Anonimyty On Tv - Why?

Pikey

I've been pondering this for a long time - why do people "hide" behind weird names on forums? Sure there are some internet warriors but most of us are decent blokes. Where I work, I welcome loads of mates but hardly ever ask if they write here and what their "handle" is. Come to think of it, given the amount of <deleted> written here, it's no wonder.

Anyway, I am "Pikey" or Jeff Pike. Am 50% of //snip// Bikes rental shop here in //snip//. I like a beer, like to blat around on bikes and hate a lot of the <deleted> here. Anyone else willing to come out of the closet?"

Cheers,

Pikey.

Edited by astral
No spam advertising please - Astral

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where I work, I welcome loads of mates but hardly ever ask if they write here and what their "handle" is. Come to think of it, given the amount of <deleted> written here, it's no wonder.

Great marketing! Come up with it all by your lonesome, did you?

There you go - a genuine post by me and 4 or 5 <deleted> replies. Kind of sums up TV really. I am out of here.

Your two posts don't go together.

First you wrote " some internet warriors but most of us are decent blokes " and now you are abusing people with the above quoted. Sheish give people a few moments to reply before you throw a little tantrum. Hate to get work done on my bike where the mechanic is telling you he is the best and moment later throwing the screwdriver down because he cant get the fairing off. rolleyes.gif

There you go - a genuine post by me and 4 or 5 <deleted> replies. Kind of sums up TV really. I am out of here.

<deleted>.

First you wrote " some internet warriors but most of us are decent blokes " and now you are abusing people with the above quoted. Sheish give people a few moments to reply before you throw a little tantrum. Hate to get work done on my bike where the mechanic is telling you he is the best and moment later throwing the screwdriver down because he cant get the fairing off. rolleyes.gif

Nah, funny ND, good analogy but there are so many negative ***** here when it could be a good resource - just pisses me off. So many people are happy to jump in quickly with negative comments - I pity their sad lives. BTW, our mechanics are pretty good and if you front up with your real name/TV name, I'll give you 10% discount on the workshop rate. You might even get a cup of PG!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Oups.

You start by referring to the "amount of <deleted> written here", and then inform us that you "hate a lot of the <deleted> here". You follow that up by rating your own post as the only genuine one and finishes off by calling people "*****" and sob about being "out of here"...?

:cheesy:

For **** sake, if the missus is not putting out; there are all sorts of alternatives in this country. Get it fixed tonight!

<deleted>.

Nah, funny ND, good analogy but there are so many negative ***** here when it could be a good resource - just pisses me off. So many people are happy to jump in quickly with negative comments - I pity their sad lives. BTW, our mechanics are pretty good and if you front up with your real name/TV name, I'll give you 10% discount on the workshop rate. You might even get a cup of PG!

Cheers,

Pikey.

And please, don't construe this as self promotion because I have enough to fill my time without TV/Internet tyre kickers coming by and wasting my time. :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

well said too many people here live there life on here moaning ,whinging about and trying to change thailand smae old posters posting same old rubbish and then they say they come thailand for a better life ,oh yeah posting all day on tv is a great life......

Alot of people on here know my real name and have seen my photo, as I have seen theirs and know their real names.

That was a few years ago. Before all the crap started about posting photos etc. Which I understood and understand.

A thing that Ian can get away with!!

This thread makes me think about an article in the BP lately ,

that farang will never understand ' Thainess ' , in regard of the responses

in this thread , which got me astonished ( not really ) . I almost seem to understand

the reason and some truth of that ...

To give a wai is just for politeness , as we see hello how you doing , sometimes

its not appropriate perhaps , but its never wrong to wai to a Thai for Thais .

None of them will take it wrongly if a foreigner doesn't understand , but if you do ,

which they can judge on the way you move ( type of smile , wai or reaction to it ) they

will make it clear you are as a Thai , to have some Thainess or understanding .

But I had one odd wai at a time , a fellow Farang gave me a wai .. that really made me feel odd , or he made himself look as the Op said as a tosser ...

I personally not wai much , but I do occasionally at places where its the culture of doing so .

Eeeehhhh....this is the thread where we're taking the mickey out of Pikey for calling us "twa*s" and all sorts of other stuff easily invented after a deep dive in a bottle of scotch.

Anonymity? Well, The potential for embarrassment is endless. I shall provide a visual explanation.

1. Image 1 represents what can happen if one of the mentally deficient TVF members takes a fancy to someone. Unsolicited photos may show up. Does one really want to be treated to images of some members in their undies?

2. And then there is the fear of associating with the Pattaya people. Those Pattaya people can have an embarrassing style of clothing.

3. Some people are terrified that if they are at a restaurant and someone like George in photo 3 is there eating. Does one really need to be greeted by a sauce splattered slob?

4. Some members may prefer anonymity, especially if they are out shopping for books from TVF sponsors

5. Anonymity for some follows the same principle as the Boobs Rule.

Trust this helps.

Edited by geriatrickid

"Anyway, I am "Pikey" or Jeff Pike. Am 50% of //snip// Bikes rental shop here in //snip//. I like a beer, like to blat around on bikes and hate a lot of the <deleted> here."

How does anyone know (and why should anyone care)?

I could claim to be Tony of //snip// rental shop here in //snip// and offer a week's free bike rental to any TV member booking by PM, two weeks if you turn up with Jingthing dressed in drag on a dog lead, and a month if you take him away with you, but that wouldn't necessarily mean it was true (it isn't, for those who are a bit slow today) or that my posts would necessarily be any more (or any less) worth reading.

Ah, now we know how you look like, and you don't care, but most love to keep their privacy. However, it is more or less 'not done' to use real name anywhere on the internet on public places. What if people or organizations you don't know and you might not like if you know, searching for all kinds of information about you and you family and relations via specialized search engines like peekyou.com, pipl.com, beenverified.com or trackthisnow.com ? Or what to think of something like 'identity theft' ? That happens a lot some clever guy steal your name and soon your passport, creditcards and homekeys and make your life very hard. Messageboards are full of frustrated and potentionally dangerous idiots you'd never expect, or perhaps an angry customer, so better be careful. We don't want unknown persons or organisations spy on us even if we have nothing to hide. Open and honest is usually the best, but not on the internet no thanks.

f1-Triumph_240_PM_4.jpg

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

And here`s the 6th <deleted> reply, BUSINESS PROMOTION.

I would not dare give my real name. Too seedy, shady and corrupt for my own good.

post-110219-045504900 1286643759_thumb.j