Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. How's that pipe going? Is it one of the Bizumo's but without the labels?

I'll probably pick up a pipe in a month or so and looking for one that isn't too loud, and has good build quality... which rules out much of the local made stuff I feel. Still waiting on DBS's new 'quieter' pipe.

Nice. How's that pipe going? Is it one of the Bizumo's but without the labels?

I'll probably pick up a pipe in a month or so and looking for one that isn't too loud, and has good build quality... which rules out much of the local made stuff I feel. Still waiting on DBS's new 'quieter' pipe.

The pipe is ok, the quality itself i think is good nothing rusty, shaking or falling apart yet.Its quite loud, sometimes nearly annoying but not easy to find a good, not that loud, nice, decent priced, local made pipe. I am looking forward to get a full system from a indonesian manufacture they seem to be quite good.....

Looking good, the black windshield makes a big difference too on the black bike, you not planning on getting one? I Like the red rim tape, my new Versys has the same :)

you are right - the bike looks great in black. congratulations to your versys by the way. i´ve had the versys for a week before i went for the honda. there are just two things i didn´t like about it and that´s also what brought me to buy the honda finally.

1. i loved it sooo much that i did 180 on sukhumvit. that´s just stupid and i still can´t controll myself enough. obiously the honda doesn´t give me that problem:-)

2 . in small towns, i like to cruise very slowly, which is almost impossible on the versys - too much torque. if you don´t open the throttle and give it at least 3000 rpm - it bucks like a bronco.

back home i would have for sure bought the versys but roads and traffic seem to be a bit better there for the driving that comes out of me....

Went for a late afternoon cruise up to Ayutthaya again today (usually head up once a month or so if I've half a day to spare). I've had the air filter cover off for a few days, so decided to compare by putting it back on for the return leg... with it back on the bike runs nicer, smoother, and seems to be a bit nippier - the feeling that it runs lean when it isn't on. Plus it's way easier on the ears when doing 140kph straight for 30 minutes. With it off it sounds great for 20 minute runs around the city at different rpm, but gets tiresome on the eardrums after 30 mins on the highway.

Locals seemed to like the CBR.

45388387.jpg

31875383.jpg

91558852.jpg

Edited by hehehoho

Looking good, the black windshield makes a big difference too on the black bike, you not planning on getting one? I Like the red rim tape, my new Versys has the same :)

you are right - the bike looks great in black. congratulations to your versys by the way. i´ve had the versys for a week before i went for the honda. there are just two things i didn´t like about it and that´s also what brought me to buy the honda finally.

1. i loved it sooo much that i did 180 on sukhumvit. that´s just stupid and i still can´t controll myself enough. obiously the honda doesn´t give me that problem:-)

2 . in small towns, i like to cruise very slowly, which is almost impossible on the versys - too much torque. if you don´t open the throttle and give it at least 3000 rpm - it bucks like a bronco.

back home i would have for sure bought the versys but roads and traffic seem to be a bit better there for the driving that comes out of me....

I imagine I'd prefer the CBR if I lived in BKK too but I live in Chiang Rai and the Versys is ideal for the quiet, twisty mountain roads up here. I've only had it a couple of days but I think I disagree about not being able to cruise slowly as I found it as easy to drive slowly as the CBR but when you need the extra speed for overtaking or cruising it is there in abundance. But this is the CBR thread so won't pollute it any further with talk of the V :)

'The Bumblebee' was at the bike show in central world, was quoted something like 26,000thb for the yoshi pipe. :D

Certainly looks better than the hideous stocker on your little CR"r" :whistling:

Ummm, of course? :ermm:

Think you'll find that after-market slip-ons that cost 25% of a bike usually will Tony.

:passifier:

Edited by hehehoho

Yoshi's standard mufflers are out for the CBR250R. Quite reasonably priced too actually, in America, unless going for the carbon fibre which is US$200 more.

https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4697-1893-trc-stainlessstainless-slip-on.aspx

4697.jpg

4697_4_.jpg

US$379.

What's that, about 11,500thb. Be interesting how much above 20,000thb the Thai retailers sell it for.

And for those a bit less clued in, an aftermarket yoshi will usually be better looking than a stock pipe. :D

Edited by hehehoho

That Yoshi looks great!

Was in at Mityon Pattaya and they had this 250 done up with accessories. Gaudy springs to mind. I'm guessing it is to show off all the products available, if not then each to their own! Didn't ask about prices.

post-70604-0-03793600-1310454057_thumb.j

post-70604-0-80534600-1310454081_thumb.j

post-70604-0-47746600-1310454104_thumb.j

post-70604-0-02397300-1310454139_thumb.j

Taichi.... it looks like a Cbr version of your bike biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That Yoshi looks great!

Was in at Mityon Pattaya and they had this 250 done up with accessories. Gaudy springs to mind. I'm guessing it is to show off all the products available, if not then each to their own! Didn't ask about prices.

Taichi.... it looks like a Cbr version of your bike biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

:lol: The Wave AT is a classy girl (or maybe ladyboy)! Anyway just bought a 2nd hand CBR150i so i can pimp that too!

Edited by taichiplanet

Yoshi's standard mufflers are out for the CBR250R. Quite reasonably priced too actually, in America, unless going for the carbon fibre which is US$200 more.

https://www.yoshimur...ss-slip-on.aspx

4697.jpg

4697_4_.jpg

US$379.

What's that, about 11,500thb. Be interesting how much above 20,000thb the Thai retailers sell it for.

And for those a bit less clued in, an aftermarket yoshi will usually be better looking than a stock pipe. :D

Anything would look better than that fugly stock pipe... :rolleyes:

That Yoshi looks great!

All these accessories are from the company "bikers" in BKK. Not the cheapest but good quality and design, if you have a look at my bike pictures on top i got some of those. Especially the new handbars are nice as they are adjustable in height and there are now grips which you can adjust the front shocks hard-soft.

For anyone who may be interested, I received a rear stand today from Sumet Cycles for my cbr250 ( will also fit bigger bikes ) Good bit of kit and very well made, cheaper available but this is IMO worth the extra.

https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4697-1893-trc-stainlessstainless-slip-on.aspx

4697.jpg

4697_4_.jpg

US$379.

Hands down winner in the looks department, and stainless at a competitive price. It's going in my suitcase in October!

USPS declared a personal item, no taxes. No express mail.

Haha, no taxes, that's funny!

There is no guarantee of no taxes but the best way to avoid them, or at least pay as little as possible, is to have something sent in a handwritten package by USPS Priority and the gift/personal box ticked. Make sure a much lower value is declared and don't include the original receipt/invoice inside as it will almost definitely get opened and if they see a different amount on the receipt than what was declared they will charge you based on the invoice amount.

Even doing it this way will probably incurr taxes. I had a Leo Vince X3 exhaust sent last year which was around $350 but the declared amount was $75. They charged me around 37% of the declared amount and same again on the shipping costs (yes, they also charge tax on shipping!) and I had to pay around 1400baht in total but that's much less than I should have done and saved about 10k baht compared to the price they were asking in BKK.

If you have family/friends in America get it shipped to them (normally free) and then ask them to take it out of the original box & packaging, repack it and send it onwards. If no friends/family then email around dealers and find one willing to sned it with the above instructions.

Good Luck

USPS declared a personal item, no taxes. No express mail.

Haha, no taxes, that's funny!

There is no guarantee of no taxes but the best way to avoid them, or at least pay as little as possible, is to have something sent in a handwritten package by USPS Priority and the gift/personal box ticked. Make sure a much lower value is declared and don't include the original receipt/invoice inside as it will almost definitely get opened and if they see a different amount on the receipt than what was declared they will charge you based on the invoice amount.

Even doing it this way will probably incurr taxes. I had a Leo Vince X3 exhaust sent last year which was around $350 but the declared amount was $75. They charged me around 37% of the declared amount and same again on the shipping costs (yes, they also charge tax on shipping!) and I had to pay around 1400baht in total but that's much less than I should have done and saved about 10k baht compared to the price they were asking in BKK.

If you have family/friends in America get it shipped to them (normally free) and then ask them to take it out of the original box & packaging, repack it and send it onwards. If no friends/family then email around dealers and find one willing to sned it with the above instructions.

Good Luck

FWIW lying on a customs declaration form can result in the seizure of your parcel and even a fine... While I've yet to hear of anyone being fined in Thailand I do know some folks who've lost goods to Thai Customs because they asked the shipper declare false information on the Customs form. Thai Customs are not as dumb as you think. They know the rough value of an imported exhaust. They only inspect a small percentage of packages so you might get lucky, but if they inspect your package and see you've declared a $350 dollar item at $75 there's a good chance you'll lose your package. Just something to be aware of. T

Get the package sent to a Thai name. Helps a lot, helps even more if you right the name in thai on the side of the package.

General rule of thumb is to not declare a value which is less than the actual shipping charge, that'll set off red flags all day long.