Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I love my little bike...

Finished teaching my special class in nst today- decided to turn teft and pop down the road on the way homeg turned right at the intersection and rode towards thung song 70km away- once there I turned right from the highway and rode the backroads towards thung yai and then ao nang krabi... Got there and did a uturn- main road back to wiangsae- and turned left towards surat thaini... Almost in surat i turned right on a nice new road whixh cut me straight onto the main road from surat to nakhon... Flew past kanom and sichon- stopped at tesco for a piece of bread...

A bit over 400km on my way home from work- i really like to ride my bike...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for RRP yes it is Recommended Retail Price.

APe are making NO attempt of enforcing RRP,

Again, due to what the words mean, it isn't actually possible to enforce a recommendation, otherwise it wouldn't be a recommendation, it would be a command. The CRP (Commanded Retail Price).

Had a lovely 2-up ride down to Bang Saen beach today. Didn't need to go over 6000rpm the whole way down. Plenty of torque in the lower gears, and a light, easy cruising at 100kph was fine for the two of us.

Did open up a bit on the way back. under the Bang Na-Trat a fino pulled in with two young punks on it and had it pinned at 105kph dodging in and out like fuc_kwits. Came up behind them then opened up, shot past them at 130 and flew up to 140, no worries 2-up.

1000 and 6000km Services.

On the manual it has a grid with what needs to be done for the 1000 and 6000km services (and all the other ones). It's on page 12 and 13 of the manual.

Anyone's reading better than mine and can list what they should be doing (have to do) on each one.

Thanks.

"Again, due to what the words mean, it isn't actually possible to enforce a recommendation, otherwise it wouldn't be a recommendation, it would be a command. The CRP (Commanded Retail Price)."

We all know what the actual words mean. Its when you put them together is when it matters.

every other manufacturer ensures that the customer is not a victim of price gouging but APe seem incapable or just plan don't care.

Thats what every one is getting at :ph34r:

I was down at my local honda where I bought my babe for 104k on the 22nd of december...

They are selling the ABS version now for 132K--- I asked them what they were thinking since the AP Honda recommended price is 115k...

The sales girl and my spot on mech told me that the boss wanted that and they could not do anything about the price...

Sorry guys- seems that honda wants more money - dealers that is... I mean, the owners of the dealers!!!

ANYWAYS...

I found a spare part brochure for the CBR, look at this!!!

Extra3.jpg

Look at the rear shocks on that one, along with all the fake carbon... NICE... Look at the muffler too... all carbon (FAKE)

Extra2.jpg

Strange top box, but still, better than what someone wanted to put on

Extra.jpg

All these parts are fairly cheap (not the shocks since I don't know the price, but the rest is cheap...

Something nice there huh???

I also stole this one book that was laying around, story about the concept behind the new CBR- all in thai but I will let my students translate it bit by bit as extra work/credits or punishment... (hey, still educational...)

But look at the grey circle at the top... IT CLEARLY SAYS CBR600, does that mean they will sell their CBR cheap here too??? (not starting rumors now, just asking if anyone has heard anything...

Future.jpg

Good work SF.

Is the pipe on the Sports Performance' model any different? Or just have carbon fibre sticker stuck on it?

The gray circle with the CBR600 written in it says *squinting eyes* Rot nam khao.

Khao as in 'enter'?

Interesting find anyway, I'll have to pick one up at the dealers and see if they can source some of the parts maybe. Doubt it though, given their levels of incompetence.

Good work SF.

Is the pipe on the Sports Performance' model any different? Or just have carbon fibre sticker stuck on it?

The gray circle with the CBR600 written in it says *squinting eyes* Rot nam khao.

Khao as in 'enter'?

Interesting find anyway, I'll have to pick one up at the dealers and see if they can source some of the parts maybe. Doubt it though, given their levels of incompetence.

maybe: rot naa kao (khao)

rot: vehicle

naa: (placed in front of verbs to make new verb derivatives) ought to, might like to, worthy of

kao: enter, join, insert ....

Clear as mud to me.

Good work SF.

Khao as in 'enter'?

naa: (placed in front of verbs to make new verb derivatives) ought to, might like to, worthy of

Clear as mud to me.

Honda big bikes in LOS, the beginning would be construction of their big bike showroom in BKK, computerimages released couple of years ago. Anyone seen any construction start yet?

Once they have that spare part list, they should be able to order a few items for you..

I got some carbon stickers (tank guards) and the windscreen and the gloves from the CBR150 brochure (same thing)...

Within 3 days I had the items on my bike.

Stickers were expensive (300B) the black windscreen was 350B so cheap, gloves were honda sporty gloves for about 1100b...

Not bad considering it is the only viable option here in NST...

I will order more parts when I get back from bangkok...

Good work SF.

Khao as in 'enter'?

Clear as mud to me.

Honda big bikes in LOS, the beginning would be construction of their big bike showroom in BKK, computerimages released couple of years ago. Anyone seen any construction start yet?

Okay i think it is รถนำเข้า which is 'vehicle imports' or vehicle imported'

Good work SF.

Khao as in 'enter'?

Clear as mud to me.

Honda started building their "Big Wing" showroom in Bangkok a few years ago, then mothballed it due to the "global financial crisis".

HondabigwingBKK.jpg

I drove past it last week and there were no signs of any activity or construction. Hopefully some day they'll pull their collective thumb out of their a$$ and get it done...

T

I was near the Pattaya Kawasaki Big Bike shop today, so stopped in to look around..

A 1-year old Ninja250 -Green- with just over 4,000km, re-upholstered seat (nicely done), Pirelli Sport Demon rubber for 120k. Out of warranty? I forgot to ask.

A 2 year-old Black Ninja250, over 11,000km, fancy can, Pirelli Sport Demon rubber for 110,000k. That one will sit there for awhile at that price.

These guys are in trouble as soon as Honda can get up to speed regarding stock. I hear the ABS models are starting to trickle in.

Yes, Mityon Pattaya seems to have joined in the "fun". The shop nearest to me quoting 110,000 for non-ABS last week. But all the Mityon shops will deal against each other. I think Mityon owns the Kawasaki Big Bike shop as well.

Well my 'local' Honda shop which is a nice air conditioned showroom with a professional looking service centre just quoted me 135,000baht cash or with monthly interest of 1.69%.. Yer right but NO.

My other shop in Nakhonpathom is saying 120,000b including 2 years theft insurance and extras (not sure what) and 1% per month. Smaller shop only has air in the office and a more 'typical' service area :D:D

Guess were i'm buying :D:D

Well my 'local' Honda shop which is a nice air conditioned showroom with a professional looking service centre just quoted me 135,000baht cash or with monthly interest of 1.69%.. Yer right but NO.

My other shop in Nakhonpathom is saying 120,000b including 2 years theft insurance and extras (not sure what) and 1% per month. Smaller shop only has air in the office and a more 'typical' service area :D:D

Let me guess. 15,000 baht more at aircon place #1 plus - I'm trying to recall that earlier interest discussion - 20% APR interest? Yep, befriend the office folks at place 2.

Consider yourself lucky, however, we've got one shop in town still asking 120K for the non-ABS model and no theft ins last time I asked (then and forever).

120k including theft i think thats fair.... go for it thaicbr.

So more guys having/ getting a 250 now, how about a trip soon?

I have seen the Kittisak/Kspeed rearsets and the Moth rearsets.

Personally IF i was going to buy i would pay the extra for the Moth ones... Much more heavy duty/robust.. Saying that there are going to be many more available soon.

Archived