Anonimyty On Tv - Why?

Pikey

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met people from ThaiVisa, most are total dickheads and I never want to see them again. jap.gif

i have met a dozen TV-members and meet with a few once in a while. none of them is a <deleted> even though they all have dicks... i assume.

There are a few females of TV...they do not have big hands.

I've met people from ThaiVisa, most are total dickheads and I never want to see them again. jap.gif

i have met a dozen TV-members and meet with a few once in a while. none of them is a <deleted> even though they all have dicks... i assume.

You know what they say about people who Assume, Naam? Having said that, I am so glad you added those last two words to your post, if you didnt I was going to get really worried about you :o:lol: .

the death threats from imbeciles is a deterrent.

I think the consensus is that this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/405133-high-profile-members-who-disappear/

was not meant to be threatening...

I think that fear of violent confrontation helps us to refrain from heaping abuse upon strangers, and to maintain a civil tongue.

Sad, I know, but certainly true in my case

SC

There you go - a genuine post by me and 4 or 5 <deleted> replies. Kind of sums up TV really. I am out of here.

<deleted>.

Your two posts don't go together.

First you wrote " some internet warriors but most of us are decent blokes " and now you are abusing people with the above quoted. Sheish give people a few moments to reply before you throw a little tantrum. Hate to get work done on my bike where the mechanic is telling you he is the best and moment later throwing the screwdriver down because he cant get the fairing off. rolleyes.gif

Nah, funny ND, good analogy but there are so many negative ***** here when it could be a good resource - just pisses me off. So many people are happy to jump in quickly with negative comments - I pity their sad lives. BTW, our mechanics are pretty good and if you front up with your real name/TV name, I'll give you 10% discount on the workshop rate. You might even get a cup of PG!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Dear Pikey,

How are you today? Hopefully you are past your little bad spatt and back to doing what you do best (whad eva that is).

I live along way from ur place but when Im next in town, I'll drop by, I won't mention my name BUT I will come down the driveway on the back wheel & you will know its me :ph34r: .

Being the bargining type of guy I am, stick your 10%, I want 50% :lol: . What the hel_l is a cup of PG? :unsure: (I'm not sure I want that, so how bout 60% discount and you can keep the cup)??

What the hel_l is a cup of PG? :unsure: (I'm not sure I want that, so how bout 60% discount and you can keep the cup)??

PG tips ND, TEA!!!

Jeeeez. Some people know nothing.

i thankyou for your informative post.

HOW in hells name did tea end up being pg? why wouldnt he just say tea.....is it a pommie thing or something? :ermm:

Edited by neverdie

What the hel_l is a cup of PG? :unsure: (I'm not sure I want that, so how bout 60% discount and you can keep the cup)??

PG tips ND, TEA!!!

Jeeeez. Some people know nothing.

i thankyou for your informative post.

HOW in hells name did tea end up being pg? why wouldnt he just say tea.....is it a pommie thing or something? :ermm:

See what can happen when fail to appreciate the cultural diversity of the virtual world?

One tends to forget that there might be colonials amongst us

SC

Pikey left a nice message on my profile inviting me to come and see him - do you think he's gay?

I dunno. Did he suggest you take your shirts off first?

SC

No but I'm thinking his 'coming out' on Thai visa could be to meet some people. Maybe he's lonely or Big Tony is neglecting him.

Pikey left a nice message on my profile inviting me to come and see him - do you think he's gay?

SC

No but I'm thinking his 'coming out' on Thai visa could be to meet some people. Maybe he's lonely or Big Tony is neglecting him.

I was actually thinking contrariwise - was Marquis of Queensbury mentioned?

Anyway, I'll hold your jacket...

SC

I reckon all that story about him being from the bike shop was a wind up anyway, because in point of fact, I'm Brian, and so's my wife

SC

I was actually thinking contrariwise - was Marquis of Queensbury mentioned?

Anyway, I'll hold your jacket...

SC

I reckon all that story about him being from the bike shop was a wind up anyway, because in point of fact, I'm Brian, and so's my wife

Marquis of Queensbury - was he a cross-dresseror something - sounds very effeminate.

Are you hansum man?

Sorry, pikey asked him out first geri, you will need to wait ur turn :lol:

Oh...he made a pass at him!? That pretty much rules out the possibility of a typo (Tonys Big Dykes)...assuming sara is a man.

Are you hansum man?

Oh...he made a pass at him!? That pretty much rules out the possibility of a typo (Tonys Big Dykes)...assuming sara is a man.

Obvious...people go there for a long ride.

Are you hansum man?

So is that the end of the square go, then? Can I take my sponge home?

SC

• 5 months later...

A new take on the subject

Trolling for your soul

http://www.economist.com/node/18483765?story_id=18483765

The verdict is mixed. Internet purists lament that the new service spells the end of anonymity. That is a big minus if you are trying to organise protests on social-networking sites, which many in the Middle East have done. Or it can lead to self-censorship. Even TechCrunch has its doubts: most comments are now of the overly positive sort. Others say that by using the comment service, websites in practice hand over their most valuable asset: the community of users.

One of the most important act in democracy is anonymous : voting.

I believe there is good reason for that

Anybody who has followed Thaivisa for more than a week knows I'm not afraid of letting people know who I am, or what I stand for. However, I also understand people's reasons for anonymity. Yes, there are many "snipers" who are insecure twits, and who like nothing better than to pick apart, word by word, everything someone else types. That is THEIR problem that THEY can deal with. They are sad creatures who need pity. However, some people don't want the boss to know they are typing away on the boss's time. Others have conflicting reasons where their business could suffer and don't need the hassle. Others want to protect their families. I've had more than a few "stalkers" in the past, including a VERY strange one in Chiang Mai earlier this year. But, there is no real way for anyone to bother me. I don't sell anything and I don't get embarrassed. JurgenG brings up several good points about anonymity, so there's no reason to repeat them..

When I get back to Chiang Mai in November I'll come in for a chat, Pikey

I just realized that someone dug up another OLD post. I got suckered in again. Oh well, the loss of another 15 minutes.

Edited by IanForbes

Like so many others on here, I hide my identity and my real photo because I am such a handsome devil that the rest of you would swoon and fall to your knees before me in admiration. You would want to touch me in the hope my slim, muscle rippling body would rub off on you and you could then get a harem of beautiful women to pay you to be at their side, just like I have.

:ph34r::realangry::rolleyes: