Finally Made It To Pun Pun

Sansai Sam

After living in Chiang Mai for 10 years and hearing about Pun Pun many times I finally had dinner there last Saturday. I am really sad that I didn't go a long time ago. The food was great and the value for money is excellent. The owner was friendly, informative and cheerful. Being the generous guy I am I took my house staff...one Thai and one Thai Yai...the ladies in the kitchen whipped up something for each that they loved and I had a delicious liver and onions with sweet corn, mashed potatoes and gravy and a beautiful salad. I will be a regular and I encourage everyone to try it if they haven't already been.

Well we finally got to call into the Pun Pun, after a few phone calls with one with the taxi as they could not understand where the Pun pun Guest house was.

We saw the owner and his wife.

As we had had breakfast we had a early lunch and French toast with coffee and tea.

As we were talking we were told about the weekend trash & treasure market around the corner.

Well that was an experience.

We have organised our next trip and have organised our days outing to have a massage close by and then have lunch at the Pun Pun. :D

Really good things are being said about The Pun Pun and now that the 10% discount is more widely known, I hope Gonzo gets lots of customers. thumbsup.gif

Isn't this just what Chiang Mai needs, unpretentious restaurants with good food, reasonable prices and owners that are willing to give even a little more.

As I've said before, if you feel uncomfortable about receiving a discount, ask for it anyway and add it to the tip you are going to give to the server......goodwill all around. smile.gif

Why don't you take your staff to Pun Pun for dinner and then take them to the FREE Playhouse show afterwards tomorrow????

I've mentioned the free Playhouse to the staff and the're up for it. Details?

Edited by likite

How big is your car? :whistling:

ooooo you stalker, how big is my car? some would say bigger than yours. Is there place round the back?

Only if you drive a boat

Good one! I also like the food at Pun Pun, and Gonzo has such a lovely family. One of my favorite places in CM although we don't get there nearly enough.

Details...show starts at 8 pm. Please try to arrive by 7:45. Tomorrow is my treat. No strings. We have a special guest tomorrow...the popular Thai singer Khun Nadda Viyakarn. If your staff wants to meet her or take pics come early. The bar opens at 6:30. Please let me know a total number by tomorrow around 12.

Where can you park round this place? The car park, last time I drove past was tiny.

What is the posability of getting a tuk tuk or song tel to go home with.

Cannot deny that fact that the parking is limited. Our lot is small but we often have 4 - cars within the grounds plus several moto's. but there is on street parking a plenty within 100 metres. Hopefully the Pun Pun experience and food will make up for the inconvenience.

As far as tuk tuks or songtau transport, People do it every day without any major problem....With a little headstart we can even arrange it in advance

The Pun Pun

Remember, Google is your Friend

Should be able to "Google Map Pun Pun Chiang Mai" and see the location on a bigger scale, that is able to be seen by someone a little older.... Little pun intended....

:jap:

Edited by ThePunPun

I spent a fair amount of time yesterday doing just that but it never showed up labeled. The only one with markers was the below and guess that is not it. ;) If it was near Wat Suan Dok I would be over from the uni on my lunch hour. :D I was going to add it to my own Google interactive map and put a link here.

post-566-013134600 1286866856_thumb.jpg

I spent a fair amount of time yesterday doing just that but it never showed up labeled. The only one with markers was the below and guess that is not it. ;) If it was near Wat Suan Dok I would be over from the uni on my lunch hour. :D I was going to add it to my own Google interactive map and put a link here.

post-566-013134600 1286866856_thumb.jpg

If you tried to get to that Pun Pun to eat meat loaf you may have been disapointed. The marked one is the vegetarian returaunt.

Not too sure on the policy of posting links, but as a mod has done so, I guess its ok

If not, then if a mod is there today , they can delete it.....

" Google Maps Pun Pun Chiang Mai "

http://www.google.com/search?q=google+maps+pun+pun+chiang+mai&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLA_en

Then click the top one on the list.......

That should do it

The Pun Pun

It would be a great place to have dinner before going to the Playhouse tonight!!!!! :whistling:

Great Idea SsS , I think that I just might do that very thing.......

But early, cuz I want to get a good seat for the show too.

an unknown poster made this post.

:rolleyes:

Edited by ThePunPun