Happy Birthday

sriracha john

There was something on the late thai news last night about and influx of farmers from around the country , many arriving on the single stroke disiel utility vehicles , into bangkok to protest on the hardships they are starting to endure because of the fuel price rise . I was happy to note they were actually blaming mr 't' for the problem.

you are reaping what you have sowed - happy birthday mr 't'

Happy Birthday Khun Thaksin....

Please take a few moments today to reflect on the plethora of problems facing this country...

you can do so much...

you have the power...

you have the money...

now if you can only find the wisdom to do something right with it...

Happy birthday Mr. Taksin :o

Granted that with transliteration of Thai names into English there is lots of room for contention, but please don't confuse the generally-accepted spellings of Khun Thaksin with the Great King Taksin.

One of them was a tremendously intelligent and brave man... and the other was a businessman.... you can decide which is which. :D

Peace in the South is PM's birthday wish

Published on Jul 26 , 2005

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Tuesday he would like nothing more for this 56th birthday than restoration of peace and order in the deep South.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decapitated head found in Pattani

Police discovered the head of a policeman's son, believed to have been beheaded by Islamic militants in Pattani province, however the body is still missing.

The head of 29-year-old Ekkasak Wisetsuwannaphum, the son of a policeman, on the roadside in the Saiburi district of Pattani, Lt. Col. Chalor Yuankuert said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOUTHERN VIOLENCE: Ex-school chief, policeman's son killed

Former headmaster in Narathiwat shot dead, son of Pattani officer decapitated

A former school director was gunned down in Narathiwat yesterday and the head of a policeman's son was found in Pattani.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm.... Good thing Mr. T didn't wish for Thailand's economy to improve.

:o:D:D

I certainly didn't celebrate his birthday....but I did congratulate my Thai next door neighbour AGAIN on having voted Thaksin dictator for life. (My neighbour likes to share a beer with a farang once in a while)...not sure if he got the wry homour there!....probably not.

Felt sorry for that poor little bugger whose photo appeared on the front page of the Nation last week....even as a baby he appears to bear an uncanny resemblance to the "great man" himself - Thaksin.

Wonder who the father is!