in Scotland the Ramapant Lion is shown twice

No Welsh dragon anywhere, since Wales was a principality of the English crown. That is why you have a Prince of Wales.

Just a little query for some?

What is the red saltire on a white background which is the third flag in the Union Flag, what is the Saint and country?

Just a little query for some?

What is the red saltire on a white background which is the third flag in the Union Flag, what is the Saint and country?

The three components of the flag are The Cross of Saint Andrew (Scotland) counterchanged with the Cross of Saint Patrick (Ireland) over all the Cross of Saint George (England).

But all this is seriously :offtopic:

RIP Lars.

Sad way to end what should have been a joyous family-oriented holiday by going out on the piss and mixing it up with other drunks. Three week old baby that will never know his dad. I imagine the wife is inconsolable, especially if their home was in Denmark which very much appears to be the case here (pub owner in Denmark and son born there).

Sounds like banging his head on the pavement after being knocked down was a contributing factor. How many times have we read about drunks picking themselves up after a bit of head trauma, going off to bed and waking up dead (if you know what I mean)? The unconfirmed bit about carrying on drinking and possibly being robbed (assaulted) by some Thai villains is to be expected... it is a party town and Soi Diana is in the middle of it.

The police charged the English guys because they had already attended the initial bar fracas and had witness accounts. The ongoing binge and further assaults are all conjecture and nobody gets banged up for long on conjecture... usually.

I agree with your post 100%.The Danish guy was banging his head on the pavement had something to do with his dead...however, the 2 Brits have to fight in court. The Medical Examinator has to testify after examined the body....I am sure the truth will prevail...if the Dane got rob then the doctor will find out...from DNA and the wound... from new technology. Anyone who knows about this case should report....well my heart and soul go with his wife and son...I am so sorry....thing like this should not happen?? my take and opinion.

Are you perhaps implying that "accidents" do happen here, as frequent and as bad as they do in Thailand, it's just that they are not worth being reported by the local media??????/

definitely not front page news - you are lucky to get a line or two buried in the rears of a paper. It just isn't worth reporting.

I want to corrct my statemeny of yesterday, that I don't trust any Thaï; it is not true end unfair; there are several Thaï persons dear to me, and I respect the monks .

I used to roam Chiang Mai¨all night long and never had a shade of a problem..

5555! Right, right!

And I have lots of black friends and respect Nelson Mandela..I occasionally can be found roaming lower Suckumvit all night long. Can't say it's without it's problems though. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...