Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

One thing for sure we have no shortage of cbr250s in pattaya. I saw 3 in a non air shop in naklua on naklua rd and all the big mityons have them the one on 3rd & N. pattaya has a red white and blue...Across from carfour they have one spinning in the window too.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, unless they got some in today, the Honda Showroom in CNX is bare when it comes to CBR's. Two weeks ago they had 3, last week then had 1 all black, and then Saturday they had Zero.

Which one? There are quite a few Honda dealers in CNX...

Kittisak Racing do a rear set for the CBR250 (Gold, Silver or Black) THB3500, also some mirrors.

There are also pictures of an alloy swing arm but no info or price

http://www.cbr250tha...ead.php?tid=393

What's the point to tune a touring bike in a racing bike.

This bike, I own one, is perfect to ride CNX - Mae Hong Son with fun, why do you want to show off you own a Superbike ?

Kittisak Racing do a rear set for the CBR250 (Gold, Silver or Black) THB3500, also some mirrors.

This bike, I own one, is perfect to ride CNX - Mae Hong Son with fun, why do you want to show off you own a Superbike ?

Well, it's already dressed up to LOOK like a sports bike, so what's wrong with giving it some race rearsets, race exhaust, etc?

Don't worry, no one will mistake it for a superbike! ;)

To each their own mate. Live and let live!

Happy Trails!

Tony

I need to ask you then what is the point of turning a sport bike into a touring bike?

& N. pattaya has a red white and blue...

last week then had 1 all black

Presumably 150s, as those colour schemes aren't released on the 250's here.

Wrong! The all black WAS a 250. I have the new 150 tri-color, and know the difference between the two bikes. Plus, when it says CBR 250 in white letters on the black background, that's a little hard to ignore. Now if you're talking about the red/white/blue, then yes, that's a 250.

Oh, and it was at the Honda Showroom by the airport.

last week then had 1 all black

Wrong!

laugh.gif

Calm down lad, calm down, you'll give yerself a heart-attack.

And btw, I'm not wrong, those colour schemes aren't released here.

The all black WAS a 250.

So they're modding and selling a version that isn't available in Thailand! Cool.

You know what they say, a picture is a worth a thousand words...

Wrong!

laugh.gif

Calm down lad, calm down, you'll give yerself a heart-attack.

And btw, I'm not wrong, those colour schemes aren't released here.

The all black WAS a 250.

So they're modding and selling a version that isn't available in Thailand! Cool.

You know what they say, a picture is a worth a thousand words...

I can confirm that the Honda Shop by the airport in CMX did indeed have a black CBR 250!

Not all black though...small ugly smatterings of silver were unfortunately there too!

Maybe this might make you happy then! Its a 150 but you can weigh down your 250 with them as well. Happy touring!

post-70604-0-18227300-1296002173_thumb.j

post-70604-0-19087000-1296002204_thumb.j

Who said he gonna tune his cbr250 in racing bike? As Snowflake said its all about customization and personalization. I am enjoying to transform something standard into something unique. Sure some Mods eg. exhaust will squeeze out some more power, but in the end its about the look and sound... at least for this kind of bike and for myself.

Turned 2000km today. 1500km since I got back a week ago. 300km yesterday and 400 more today.

Mirror fell off yesterday. Honda tool kit didn't have the small Allen key needed.

Hit 156 on Superhighway yesterday.

===

I've been riding all the mountain places I used to go on my 150.

Suthep and up to the lookout past Doi Pui. (After the turnoff, the whole road is brand new asphalt and barely half width. It's a hoot!)

Ma Sa Valley - (I've been doing it both ways these days)and Samoeng with the 50 km 'narrow road' loop behind (has 1.6 km dirt road). Mae Pa, I think

I like going to Phrao and through to Chiang Dao, and now I've found the more northerly way out of Phrao. That's where I did most of my 400km today (hwy 1346 - great!)

===

Can really approach acceleration and cornering in a much different way than the 150. It's allowing me to ride more technically - 'seeing through the arc' and really using the power of the bike to guide it.

Real confidence of how the wheels engage the road too. I'm not watching for every little rut or bump. Can feel the road really well. Great balance.

Way less shifting too. Only a single down-shift before a corner (good engine breaking etc). And it is such a treat to just give it gas and just pull through right through.

I did love my fast CBR150 - it could zip up anywhere and always had power (I had it reasonably built up). If you wanted or needed to accelerate fast, it was always one or two down-shifts and "praaaoooow" - away you go. The bike demanded that it be ridden that way. No choice! Attack hard, or watch the backs of scooters. (I assume the Ninja is like this. If you aren't punching it all the time, you are just limping along).

It's nice to be able to just climb a dang hill without making a scene!

Torque, my friends. Torque...

Even usable torque starting at 3k can pull up pretty quickly. Riding at 7-8k this bike is a monster!

On the highways, I bomb along between cars just like the CBR150. 120km/hr seems to pass more things on this bike than on the old one. Probably a more accurate speedo. Anything over about 135/140 is not so comfortable anyways. A different wind screen may make a big difference.

In the city it feels like my old 150. The mirrors are a little wider - but the bike isn't! Usually make my way up to the lights - even in tight traffic.

30-31km/liter always.

Absolutely love the kick stand. Sure.

Mark... Welcome back! Nice to see a riding report on this thread. Very good! Any observations on vibration?

Hi guys,

I have noticed just over the last couple of days that when slowing down the bike feels 'rough'. Not the engine but maybe gear box or change linkages. Could this be because i got caught in a small tropical shower the other day and removed the lube from my chain? It happened on my old 150 too but i thought that was because it was old and a bit nackered?

Any thoughts on what could be the cause and how to fix it?

Thanks. jap.gif

Maybe this might make you happy then! Its a 150 but you can weigh down your 250 with them as well. Happy touring!

What's wrong with having the storage? I have that set up on my 150. It is my only means of transportation and the boxes are very handy when going out of town for the weekend.

I can confirm that the Honda Shop by the airport in CMX did indeed have a black CBR 250!

Not all black though...small ugly smatterings of silver were unfortunately there too!

Yes, the black and silver model, the one that I have.

pict0236.jpg

The all black is not released here.

Agree with the silver comment, not exactly ugly, but not exactly pretty. When I've the time I'm getting them painted gloss black, and the rims matte black. Will add some silver and red rim tape, and perhaps the rear spring in red too if it's possible.

What's wrong with having the storage? I have that set up on my 150. It is my only means of transportation and the boxes are very handy when going out of town for the weekend.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just pointing out that people use bikes for different reasons. Sorry for being too subtle. :jap:

Its your bike so you can do whatever you want with it, and as long as you enjoy it who gives a toss what others think.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just pointing out that people use bikes for different reasons. Sorry for being too subtle. :jap:

Its your bike so you can do whatever you want with it, and as long as you enjoy it who gives a toss what others think.

FREEDOM for everybody ! Also for CBR and Ninja drivers.jap.gif

Hi guys,

I have noticed just over the last couple of days that when slowing down the bike feels 'rough'. Not the engine but maybe gear box or change linkages. Could this be because i got caught in a small tropical shower the other day and removed the lube from my chain? It happened on my old 150 too but i thought that was because it was old and a bit nackered?

Thanks. jap.gif

Just me then?unsure.gif

Hi guys,

Thanks. jap.gif

Just me then?unsure.gif

Umm take your BRAND NEW Honda bike to the Honda shop and ask them to look at it?

But yes check the chain 1st. I do not know if it's an O-ring chain or not. maybe check the manual. If you do not have chain lube the many shops sell the Yamaha auto lube in a small white bottle i have found thats easy and good to lube ya chain.

I was down at my local honda where I bought my babe for 104k on the 22nd of december...

They are selling the ABS version now for 132K--- I asked them what they were thinking since the AP Honda recommended price is 115k...

The sales girl and my spot on mech told me that the boss wanted that and they could not do anything about the price...

Sorry guys- seems that honda wants more money - dealers that is... I mean, the owners of the dealers!!!

ANYWAYS...

I found a spare part brochure for the CBR, look at this!!!

Extra3.jpg

Look at the rear shocks on that one, along with all the fake carbon... NICE... Look at the muffler too... all carbon (FAKE)

Extra2.jpg

Strange top box, but still, better than what someone wanted to put on

Extra.jpg

All these parts are fairly cheap (not the shocks since I don't know the price, but the rest is cheap...

Something nice there huh???

JR Motors have pics and prices of the 150 and 250 accessories on their website

http://www.jrmotor.com/customize-cbr150r.html

JR Motors also now have an ECM for the CBR250

http://www.jrmotor.com/index.php?lay=boardshow&ac=webboard_show&No=1294037&WBntype=3

Mark... Welcome back! Nice to see a riding report on this thread. Very good! Any observations on vibration?

Thank you! Vibration, eh? Not much. No buzzing hands or anything. If anything, it is smoother than the old 150. 300k one day. 400k the next. No problem.

There are some plastic rattling sounds (cowling etc) at about 7k (much like the 150), but nothing through to the hands.

That being said, there is a fair bit of mechanical noise at idle. I put is down to all the extra little balancing stuff in there. After about 3k it just smooths right out.

Sounds like a real powerhouse. A real 'mill'! Smooth and quiet.

Was at N Panich yesterday for an oil change (still don't have the oil filters yet!!!), and found out that they are sold out of the 250. Even had an ABS there, but it was sold.

Again, I bet these bikes are going to go up in price, and it will be hard to find one in stock.

And how about that 1200DOLLAR ECM at JR Motors?! How long before those become affordable?

So 'Dog. How about a ride?! LMK, Mark

Thank you! Vibration, eh? Not much. No buzzing hands or anything. If anything, it is smoother than the old 150. 300k one day. 400k the next. No problem.

There are some plastic rattling sounds (cowling etc) at about 7k (much like the 150), but nothing through to the hands.

That being said, there is a fair bit of mechanical noise at idle. I put is down to all the extra little balancing stuff in there. After about 3k it just smooths right out.

Sounds like a real powerhouse. A real 'mill'! Smooth and quiet.

Was at N Panich yesterday for an oil change (still don't have the oil filters yet!!!), and found out that they are sold out of the 250. Even had an ABS there, but it was sold.

Again, I bet these bikes are going to go up in price, and it will be hard to find one in stock.

And how about that 1200DOLLAR ECM at JR Motors?! How long before those become affordable?

So 'Dog. How about a ride?! LMK, Mark

Ummmm. It's 1,200baht. Not dollar cool.gifbiggrin.gif

Ummmm. It's 1,200baht. Not dollar cool.gifbiggrin.gif

Well, I blame it on Google translate!

But seriously, what is it for 40 bucks? I know that spark remappers run hundreds and hundreds of dollars, so I was assuming it was some hi-tech fuel injection remapper.

Anyone know more about this thing (now that the price has dropped and it is within my means)?

JR Motors have pics and prices of the 150 and 250 accessories on their website

http://www.jrmotor.c...ze-cbr150r.html

Nice info, thanks.

Interesting to see the touring screen for the 150 at 1,399b.

Also interesting to see the carbon fiber parts for the 150. Really only a matter of time before such are available for the 250.

A real bonus of going Honda.

Archived