Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

.... I am betting the ABS will end up at 145, and 130 for the non-ABS.

As long as cbr 250 is being produced in Thailand, how can it be 130 k here when it is 120 k in USA?

10 days ago the biggest Honda dealer in Khampaeng Phet quoted me 140,000 baht for a 250 with ABS.

---

150k is the price my regular dealer in Bangkok quoted me a couple a days ago for the ABS model.

---

Yesterday, the largest dealer in Phitsanulok quoted me 120,000 for a standard 250, and 150,000 with ABS

Maybe we are making a good investment. Love to see my bike worth 20k more next year!

Another dealer in Phitsanulok quoted me 110,000. Is there anywhere I can still buy a standard CBR250 for around the RRP?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from the BKK bikeshow. Altogether got about 8 CBR 250s down there. Was talking to K-Speed and their Bizomo slip on pipe looks alright for 6,500b installed. They say about 10% better performance.Also to paint all the silver bits black - 4,000b. And the two wheels 1000b each.

Another dealer in Phitsanulok quoted me 110,000.  Is there anywhere I can still buy a standard CBR250 for around the RRP?

Just buy it mate. It'll be the best 110k you ever spent. Especially as it's the same price as the ninja in most of the other regions it's being sold in. 110k is a steal. And running around and waiting trying to save a few 1000 can't be enjoyable. How far are you going to travel from P'Lok to buy it, then ride it back, then travel back to the dealer anytime you need to, won't this hassle cost just as much as you're trying to save? I paid 110k for mine before x-mas, ride out 30mins later. Could of hummed and hawed and waited until the new year to try and save a few baht but for what, to spend the savings on taxis and not knowing if I'll be able to source one. Just do it man.

Another dealer in Phitsanulok quoted me 110,000. Is there anywhere I can still buy a standard CBR250 for around the RRP?

Just buy it mate. It'll be the best 110k you ever spent. Especially as it's the same price as the ninja in most of the other regions it's being sold in. 110k is a steal. And running around and waiting trying to save a few 1000 can't be enjoyable. How far are you going to travel from P'Lok to buy it, then ride it back, then travel back to the dealer anytime you need to, won't this hassle cost just as much as you're trying to save? I paid 110k for mine before x-mas, ride out 30mins later. Could of hummed and hawed and waited until the new year to try and save a few baht but for what, to spend the savings on taxis and not knowing if I'll be able to source one. Just do it man.

Or exercise patience and give mods a chance to develop, and F*** the greedy dealers.

Or exercise patience and give mods a chance to develop, and F*** the greedy dealers.

This post doesn't make any sense. Do you mean 'wait, and the price will fall, and there'll also be mods developed during that time'?

By all indication and rumour Honda are going to increase the price as they seem to have undervalued it, and the market. Wait and pay more is just as likely as wait and pay less.

And I'm pretty sure mods will be developed whether he buys his bike or not.

Well my 'local' Honda shop which is a nice air conditioned showroom with a professional looking service centre just quoted me 135,000baht cash or with monthly interest of 1.69%.. Yer right but NO.

My other shop in Nakhonpathom is saying 120,000b including 2 years theft insurance and extras (not sure what) and 1% per month. Smaller shop only has air in the office and a more 'typical' service area :D:D

Guess were i'm buying :D:D

120k including theft i think thats fair.... go for it thaicbr.

So more guys having/ getting a 250 now, how about a trip soon?

If anyone has a week or so to spare in early Feb...I am doing Hua Hin-Krabi, just working out exac stopovers

I just got a quote today at the big one near the airport in Chiang Mai... 105k for regular and 125k for C-ABS that's with the book, registration, jacket, helmet...

This post doesn't make any sense. Do you mean 'wait, and the price will fall, and there'll also be mods developed during that time'?

By all indication and rumour Honda are going to increase the price as they seem to have undervalued it, and the market. Wait and pay more is just as likely as wait and pay less.

"...all indication and rumour" - if you will forgive me, may be an even worse standard by which to live (and spend) in Thailand than it is in the nation of my birth, where it is useless. I can easily imagine, however, that dealers are hollering at APHonda to raise the suggested price to beat down customer resistance.

Still, depending on how many kids I have to send to international schools, you might be right - I just dislike getting robbed of thousands by bigger fish.

That's not true as far as I know. As I said before, Honda Thailand has advertised this bike in the Thai media at 100/115 ,000ABS. Any other price is the dealers exploiting early interest. But that's Capitalism for you. We have enough examples of dealers pricing at or near the original Honda price to see which dealers are reaching too deep into our pockets.

As for where you buy it, all dealers will service it. That's the point of buying a Honda.

Honda Thailand has advertised this bike in the Thai media at 100/115 ,000ABS. Any other price is the dealers exploiting early interest.

I did see what appeared to be an official Honda price-list that showed 110,000 for the regular. That was over a month ago...

Still no plates on the bike

Granted we had Christmas and New Year but isn’t 5 weeks a long time to wait?

BIB tried to fine me for no plates yesterday so I asked him to call the shop and complain on my behalf

On yer way lad he said :rolleyes:

Also the online registration doesn’t work because the site tells me the bike has not been registered ie no plates.

Any thoughts of a constructive nature?

I am still waiting for my plates too. I got the bike on the 22nd of december if I remember correctly...

When I popped down to the shop the other day, they said it would take 3-5 months to get the plates - I wanted my 666 so I assumed it would take a bit longer. If the BIB start to fine you for not having a plate, maybe a red plate is the option to go. My dealer asked if I wanted one and all I had to pay was a 200b deposit...

Any others on their plates?

Plates. should take no longer than 4 weeks.. If longer your dealers a pissing about.. There are numerous threads on how the registration works on new bikes...

The dealer get the bike from Honda on consignment.

Dealer sells the bike.

Dealer pays Honda.

Honda release the paperwork for registration.

Dealer takes all paperwork to DLT.

Then 1-2 weeks later gets plate.

Plates. should take no longer than 4 weeks.. If longer your dealers a pissing about.. There are numerous threads on how the registration works on new bikes...

Dealer sells the bike.

Dealer pays Honda.

@Thai CBR

That sounds about right...

I don't mind not having the plates for a while but better to have them eh!

@Snowflate

If I had a choice I think 555 would be about right for APHonda right now ;-)

Dealer sells the bike.

Dealer pays Honda.

when dealer hands docs to DLT, dealer has two choices. Wait and hour and get book and plates. Come back next day and get book and plates. Done it myself several times.

If a dealer is slow, ask to get docs yourself to do reg, and they refund your reg fee.

Or tell them 2 days later you will make a policereport. What you actuall do is to visit policestation, bring some cigs, let police use your phone to call dealer, and usually you can pick up plates and book 2 days later.

New law states max 30 days to issue book and plates. Fines after 30 days up to 10k baht for riding without white plate

The day you have book and plates, you become the owner of the bike.

I am still waiting for my plates too. I got the bike on the 22nd of december if I remember correctly...

When I popped down to the shop the other day, they said it would take 3-5 months to get the plates - I wanted my 666 so I assumed it would take a bit longer. If the BIB start to fine you for not having a plate, maybe a red plate is the option to go. My dealer asked if I wanted one and all I had to pay was a 200b deposit...

Any others on their plates?

If you are waiting for 666, you may have to wait for 999 bikes to be reg in NST ;)

Appropriate... how much are those silver body parts in black direct from Honda?

Less than 4,000b i would have thought. might be wrong though :)

Haven't enquired as any mods are about 6 months away as they are behind a wedding and mother's holiday in the priority list. At least my wife's priority list, which is the important one.

Would be interested if anybody asks though.

Documents were submitted about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Went in yesterday and they said plates within 10 days. Documents were delayed on our part due to the changing of the wife's name, bonus is that it'll be a 2011 registered bike. Bought and rode since before xmas. :)

It's been 7 wks since I bought my 150, and still waiting on plates. Wife said dealer told her "3 months" for plates & book. I just found that out this morning. I told her 'B.S.!" Call them today and tell them I want them now or I go to the police and file a complaint. Which would be the husband of her cousin.

:whistling:

Documents were submitted about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Went in yesterday and they said plates within 10 days. Documents were delayed on our part due to the changing of the wife's name, bonus is that it'll be a 2011 registered bike. Bought and rode since before xmas. :)

Insured 2010, 2010 in book page 4 position 9 (modelyear), issued in 2011 (page4 position 1)

@Snowflate

If I had a choice I think 555 would be about right for APHonda right now ;-)

Sure I could go that way, but then it would not match my car, or my pcx...

Not that I really care now as I will sell my CBR in September...

Then I would get any number plate now, and then replace with 666 at DLT when it comes up. If before September. The dealer will use all kind of 666 excuses to not have to pay AP for bike, and then probably miss the next 666

I got my special plate a few months ago to replace the initial reg number, 630 baht to pick any number, and 6 weeks wait in Phuket

Now then, how nice does the ass on his look?

2_211_72902e0bba8759a.jpg

K-Speed had a nice rear plate holder on their bike yesterday. LED indicators and numberplate holder that fits on right underneath the rear light, getting rid of all that plastic. On sale next month for 1000 thb.

Looks like the one in the pic doesn't even have a rear light. Am sure at some stage something like this will be made with a set of LED rear light and indicators and plate holder. Now that would be sexy. Always said that only nicer thing about the ninja is it's ass... that certainly would be upstaged if a set like this became available.

Armed with all the good advice from Snowflake, ThaiCBR, Katabeachbum and others I reached for the phone knowing that I'd get my plates...

Good you called said the shop, your plates have just arrived, when can you pick them up...

Must be the vibes from this forum. :lol:

Oh! And checked how much for the one in the showroom and they said.... 140k!

Well that will gather some dust I thought as I rode away...

BTW, bought mine 20th Dec (108k) so the 4 weeks is just about right with the holidays and all that

So all sorted :thumbsup:

All sorted bar bar new oil filters... hmmm :angry:

Archived