Melodramatic Dental Enquiry

The_Moog

Please could someone give me a ballpark estimate for...

1) Having all teeth and bridges extracted and a set of false teeth.

2) Having teeth made Hollywood pearly white by laser (or other new-fangled method) *

Thanks

MOOG

* Laser should be safe, and not of kind used to burn James Bond's <deleted>.

do you mean having fixed bridges extracted and replaced with removable false teeth?

why do you want to have this done? unless your teeth and gingivae are in a very diseased state you should think very carefully before having it done.have you considered having implants ?

I've had a quote from Convent Rd Dentists of THB 500 per tooth extraction and THB 9000-THB 13000 for the false choppers.

They're not my teeth - they are a friend's in Australia, SO.....any offers to do it cheaper?

The laser whitening is for me - looks like that'll be a whopping THB 15,000.

do you mean having fixed bridges extracted and replaced with removable false teeth?

why do you want to have this done? unless your teeth and gingivae are in a very diseased state you should think very carefully before having it done.have you considered having implants ?

I agree - Removable False are a Backward step - unless there IS a very good reason...

I have had all my uppers pulled and a full plate and a partial in the lower, I am very happy with the set up now,more so than with my teeth the way they were,of coarse I had the uppers done 22 years ago,and have had 1 anchor tooth pulled since coming to thailand,it was pulled at a cost of 300 baht and a new partial done for 3,000,and a new upper made for the same price.

I would not have implants done because of the high maintenance of implants,and fixed partials are a pain in the butt as far as cleaning.

Gingevitus seems to run in my family and some of the jobs I have had were not the kind of places where brushing your teeth was the easiest thing to do and also being a drunk does not help in the area of dental hygene.

I would highly reccomend the full upper and partial lower to anyone,as long as you get them that fit,If they do then they are as good as the real thing,and if not then you will not be happy.

But you want to save as many lowers as is possible because it is hard to hold a lower full denture.

Laser whitening is not a real option as some people do not produce tooth enamel that is pure white and so it is a temp. thing that needs to be done every so often.